Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'd have bet he had a basic script.

Lexus dealer tried to do that to me once. Everyone used the exact same phrases, buying a car is a complicated process, etc etc I called them on it, then they apologized with essentially the same words!

Before I retired I was buying 5-10 vehicles a year, I stopped putting up with the dealers crap long ago. Best dealer I ever worked with was Bosak in Highland, I could get in and out of there in about 20 minutes. 2nd best is probably Fletcher Jones Audi in Chicago, they just bring cars to my home.

All this car talk reminds me of the time the finance man made it sound like I wasn't gonna get the car unless I bought the extended warranty. Yea? FU. As I got up to walk out, he kissed my ass sufficiently that I went ahead with the car.

I've saved enough not buying the extended warranty all these years, that if something goes wrong, I'll write a check for it and still be way ahead.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you are ever out in the Portage area. There is a great burger place called Big Time Burgers and Brews. They are bit on the pricey side. But the quality and quantity of food you get is worth it. View attachment 301533
    That is a nice looking burger but it's not a smash burger which is what jedi would classify the schoops burger.

Not knocking either one but they are in different categories so it's not a fair comparison.

As for bigretic... well at least you can join the toliet bowl club like acteon. :p

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Page 225, post p225s
    why do I have two nickel mags for a blued gun? I don't know.

View attachment 301229

Here's a Sig pic. The little green lights are 3 sig 365's wanting to come out to play. Never been shot - havn't had time lately. But I peek in there once in a while just for inspiration.

IMG_3428.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone know of a good Firm/Extra Firm mattress?
    My wife and I both like Firm/Extra Firm mattresses. Went shopping and tried a bunch of them. Ended up with a lower end TempurPedic.

We've had many 14" thick mattresses of various construction. We tried the Saatva, sent it back. Tried Sealy and other name brands. Tried a hybrid from Wayfair, it's OK, in the other guest room. Bought Dasha a Lucid foam 10", it is pretty good, on the firm side of the spectrum but not extra firm. Melen has a Lucid 14' Foam, but that is not firm, it is plush, I sink into it. We have a Zinus 10" firm gel cooling mattress in one guest room, that is pretty nice. Tried that fancy air mattress that lets each person adjust their own pressure, uh, no.

But the current mattress, which is very comfortable and firm (not extra firm) is a 10" TempurPedic, fairly basic version. Got it last year. Love it. We had TempurPedic years ago, balked on the price. Big mistake. They are worth it. But stay away from the plush variants. Not all 'memory foam' is the same. Budget choice would be either the Zinus 10" or the Lucid 10".

Last edited:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Are you taking the other stuff, like Meloxicam, etc...? I only took the Oxy for one day, but the whole package of stuff they give you is optimized for healing, not just pain relief. Staying on the drug schedule made it a lot easier with the PT and healing, at least for me.

When I busted my leg up many moons ago and they put a plate in the doctor gave me Tylenol 3 (maybe Tylox??). Best dang pain killer I ever had. When I asked if I could get some more, he said no. I am anti drugs with a relatively high tolerance. If Listerine or Anacin can’t fix it, I’m in trouble.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom