• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thanks for that! Once again not here to appease anyones wishes but I do believe there should be formal training for any gun holder. If it was less a matter of "my rights say I dont have to learn" compared to "I want to be the best possible firearm owner I can be." I don't believe we would see half as many opinions on the subject. I truly believe we would all benefit to some degree from formal training. It shouldn't be mandated that we have to use one training provider because this would cause flaws in ownership to develop but that we all receive some level of gun competencies from a more wise and aged firearm expert before we start our journey down this path.

There should be formal training in public school for literacy and the constitution.

Maybe we can meet half way and have gun safety and training in public school as a part of requirement for graduation?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks for that! Once again not here to appease anyones wishes but I do believe there should be formal training for any gun holder. If it was less a matter of "my rights say I dont have to learn" compared to "I want to be the best possible firearm owner I can be." I don't believe we would see half as many opinions on the subject. I truly believe we would all benefit to some degree from formal training. It shouldn't be mandated that we have to use one training provider because this would cause flaws in ownership to develop but that we all receive some level of gun competencies from a more wise and aged firearm expert before we start our journey down this path.

Show me the statistical proof that States that have required training are safer than those that don't.

How about this?
    You've never seen the need to carry a gun, so never go training.
    You get badly assaulted and told, next time we won't be so easy.
    You go to the police, and they tell you, get a gun we can't be around all the time.
    You go to get the gun, but the next class is 6 WEEKS AWAY, and cost $1,600.

Now what?

I knew women that needed guns for defense.
    I guess they should have just rolled over and died.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So I see we are still ignoring the facts. 18 year olds have always been able to carry and have a license. Where is the rampant bloodshed that we are told should happen?

I’m still waiting. Ignoring me will only make me ask it over and over again until you address the main flaw in your argument.
    Well. I’m still waiting.

Deimos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    Mooresville
    I just want to comment on this new law letting individuals 18 and over being allowed to carry a gun .I think kids will buy guns and carry them , and a whole bunch of kids getting shot.They are going to carry them for flashing them to their friends and you are going to get a bunch of accidental shootings and deaths.The ANTI-GUN group is going to have a FIELD DAY with this.Gives them a I told you so moment , and the PRESS will have a FIELD DAY too. And this with a NO LICENSE REQUIRED and NO TRAINING , I think this might be the end for anybody to carry , BRADY GROUP is probably SMILING as I am writing this.Their thoughts are give them what they want and watch them run themselfs in the ground , but the sad fact is KIDS are going to die I believe.This is what I think is going to happen. I pray it doesnt but I am concerned.JUST MY THOUGHTS
    I think society wise, it's a good thing. They should bring back firearms training in schools and have shooting competitions again like like had in the 50s etc.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I think society wise, it's a good thing. They should bring back firearms training in schools and have shooting competitions again like like had in the 50s etc.
    I couldnt agree more , maybe they could also have a respect and understanding , and a respondsibility class . But you know that wont happen because somebody will be offended , kinda sad and discouraging , take care guy

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So I see we are still ignoring the facts. 18 year olds have always been able to carry and have a license. Where is the rampant bloodshed that we are told should happen?

I’m still waiting. Ignoring me will only make me ask it over and over again until you address the main flaw in your argument.
    Still waiting.

Top Bottom