• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Hey Hornadyinl there is a blanket waiver that pretty much covers your assets.You can find it on the dnr website, I have a pond and after looking it over and consulting my attorney I started allowing people to fish because unless you are on watch 100% of the time they are going to invade anyways. I dont let just anybody fish but I do friends.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hey Hornadyinl there is a blanket waiver that pretty much covers your assets.You can find it on the dnr website, I have a pond and after looking it over and consulting my attorney I started allowing people to fish because unless you are on watch 100% of the time they are going to invade anyways. I dont let just anybody fish but I do friends.

Those who want me to provide insurance or want to sue me don't deserve the use of my property. Not worth my time to figure out who those people are.

old timer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Hells Bells man, That ain't the only woman in the world. Go get laid then go on a guilt trip and you'll may feel better.. Or roll up a big fat doobie put on some Bob Dylan and get lost.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Exactly why I don't let others shoot or hunt on my property. It's also why I burn truckloads of good firewood in the burn pile. I will not let others' carelessness put me out of house and home. People like you two are why hunters can't find property to hunt.

^This. I can't believe someone even suggested that.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    My apologies to the OP for jacking this thread, but it irritates me to see the "sue em" mentality. I, in no way got the impression that the OP had any intentions of doing that. Sorry to hear about your luck, OP.

No problem, it's fine, and only a slight thread-jacking... it's all related to the situation. I appreciate your opinion much more than those suggesting she no longer be my wife, and I agree with your position and due to being swamped with extra duties all day I couldn't answer in a more timely fashion, but I absolutely have NO intentions of suing our friends for my wife's oafishness.

You can't really blame her too much though, hard to keep your balance when this top heavy:

P22girls.jpg

Which BTW, are only two of the multitude of reasons I won't be dissolving our relationship, as some who have cleverly suggested: you aren't helping. Not funny either, despite what the audience in your heads may think. I wouldn't trade places with her regarding the circumstances of this ordeal whatsoever - she's the one immobilized, in pain, I'd much rather take care of her and everything else.

Plus there's that whole love thing, which I kinda find valuable.

Like I've said, I just want to try to minimize the financial impact of this regular life stuff, that's all.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It used to be you'd buy individual health insurance and keep it your whole life. That way when you develop a condition, it's no longer "pre-existing". Now, we get our insurance through our employer. When we leave our job, we have to buy new insurance and all of our conditions are now "pre-existing".

I'd say start when you're 18 and keep the same policy your whole life, not taking the employer's policy and instead getting a cash reimbursement for the benefit if you can. Now with ObamaCare, who cares, go buy lottery tickets I guess.

sorry you guys are in this situation.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    Maybe a breast reduction could keep her from getting injured so often?

Though benched with this injury, she's changed her diet for health reasons, mainly to do with that pre-existing condition, and has lost some weight and its coming out of the bra first, of course. Eventually getting down to her weight when we met is the goal, and they'll be half that size.

She'll still be a klutz though.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If her friend owns the home , her insurance should pay. Most homeowners policies have medical coverage.

There's stupid.....

^^Exactly

If they don't have insurance, get the loudest mouthpiece of an attorney you can afford ..

TK

And there's really stupid.

Seriously, are you two flipping serious??? You have no clue as too what happened, so if it's her fault she slipped on a stair way and fell, you recommend that you sue your friend and in the process you end up losing a friendship that might never me replaced and then the rumor mill makes it's way around.

You gentlemen are the problem, not the solution.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Will those type of accounts even be allowed in the future?

For now they are so its worth looking into. If you are waiting to see what obamacare does to HSA's you will be even further in the hole. Besides what is the worst that can happen, you have to transfer it to your IRA, or cash it out and pay tax on it.

As Miller Tyme said, if you're wanting to do it...do it now (or 9 years ago if you can find a time machine). The way I understand it, high deductible health plans won't meet Obamacare regulations (MA is seeing it now with Romneycare). These articles don't make it look too promising for HSAs.

What happens to Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) now? - Medical Progress Today

Do Health Savings Accounts Have a Bullseye on their Back? - Spotlight

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I carry a $1 million umbrella policy to protect my assets due to accidents on or off my property. I don't pay that premium so that others may hit the lottery at my expense. Sorry, you're (you as in everyone) not welcome here.

December 1st: INGO Party at Hornady's place. :popcorn:

Top Bottom