• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They need to go back to what made it popular. Very few rules on the vehicles, and let the drivers get into it with each other.

There is no personality in the cars or drivers anymore. It's all very vanilla.

I'd like to see homologation come back as well. No more purpose built tube cars. Race STOCK cars with rolls cages.

Great, now you want to see the LGBTQ's get involved?? ;) Wait... wasn't Gordon's nickname "The Rainbow Warrior"?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They need to go back to what made it popular. Very few rules on the vehicles, and let the drivers get into it with each other.

There is no personality in the cars or drivers anymore. It's all very vanilla.

I'd like to see homologation come back as well. No more purpose built tube cars. Race STOCK cars with rolls cages.

In large part I agree 100%. Where I disagree is on the "No more purpose built tube cars". Racing true factory cars with a roll cage died a very long time ago. How far back do you want to go? I mean heck in the 60s & 70s the "factory cars" as people think of them were in very large part, purpose built race cars. While they retained the stock body most everything else was stripped down and modified specifically for racing. Again other than body panels..and even way back then they didn't have any templates so stuff was massaged, there was never really much STOCK about a stock car.
    Likewise in the effort to increase safety, all those tubes have a purpose. Roll cage construction has changed immensely over the years

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    In large part I agree 100%. Where I disagree is on the "No more purpose built tube cars". Racing true factory cars with a roll cage died a very long time ago. How far back do you want to go? I mean heck in the 60s & 70s the "factory cars" as people think of them were in very large part, purpose built race cars. While they retained the stock body most everything else was stripped down and modified specifically for racing. Again other than body panels..and even way back then they didn't have any templates so stuff was massaged, there was never really much STOCK about a stock car.
    Likewise in the effort to increase safety, all those tubes have a purpose. Roll cage construction has changed immensely over the years

I'd like to see it become something similar to what is done in most touring car series.

I just want to see more innovation, and I want that to translate to more cool cars.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'd like to see it become something similar to what is done in most touring car series.

I just want to see more innovation, and I want that to translate to more cool cars.

V8 Supercars rock and put on awesome races. Check out the Bathurst 1000 at Mount Panorama and even if you can’t stand DW watch this all the way through.

And if anyone wants to take a lap around the virtual Mount Panorama circuit send me a PM. I have it in iRacing. with a full motion simulator in Brownsburg and it’s quite a ride.:

[video=youtube_share;kLkLtBkUVuo]http://youtu.be/kLkLtBkUVuo[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    V8 Supercars rock and put on awesome races. Check out the Bathurst 1000 at Mount Panorama and even if you can’t stand DW watch this all the way through.

And if anyone wants to take a lap around the virtual Mount Panorama circuit send me a PM. I have it in iRacing. with a full motion simulator in Brownsburg and it’s quite a ride.:

[video=youtube_share;kLkLtBkUVuo]http://youtu.be/kLkLtBkUVuo[/video]
    Why is a (former?) professional racing car driving crying like a little girl? :dunno:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I think everyone except the race teams forgot there was a race in Michigan today, the stands are freakin empty.

They showed the parking area and you could clearly see empty spots everywhere including right up front. I remember going up to the Michigan races 10 years ago and it was crazy packed and thats before they tore down 1/3 of the stands.

Race attendance is way, way down, TV numbers are a joke, how much longer can this limp along.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think everyone except the race teams forgot there was a race in Michigan today, the stands are freakin empty.

They showed the parking area and you could clearly see empty spots everywhere including right up front. I remember going up to the Michigan races 10 years ago and it was crazy packed and thats before they tore down 1/3 of the stands.

Race attendance is way, way down, TV numbers are a joke, how much longer can this limp along.

NASCAR ruined it. I will debate this to no end.

Top Bottom