• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Glad I didn’t wake up to snow…. but the troughs had a decent layer of ice on them this morning.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    You get no value for your $ out here.

Ate at a Spanish restaurant in a strip mall, next to a Trader Joe's grocery store. This was not a gourmet restaurant. It was a step up from a typical NWI local joint. It is apparently a very popular place in the area. Lines to get in for dinner every night at this restaurant, but we are traveling with a 3 year old so we eat earlier, typically get reservations between 5 and 5:30pm to get out and home by his bedtime, usually easy to get early reservations.

Dinner for 3 tonight. We decided to share. 1 entree, 9 small appetizers, 3 drinks. Bill with a MANDATORY TIP was $304.00 and they allowed me the option of adding an additional tip. I declined.
    You should just stop eating. That would save a ton of money.

Last time I was in Kalifornia was 2009 in San Francisco. A $5 lunch here was $9 there ($10 in Hawaii). Police were nonexistent and reactive, not proactive. Cars set on fire, weed smell everywhere, the occasional BJs seen on sidewalks in broad daylight.
    Friend went a couple years ago where criminals were smashing so many car windows locals were leaving windows rolled down. Sadly, their rental got smashed and robbed. When they went back to Enterprise, there was a line of the same, where they basically said yep fill out this form and we'll see about getting you a new rental and fix this one.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Just throwing it out there, at first when Carvana told me I had to drop the truck off in Milwaukee, I called Midnight Blue, and they quoted me $150 to take us and the truck to Milwaukee, and bring us back home. I know Evansville is quite a bit farther, but just giving you an idea.
    They thought you said Merrillville. Sorry, there is NO way that would have happened. $150 is a base rate for a short tow. I had a truck towed from Schaumburg by them - go pick it up and bring it back. That was $300.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You get no value for your $ out here.

Ate at a Spanish restaurant in a strip mall, next to a Trader Joe's grocery store. This was not a gourmet restaurant. It was a step up from a typical NWI local joint. It is apparently a very popular place in the area. Lines to get in for dinner every night at this restaurant, but we are traveling with a 3 year old so we eat earlier, typically get reservations between 5 and 5:30pm to get out and home by his bedtime, usually easy to get early reservations.

Dinner for 3 tonight. We decided to share. 1 entree, 9 small appetizers, 3 drinks. Bill with a MANDATORY TIP was $304.00 and they allowed me the option of adding an additional tip. I declined.
    It's probably because you ate meat.
    you filty green house contributor by eating animals. ;)
    U need to just go green and eat only plants to do your part to save earth.
    (Note don't assume earth's gender) :rofl:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    They thought you said Merrillville. Sorry, there is NO way that would have happened. $150 is a base rate for a short tow. I had a truck towed from Schaumburg by them - go pick it up and bring it back. That was $300.
    Nope. Milwaukee doesn't sound anything like Merrillville. We had a complete discussion about it, including the fact that it was about 130 miles each way.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Truck money all went in the bank, but I treated myself. I've wanted a model 60 for a long time, so when this one came along, I grabbed it.
    You are a fellow wheelgun fan?

Have you seen that Henry has launched a wheelgun? 6-rd 38/357 DA Revolver. I might look into that, not because I really need it but sort of as collector's piece. When was the last time you saw new entry into revolver manufacturing?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's probably because you ate meat.
    you filty green house contributor by eating animals. ;)
    U need to just go green and eat only plants to do your part to save earth.
    (Note don't assume earth's gender) :rofl:
    You must have missed the Rice is causing climate change thread.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You are a fellow wheelgun fan?

Have you seen that Henry has launched a wheelgun? 6-rd 38/357 DA Revolver. I might look into that, not because I really need it but sort of as collector's piece. When was the last time you saw new entry into revolver manufacturing?
    Hell yeah. I used to have quite an extensive collection of Smiths until life (and unemployment) got in the way. Not too enthused about the Henry because I have more or less pared my collection down to what is most useful to me for self-defense. I have just always wanted a M60, so when that one came up in the classies, I grabbed it.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Probably ... but I wasn't inclined to Inquire at 8pm on a Saturday night

Edit: Plus I had to replace both Rims

Edit of Edit: Bad Rims Plus 2 Good Rims for Sale ---

Status
    Not open for further replies.