• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes it's an 8/3. It's a smaller aperture rear sight install in it. I think I got it from midway, but can't remember. This sight setup worked on a RRA mid-length w/ a 6/3 carry handle. I haven't pinned it yet. I have a standard FSB in the cart at Brownell's, that should give me more play. If I still need more, I was going to shorten a front sight.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My new holsters from Mitch Rosen
    Spare mag and hoster for M@P, holster for model 19

20160904_193053_zpshyzofwyx.jpg

20160904_041054_zpsjzaytfdy.jpg

20160904_040737_zpsmyvtxpml.jpg

20160904_040814_zpskwdrlljk.jpg

20160904_041023_zpsjztvvpka.jpg

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    My new holsters from Mitch Rosen
    Spare mag and hoster for M@P, holster for model 19

20160904_193053_zpshyzofwyx.jpg

20160904_041054_zpsjzaytfdy.jpg

20160904_040737_zpsmyvtxpml.jpg

20160904_040814_zpskwdrlljk.jpg

20160904_041023_zpsjztvvpka.jpg

Everyone knows you don't wear a brown holster with a black belt. However it is acceptable to wear a black holster with a brown belt. How can we expect the anti gun liberal to accept us, if we can't even accessorize right, lol.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Sorry, I wasn't asking about the aperture, I was asking about the elevation ... if it was 8/3, 6/3 or just a NM type with 100 clicks of adjustment (25 moa). Does it have the BZ mark ... tiny "z" two clicks past the 6/3 8/3 mark?
    No marks other than 8/3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. I got this A2 upper out of the classies years ago. He thought it might have been a bushmaster, but wasn't sure.
    Just a few more questions ...

Barrel length is 20in?
    Yes
    Nothing fancy about the front sight? ... or were you using that bead shaped one? ... equal height though, right?
    Front sight is a bead, from the KNS multi-pack. i believe so.
    Why 50 yard zero? Why not 25 meter?
    I don't have a lot of places to shoot other than DNR ranges. A 50 yard zero would have the same POI as the 230 yard at JP or winamac. I'l have to think on this. I would think a 50 yard zero would be in the front sight's adjustment range. Maybe it's not.
    Shooting from a bench? prone? bags? sling?
    Bench
    Finally, that F marked FSB is taller so that will affect your rear sight settings. If you lose too much MOA adjustment and can't live with it, you might have to go with a different FSB.
    That's what I'm thinking. I was going to start with the standard height FSB, then shorten the front sight if needed from there.
    Ultimate question is, what do you want the rifle to do?
    Out-shoot scoped rifles :) It's going to be my iron sight rifle. Long sight radius, with fine sights.

I've been collecting these parts for years. I bought a 20" complete upper with the sole intention of using the barrel for this project.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I am visiting a friend in Joliet, Illinois today.
    He seems to think I can't carry there at all.
    Under their new law, can't I carry into Illinois as long as I leave it in the car when I get out?
    Does it make a difference since, I am going to his private property?

You are correct about carrying in your car. I don't know about the private property thing.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not a good day so far.

Busted the belt on my 6' mower deck on the big tractor trying to mow the field. Felt some vibrations, by the time I turned around to see what was happening there was no more vibrations and no more spinning blades either.

Brought the tractor up the back path to the workshop and tried to take off the cover plates. Went to the right side belt cover: Bolt #1, no problem. Bolt #2, no problem. Bolt #3, not any way to get that loose. Figured I'd come back to Bolt #3. Went over to the left side belt cover: Went to the right side belt cover: Bolt #1, no problem. Bolt #2, no problem. Bolt #3, not any way to get that loose. WTF!!!

:(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I finally got my new target frames/mounts in on my range. The range Santa (not fairy, definitely not range fairy) brought these to me and after some fun with the tractor, wrenches and grinder oh my, I have this
    New%20Range.jpg

NO more changing posts :rockwoot:

Santa does not exist. It was a magic fairy that brought you those stands. Trust me I have seen him up close and he is a fairy for sure just hiding his wings and wanting to be Santa with his beard. :)

Nice good but am wondering will that steel post hold up when idiot #1 or #2 shoot at them with the ARs?
    As the poles appear to be at an angle is there any issue of bullet rebounding at odd angles towards the barn or the field of crops?

Unsubscribed somehow i thought you all had died.

Nah we are just preparing you for when the internet goes dark 30days before the election. :)

#brownholstersmatter

You aren't brown! Get to the back of the line. ;)
    #Blackleathermatters.

You aren't black! Get to the back of the line. ;)

#Allleathermatters
    :rofl:

Actually wait these are for wheel guns right? So I'm on the
    #1911matters
    team.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So they will go sideways vs back to the shooter?
    That is what i have never understood with the steel targets.
    You are shooting directly at it so wont the bullet have a chance of bouncing direclty back at the user?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom