Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Not in this case.

The 2 stuck bolts have plastic collars and knobs on them. And the cover they both hold in place is ABS plastic. So using a torch is not viable.

I got both unstuck later that day. Broke off the plastic collar/knobs. Grabbed a ratchet wrench and broke the rust with a judicious amount of banging. Today I went to Tractor Supply and bought new bolts.

two words: anti seize

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooooo after a long talk with several people at Beretta today about the hammer drop safety that broke on my oldest and most used Beretta 92FS they transferred me to Brownells and offered me a plastic replacement part...

I'm so very disappointed in Beretta now...

I may have to have a replacement machined if all they are offering now is plastic....

Oh well....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not in this case.

The 2 stuck bolts have plastic collars and knobs on them. And the cover they both hold in place is ABS plastic. So using a torch is not viable.

I got both unstuck later that day. Broke off the plastic collar/knobs. Grabbed a ratchet wrench and broke the rust with a judicious amount of banging. Today I went to Tractor Supply and bought new bolts.
    One of my favorite stores.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    two words: anti seize
    Yes, now. Unfortunately not from the factory.

One of my favorite stores.
    It does provide its benefits.
    #1, it's name is instant wife repellent. So when I include that store in places I need to go when running errands I am assured that my wife will not tag along and turn my short trips to buy needed items into a day long shopping spree visiting stores that should never be endured by even the most tolerant of husbands.
    #2, it is pet friendly.
    #3, it is gun friendly.​

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So, if anyone knows of a job for an 18 yr old with no direction what-so-ever as to wtf he want's to do with his life, please let me know.

50955091.jpg

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So, if anyone knows of a job for an 18 yr old with no direction what-so-ever as to wtf he want's to do with his life, please let me know.

I know !775 already mentioned the USMC. But I would toss in the other services as well. Have him talk to some recruiters.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes, now. Unfortunately not from the factory.

It does provide its benefits.
    #1, it's name is instant wife repellent. So when I include that store in places I need to go when running errands I am assured that my wife will not tag along and turn my short trips to buy needed items into a day long shopping spree visiting stores that should never be endured by even the most tolerant of husbands.
    #2, it is pet friendly.
    #3, it is gun friendly.​
    Funny. My wife likes the store more than I do, and she is not one to do the kind of shopping you refer to. Of course that is offset with her thinking that all spare time should be occupied doing chores. Except of course for her watching the stupid TV shows she likes to watch.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Funny. My wife likes the store more than I do, and she is not one to do the kind of shopping you refer to. Of course that is offset with her thinking that all spare time should be occupied doing chores. Except of course for her watching the stupid TV shows she likes to watch.

"Will work for range time":):
    I grew up on a farm, so I'm proficient with farm equipment, but my back won't allow me to shovel S**t.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2016
    Jasper County
    F that noise. I would have left personally. Stupidity and guns do not mix. Sorry I couldn't make it out either. But good news is we got an offer accepted so I'll be 10 mins from the range. I can go on weekdays when the idiots are at home

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    PCP... it was a nightmare out there and nobody else showed up so I had to keep my head on a swivel constantly...

Still got the Beretta carbine sighted in though... Still trying to make it over to Blythes before the weekend to see where she is hitting inside of 25 yards before I'm comfortable...

Might hit Sand Burr this sunday or monday if everything works out...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooo got to love when the blood sugars finally come down enough to eat a few carbs right before time to get some sleep... I'm betting this pump is going to alarm on me pretty soon because I don't see any other reason for the BS being so high...

Would have been nice to get to eat something this morning or lunch time... but I'll take this now... Here is to hoping the dang thing settles and gives a good BS again in the morning...

These things run good for a couple monthes and then a batch will have 2 bad ones in it... Oh well....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom