• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I always thought of Costco as a yuppie discount store for city people who don't understand what a discount is but who do get off on having a 'membership' to something. I've wandered through many and never saw anything inside I'd be tempted to buy.

This is not meant as an insult to anyone who might shop there. I just have far better places to spend my money.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Definitely there are things that are more expensive at Costco than some places but there are also things that are incredibly cheaper. Just for allergy medicine the entire membership is paid for for the year on one purchase.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't think Costco is cheap anymore. My sis took took this picture of there wild caught cod fish. $20 for 2 lbs. Aldi has wild Alaska cod fish, 2lb bag for $12.

The same with the chicken breast. Costco price is 5.99 per lb. Adli has the bulk pack for 2.49 per lb.
    I haven't been able to find that Aldi cod for a long time. I sauté it in butter with a bit of lemon and dill.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Most of the time I manage to just handoff my cart to someone going in. Yeah, I'm out a quarter, but,......

1) I don't have to push the empty cart back to the store.
    2) I don't have to return all the way back to my car.
    3) Some stranger gets a 'free' quarter doing what he was going to do anyway.
    4) Some stranger thinks I'm a nut or some kind of hero.

That's a lot of value for a quarter!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Most of the time I manage to just handoff my cart to someone going in. Yeah, I'm out a quarter, but,......

1) I don't have to push the empty cart back to the store.
    2) I don't have to return all the way back to my car.
    3) Some stranger gets a 'free' quarter doing what he was going to do anyway.
    4) Some stranger thinks I'm a nut or some kind of hero.

That's a lot of value for a quarter!
    I'd say that about 50% of the time I go to Aldi I either get a 'free' cart, which I then try to pass on to someone else when I leave, or I give someone my quarter as I pass on my cart to someone so I don't have to walk the cart back to the store.

On the rare occasion I walk the cart back up to the store I appreciate the fact that the parking lots are small so the walk is usually not much longer than walking a Stracks or Target cart to one of their cart corrals.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It seems different places each have Loss Leaders to get you into the store and hope you buy more
    Summers 4 them. jedi don't fall for that.
    JEWEL is one of those. It's on the way back from work so jedi will stop get the thing on sale and leave.

No extra trip, thus no extra gas.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    so your supposed to put a quarter in that gadget on the carts at Aldi ? I thought that was for these steel slugs I use there... I still put the cart back but... lol

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    so your supposed to put a quarter in that gadget on the carts at Aldi ? I thought that was for these steel slugs I use there... I still put the cart back but... lol
    Screenshot_20230423_112735_TikTok.jpg

U can also use a house key to pop the lock per say. Once off the other carts, you can pull your key and use the cart with no quarter.

Best of all you can then leave the cart in the parking lot. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom