Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Spent the day at indy. Private box, private ac tent. All catered. Pit and garage passes. Unreal.
    Be there Sunday in our regular seats just down from the finish line. Only missed 3 races since I was 15. 1 was covid year, 1 I stood up at a wedding in Evansville, and one in my teens where it rained, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Couldn't get another day off on Wednesday.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I've never been to the big 500 race there. But I did go see the best race ever there for me - the United States Gran Prix in 2001. That was when the Formula 1 cars had V10 engines - WOW. My favorite driver at that time was Mika Hakkinen and he started in fourth place - right in front of me - and he won the race, beating out Michael Schumacher.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I've never been to the big 500 race there. But I did go see the best race ever there for me - the United States Gran Prix in 2001. That was when the Formula 1 cars had V10 engines - WOW. My favorite driver at that time was Mika Hakkinen and he started in fourth place - right in front of me - and he won the race, beating out Michael Schumacher.

It's probably a little more special for me since I grew up local, but tv does not do it justice. We know all the folks around us too. Guaranteed the Ball State grad behind me will have a snakebite shot ready for his group and me for the start, mid, and final lap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-080648_Facebook.jpg
      Screenshot_20220522-080648_Facebook.jpg
      190.9 KB · Views: 11

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I know nothing about racing, but a child hood friend does work for a major team so we were pampered today. We could've gone to big race next week but I didn't want to. This time was calm

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It's probably a little more special for me since I grew up local, but tv does not do it justice. We know all the folks around us too. Guaranteed the Ball State grad behind me will have a snakebite shot ready for his group and me for the start, mid, and final lap.
    That is great!
    I do realize how big that place is. I did a LOT of walking to check out all the corners during all the races during the F1 weekend. I was worn out each day.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    My project this weekend. Dug a stump out of a flower bed, laid new weed mat, placed and planted flowers in an old whiskey barrel, laid about 500 lbs of rock around it. Then took the leftover rock and put it in the rest of our landscaping. Overall I moved about a half ton of rocks, by hand.
    I don’t want to do all this again for a long time! I wouldn’t let darkkevin help, and he was doing other projects anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_9392.jpeg
      IMG_9392.jpeg
      650.8 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_9407.jpeg
      IMG_9407.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 6

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    Kid slept over at his buddy's and has been in the pool all day. Got a ton of little projects knocked out. 1st hummingbird of the season visited some flowers. Bunch of orioles visited the feeder killing the grape jelly. Glad Menards sells it for $1.59 because they go to town on it. Wife got things planted and organized. She went to pick up what has to be a tired, pruney kid.

View attachment 277382

View attachment 277383
    Glad he's living it up.
    We're still waiting to see the first hummingbird of the season. Orioles have always been very hit and miss for us (didn't see any last year), even with orange slices and jelly. Do you have any secrets to share on how to attract them?

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    We're still waiting to see the first hummingbird of the season. Orioles have always been very hit and miss for us (didn't see any last year), even with orange slices and jelly. Do you have any secrets to share on how to attract them?
    Plant blueberry bushes lol that’s what mine come for

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Been to at least 25 races. Sat high in the 3rd turn for many where we could see the whole back straight and the short chute of 3-4 where plenty of crashes happen.

I kinda miss going, but not so much any more. The a-holes are more numerous and I tolerate crowds less now.

Pit passes are always fun to have. Get to take close-ups of the action.
    pit_pass.jpg

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Been to at least 25 races. Sat high in the 3rd turn for many where we could see the whole back straight and the short chute of 3-4 where plenty of crashes happen.

I kinda miss going, but not so much any more. The a-holes are more numerous and I tolerate crowds less now.

Pit passes are always fun to have. Get to take close-ups of the action.
    View attachment 277488
    The box we were in was here on turn 4.

Screenshot_20230522_120704_Chrome.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom