• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Same discussion, new fallacies. The burden of proof is on you, not me.

And I always thought that war was a tool of diplomacy used to ensure liberty.

War is failed diplomacy. There is nothing diplomatic about it.

Ensure liberty? Really? How's that War on Terror doing in ensuring our liberty? People seem really grateful for the generous efforts of the Feds & the TSA. I feel so free, with the insurmountable debts incurred and the police state we have on our own soil.

That's a pretty twisted view that we wage war on other nations to destroy our own liberty. Why would we do that when the government could just take them away with the swipe of a pen? (That was a rhetorical question. It do not require an answer, especially one lacking reason.)

It is a twisted view. Time to realize the twisted truth. "Never let a crisis go to waste." Is this some kind of new revelation for you? Wars have been excuses to take our liberties again and again.

The Federal Government is not made up of people with your best interests in mind. Their power grabs have been occurring regularly for decades by using crises (both real and staged) to convince the American people they were necessary.

Let me say that again, you have to convince the people that their liberties must be taken away, or they would revolt.

Would Americans have accepted the Patriot Act without 9/11?
    Would Americans accept the TSA molesting us if we weren't conditioned to fear terrorists?
    Would as many Americans have wanted Obamacare without the perception of greedy insurance companies trying to screw them?
    Would we have accepted concentration camps on American soil if we weren't in fear of Japanese Americans?
    Would Americans have allowed their gold to be confiscated without the perception that it would fix the Great Depression?
    Would Americans have allowed the National Firearms Act of 1934 without the perception of mobsters with tommy guns trying to kill us?
    Would we have allowed the steel mills to be seized by government if we were not in the middle of WW2?
    Would Americans accept government bailouts and stimulus without the perception of economic collapse without them?

Never let a crisis go to waste. Your government acts against your best interest, no matter how loyal of a guard dog you are to it.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Satire to lighten it up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfgrj_62-Y]YouTube - Contemporary American History[/ame]

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    With any luck they will both nuke each other completely off the planet and the rest of the world can go on with one less pest just as if neither one ever existed. I'll not miss either one soon as the news papers figure out how to fill the blank places on the page where a couple of irrelevant nuisances used to take up space.:rolleyes:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    War is failed diplomacy. There is nothing diplomatic about it.

Ensure liberty? Really? How's that War on Terror doing in ensuring our liberty? People seem really grateful for the generous efforts of the Feds & the TSA. I feel so free, with the insurmountable debts incurred and the police state we have on our own soil.

I would say pretty good, have you found any ied's on your road?
    You should feel free, you can say the govt sucks and not go to prison or be shot on sight.

It is a twisted view.

No, it's a warriors view. Remember, guys like Roger Ranger and Semper-Fi have paid a heavy price so we can sit and ***** about things on the internet.

Now, I pray that we don't have to fight with NK. It would end up with a body count only equaled by the Civil War.

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    you forgot the fact that they were i differnt type of nuke. and much smaller than the ones we use today. get off you high horse and look what the repercussions mr warrior, both to the global economics as well as the ecosystems. dont understand fallout? please show me what i dont know and back it up.

Originally Posted by sparky241
    when chernobyle went up int he 80's it sent radiation all over europe. and was even said it hit the waters off our coast. because of the prevailing winds.

Chernobyle vaporized its fuel and sent a plume over the Ukraine. Much different than a fusion bomb, much more fuel involved. The WW2 fission bombs were also much dirtier weapons than today's fusion bombs. Fallout is a secondary effect and is not that long lasting. The blast and heat primary effects are the biggies. Not that I'm advocating nuking anybody, just pointing out the false comparisons. Whenever you go into war, whether rashly or thoughtfully, it's a crapshoot that you never know how will turn out. The dangers are vast.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    need this settin' off the North's coast....

8505379.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I would say pretty good, have you found any ied's on your road?
    You should feel free, you can say the govt sucks and not go to prison or be shot on sight.

If the terrorists' goals were to destroy American freedoms, then they have won, hands down. They have made us paranoid and obsessed with illegal searches and creating a surveillance society. We have lost freedoms, not protected them. Lost them.

You can't protect our constitution by taking away our constitutional rights. I would rather face the remote danger of a terrorist than face the guaranteed invasion of my rights. So bring the IED's, and I'll bring my 2nd Amendment. I don't think I'm alone feeling that way.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    If the terrorists' goals were to destroy American freedoms, then they have won, hands down. They have made us paranoid and obsessed with illegal searches and creating a surveillance society. We have lost freedoms, not protected them. Lost them.

You can't protect our constitution by taking away our constitutional rights. I would rather face the remote danger of a terrorist than face the guaranteed invasion of my rights. So bring the IED's, and I'll bring my 2nd Amendment. I don't think I'm alone feeling that way.

+1 rep for you sir:patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ^--
    Wow look at the water where the blast is occuring. The level of force is just wow. Does the entire ship rock to the side when the guns are being shot that way as well?

Vessels of the past.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    ^--
    Wow look at the water where the blast is occuring. The level of force is just wow. Does the entire ship rock to the side when the guns are being shot that way as well?

Vessels of the past.

it would push the ship over 9ft with a broadside all battery's....and hit something at 27 miles...land of the free!!!:patriot:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    ^--

Vessels of the past.

Rock? A salvo moves the ship several feet, at least according to legend. You can't stand exposed on deck when they're firing the big guns.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

This is your opinion and you are free to think it but your statement does makes me sad. It show that the american people are at best, spoiled. A little inconvenience and the sky is falling, our rights are being ripped from our hands.
    Please explain to me what rights you have lost due to terrorism? and how the 2nd Amendment will help you with an IED? I am fairly sure our troops have much better weapons than we and yet they are affected every day

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I dont think thats what Rambone is saying Smitty.

He isnt afraid of IEDs, hes afraid of the .gov taking advantage of our fear of terrorists, and the .gov taking away our freedoms.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This is your opinion and you are free to think it but your statement does makes me sad. It show that the american people are at best, spoiled. A little inconvenience and the sky is falling, our rights are being ripped from our hands.
    Please explain to me what rights you have lost due to terrorism? and how the 2nd Amendment will help you with an IED? I am fairly sure our troops have much better weapons than we and yet they are affected every day

The Hate America First fire burns on both sides of the candle. Those that have never had to defend freedom scream the loudest for it. And from it. Sad indeed.

Top Bottom