• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Not surprising. The Norks are always trying to provoke an incident. Of course this one is over the top, but they recently attacked a SK naval vessel.

The South has been quite tolerant of these provocations. I imagine their people will eventually tire of them and war will be inevitable.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I am telling you, these people think in terms of video games. You drop a nuke, a screen comes up and shows that "your team won" and thats all there is to it.

No consequences, no massive death and human suffering, no retaliation...no world war III...

blah.

Sometimes the simplemindedness of people gets to me.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I am telling you, these people think in terms of video games. You drop a nuke, a screen comes up and shows that "your team won" and thats all there is to it.

No consequences, no massive death and human suffering, no retaliation...no world war III...

blah.

Bad dom. No apple for you.

The only thing that has kept the North from sending its 1 million men across the DMZ is the threat of being nuked. They have superior numbers. We have superior technology. They want what the South has. At some point their desire to take the South will outweight the risk of taking it. At that instant we will have to show that the technology is real, it is on the ground, and it is in the hands of people willing to use it. Ask Japan.

Does anyone relish the use of nukes? Nope. But if the alternative is to surrender the South, what do you do? Walk away and lift your skirt for the whole world to see? That's the quickest way to kill American exceptionalism forever. I'm not down for that.

If you got 'em smoke 'em.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    North Korea is China's problem. Every time NK starts to get too uppity, China goes behind the scenes and gives them a talking to. China allows NK to do some saber rattling but in the end China is the only thing keeping NK afloat and NK won't buck China.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Semper Fi, what I have issues with is people saying "Parking Lot Time" on the internet like it some sort of joke.

I think some on this forum DO relish the use of nukes.

Thats the disconnect.

One of my friends family is in Korea, they would care. The 1 year old boy they are going over to adopt later this year is in Korea, THEY would care.

Some people forget that the world is more than just a video game, and "Other" countries are more than just ...

nah. nevermind. Nobody will get it.

Of COURSE nuclear arms are a deterrent. I am just saying, lets not talk LIGHTLY about wiping a people off the face of the earth and starting world war III because it sounds cool to use terms like "Airburst" and "Parking Lot" when you really have NO idea what that means in terms of human suffering on a massive scale.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

blah.

+1, this "parking lot" crap makes me sick. Nuke Iran, Nuke NK, Nuke China and so on. We're the USA, there's no consequences, no retribution. :rolleyes: One would figure after 10 years of war in the Middle East that we would have had enough, but also learn not to punish an entire people, and their children and THEIR right to life because of the regime.

Defections to SK have been in record numbers this year compared to others (per a Headline News story I saw). The economic situation in NK is so bad they cannot even light/electrify up Pyongyang for more than a few nights a week. Do other actually think the NK's want to LIVE under the Kim Jong Il goons? If Americans really think that, they must be sheep as they have been duped by FORIEGN propaganda!

NK leadership rules by fear and lives in luxury while their people die by the thousands via starvation, "silencing" or forced labor by the government's hands. And fatted, lazy Americans just want to NUKE everything? Didn't we learn NOT to mess with the atom from the cold war? Remember the idea during the Cold War that our families, loved ones and friends WIPED OUT in an instant flash out of retribution for our government's hubris? Isn't Kennedy's brinkmanship ENOUGH for one generation?! People honestly think China will sit back and let the US just arbitrarily run (or try to) over NK without consequence? They have nukes too you know!

Ignorance, ethnocentrism and brinkmanship all over again... It's the 1960s, Daddy's era and everyone wants to relive it again. Maybe we are forgetting the age old adage: "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it". Maybe we will be Nagasaki, maybe we will be Hiroshima, our families PUNISHED because we wanted to take the route our foolish and arrogant fathers and grandfathers wanted to do...

Instead of shooting nukes like the 4th of July, how about we take out the core problems, their leadership. Begin brokering backdoor deals and infiltration, sort of a "rubber raft" or "landing craft" diplomacy. Maybe even eventual steps to a unified Korea?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Bad dom. No apple for you.

The only thing that has kept the North from sending its 1 million men across the DMZ is the threat of being nuked. They have superior numbers. We have superior technology. They want what the South has. At some point their desire to take the South will outweight the risk of taking it. At that instant we will have to show that the technology is real, it is on the ground, and it is in the hands of people willing to use it. Ask Japan.

Does anyone relish the use of nukes? Nope. But if the alternative is to surrender the South, what do you do? Walk away and lift your skirt for the whole world to see? That's the quickest way to kill American exceptionalism forever. I'm not down for that.

If you got 'em smoke 'em.

well said.

the U.S. has been ***** footing around for too long in this conflict. time to use our big stick instead of just waving it around in the air. the NK know we are *****s now. so its time to man up and b**** slap their asses with a nuke. I wont lose one nights sleep knowing a north korean has been turned into a crispy critter.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Not surprising. The Norks are always trying to provoke an incident. Of course this one is over the top, but they recently attacked a SK naval vessel.

The South has been quite tolerant of these provocations. I imagine their people will eventually tire of them and war will be inevitable.
    SK has alot to loose if they go to war with nk. they can not compete with them and win. the north is better over all including more men,more artillery and more ships. gotta remember when your population is slave labor, its cheep to produce military goods and the north has them.If the south wanted to get into the foray, america would also have to as well, which means china will also. now no one wants that.It will not only hurt china financially, it will probable bring this country to its knees. gotta remember we dont manufacture didly squat in this country anymore.it comes from china now.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    if north korea disapeared off the world map, would anyone care? nope. theres your answer. parking lot time.
    if the winds would keep the fallout in one area fine, but the winds will drift it all over the continent and maybe even the world. wanna get sick from radiation fallout? me either

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Semper Fi, what I have issues with is people saying "Parking Lot Time" on the internet like it some sort of joke.

I think some on this forum DO relish the use of nukes.

Thats the disconnect.

I'm quite certain my friend Ranger is not joking. You don't get to be one of him (or one of me for that matter) if you are.

It's not hyperbole. At the risk of overstepping my bounds, read this.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

That's a belief system to be proud of. Ooo Rah!

See dom, there are those that fight and those that win. Winners do so because they are willing to go one step further than their opponent. Roosevelt was a fighter. Truman was a winner.

You may or may not realize it but the North has had the South under siege for 60 years. Those people are starving, waiting on the opportunity to reunify. Ultimately the only way to put this whole thing to bed is to either walk away and let the North devour the South, or destroy the North. There is only one way to do that.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/23/nkorea.skorea.military.fire/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1Is Obama too scared since he was voted in to "end the war" to start another one?

Is it your belief that starting wars is brave and avoiding wars is cowardly?

Haha, I guess we aren't hardcore enough to see the logic in starting an international nuclear war.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    if the winds would keep the fallout in one area fine, but the winds will drift it all over the continent and maybe even the world. wanna get sick from radiation fallout? me either

Really? How many people suffered radiation poisoning more than a few miles after Hiroshima? Nagasaki? Was Russia affected? The US? Even Okanawa?

Is it your belief that starting wars is brave and avoiding wars is cowardly?

Haha, I guess we aren't hardcore enough to see the logic in starting an international nuclear war.

Fallacy of false dilemma. Both of you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom