Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Techies ... need help ... I am trying to print something but there is another document in the printer que that is holding things up. Apparently my wife tried to print something yesterday and it didn't print, now it's just sitting there and I can't seem to delete it. It just says, "Deleting" but there it sits ... undeleted. Is there a way to send my document to the front of the que? Oh yeah ... already tried turning the printer on and off.

Make sure the printer is on and connected. It usually won't cancel the print job if the printer is off or disconnected.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Techies ... need help ... I am trying to print something but there is another document in the printer que that is holding things up. Apparently my wife tried to print something yesterday and it didn't print, now it's just sitting there and I can't seem to delete it. It just says, "Deleting" but there it sits ... undeleted. Is there a way to send my document to the front of the que? Oh yeah ... already tried turning the printer on and off.

More likely it's sitting in the computer's que. Reboot.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Meh.. Reboot does not always do it and frankly that is for noobs. You want to tell that b... of a printer who is boss.
    You need to stop the printer spooler program.
    What version of windows are you on.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Meh.. Reboot does not always do it and frankly that is for noobs. You want to tell that b... of a printer who is boss.

True, but it works most of the time as long as you shut down completely and then power up instead of choosing restart. And it's a whole lot easier to explain than killing the spooler.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Problem fixed but I have a question ... if shutting down completely fixes it, why was the print job still there today when the printing attempt was yesterday (computer was shut down completely last night)?

I've had that happen a few times, mostly on servers though. Printing for the most part is black magic, as far as I'm concerned. I can explain a lot of things with networking and an AD environment, printing is not one of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom