• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • triggerhappy00

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Merrillville
    So this has STILL been ignored. 18 year olds were and are legal to carry firearms. Where is all this mythical blood shed by lawful carriers? I’ll wait.

This is nothing new other than being forced to ask permission from an entity to protect yourself.
    This. Also no training required before so why now. Same 18 year old adults, just without a laminated piece of paper in their pocket.

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Well, no, under it. Safety third.
    Okay I understand
    God, Family, and County. It seems modern America has forgotten all three. Now it's all about self. Me, me, me, me.
    My God and family always come first. That is a huge part of why I believe human life is more sacred then civil rights. My family is at risk with more young adults possessing guns for just a "bragging effect".

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Okay I understand

My God and family always come first. That is a huge part of why I believe human life is more sacred then civil rights. My family is at risk with more young adults possessing guns for just a "bragging effect".

Then get training and learn how to fight.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Okay I understand

People carrying guns for "bragging effect" will happen regardless of whether a law changes or not. Plus that has nothing to do with age. 14, 18, 21, 40. Plenty of people out there willing to wave guns around.

As mentioned already, someone who is 18 years old can already apply for and receive an IN LTCH. Sorry to burst a bubble but that little pink card does not impart some greater knowledge of firearms handling.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Okay I understand

So then all young adults should get a license and background checks and blood work done once they get to the appropriate age to drink alcohol. Cause once they start drinking for bragging rights it puts us in danger.

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Then get training and learn how to fight.
    Thanks for that! Once again not here to appease anyones wishes but I do believe there should be formal training for any gun holder. If it was less a matter of "my rights say I dont have to learn" compared to "I want to be the best possible firearm owner I can be." I don't believe we would see half as many opinions on the subject. I truly believe we would all benefit to some degree from formal training. It shouldn't be mandated that we have to use one training provider because this would cause flaws in ownership to develop but that we all receive some level of gun competencies from a more wise and aged firearm expert before we start our journey down this path.

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    So then all young adults should get a license and background checks and blood work done once they get to the appropriate age to drink alcohol. Cause once they start drinking for bragging rights it puts us in
    I think alcohol is toxic so I am hard biased for something similar to this argument you proposed. I can not be impartial to the subject so I will refrain.

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    T
    Link?
    Statistically and factually speaking, no, they are not. That’s just the perception you’ve latched on to.

See bobzilla, triggerhappy et. al. arguments
    That's fine. My perception may be the correct one. Can you link to the opposing arguments other than direct people who oppose it? Any unbiased opinions on the subject? Doubtful

triggerhappy00

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Merrillville
    Link?
    Statistically and factually speaking, no, they are not. That’s just the perception you’ve latched on to.

See bobzilla, triggerhappy et. al. arguments above.
    I have yet to meet a 18 year old ADULT that is following all the carry/gun laws that scares me. I have however, thanks to this thread, found a couple of current, "older" gun owners that I'm terrified of.

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I have yet to meet a 18 year old ADULT that is following all the carry/gun laws that scares me. I have however, thanks to this thread, found a couple of current, "older" gun owners that I'm terrified of.
    Agreed. But I dont search for young adults with guns tbh. I stay to myself and avoid drama. Unless it's on here. This is my new favorite place to drop opinions.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I want a card from the government, not ETB but 2ABT: 2nd Amendment Benefits & Training!

All the training you can get via a convenient 2ABT card, which is "loaded" on a monthly basis.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom