Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is sad. There's always something particularly bothersome about hearing that somebody died at work. An accident in a slab yard congers up some pretty gruesome images.

It's pretty gruesome for some of us, because we don't have to "conjure" the images.
    It'll be in one of my safety briefs, and there'll be a video in at least one safety brief.
    It's worse for his family.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    It's pretty gruesome for some of us, because we don't have to "conjure" the images.
    It'll be in one of my safety briefs, and there'll be a video in at least one safety brief.
    It's worse for his family.

I've been hearing about safety issues at that mill for a while now. Sad to find that things are actually getting as bad as the rumors say they are.

Thanks for the correction, I often guess at some spellings and rely on spell check. Stupid words that sound alike...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've been hearing about safety issues at that mill for a while now. Sad to find that things are actually getting as bad as the rumors say they are.

Thanks for the correction, I often guess at some spellings and rely on spell check. Stupid words that sound alike...

I wasn't correcting your language.
    Just commenting that these images come to some of our minds with no attempt to "imagine".
    Witnessing them, or watching it happen on video gives us a front row seat to the hellhouse.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I wasn't correcting your language.
    Just commenting that these images come to some of our minds with no attempt to "imagine".
    Witnessing them, or watching it happen on video gives us a front row seat to the hellhouse.

I did get that part. It's a good point, we tend to forget about those who have to respond and cope with things like this.

Without too much detail, was this a result of a change in manpower or procedure?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Bout time.
    I know it was closed longer than married life. Going to work was an adventure and 700 North took the beating with all the traffic on it. Weird to see a traffic light at the intersection. Couldn't care less about the railroad crossing being closed.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I know it was closed longer than married life. Going to work was an adventure and 700 North took the beating with all the traffic on it. Weird to see a traffic light at the intersection. Couldn't care less about the railroad crossing being closed.
    A light will be good IF they set it up correctly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom