• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My apologies to the OP for jacking this thread, but it irritates me to see the "sue em" mentality. I, in no way got the impression that the OP had any intentions of doing that. Sorry to hear about your luck, OP.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Simply amazing, people want to sue the friend becasue his wife is a klutz and don't know how to walk! It's no wonder our country is in the crapper.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Can't help with the current matter, but maybe you should strap her up like Hannibal Lecter and wheel her around on a dolly from now on.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    also, if my friend sued me, id counter-sue for breaking my hand on his face.

but yeah, mostly what everyone else said, specifically about the bit of waiting to see medical attention. you dont need a hospital at 10pm for a sprained ankle, i waited two days before going to a doc with a shattered hand.
    what you describe is a wide problem, people going to the hospital when its not life-threatening. part of why the medical system is so bloated. might be worth investing in some first aid classes to tend to her. while i cant recommend my handiness with a needle, i know how to doctor myself decently.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    i never tried to imply sueing . the medical coverage on your homeowners policy is there to cover these things . no deductable . or lawyers .

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    i never tried to imply sueing . the medical coverage on your homeowners policy is there to cover these things . no deductable . or lawyers .

I don't care if you want to sue or not. If you trip and hurt yourself and expect my insurance to cover you, you're not welcome on my property.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Simply amazing, people want to sue the friend becasue his wife is a klutz and don't know how to walk! It's no wonder our country is in the crapper.

So it's not Obama's (Bush's) fault after all?
    p.s. 1. the country is not in the crapper
    2. Don't sue your friends
    3. Do get the umbrella policy
    4. Buy your wife some flowers and chocolate
    5. Not you. The OP.......;)

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Go to an immediate care center (if you have one nearby). Also, its usually far cheaper to have x rays, MRIs, and CT Scans done outside of a hospital at an off-site testing facility.

Also, many chiropractors have x ray machines and usually charge quite a bit less than the hospital (many of them also hate "big pharma" and "science", so you may have to endure some pseudo-intellectual ****-chat, but you'll save a grand or so).

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    According to my insurance unless its life threatening ER is a no go even broken bones, perhaps making her wait until a normal dr visit is in order (will save you money). Now if if your an illegal alien the ER is your normal dr.

I can't believe anyone would KNOWINGLY not seek immediate medical attention for someone with a broken bone, and if your policy is so low-dollar that you can't claim an accidental broken bone trip to the ER on a Sunday night @ 10pm, maybe you should be asking around for advice on a better policy solution too.

Since I don't have x-ray vision, and my wife is crying and I witness her not being able to put any weight on the affected ankle, I'll leave it to the medical professionals. I just want to try to minimize the financial impact through having some sort of insurance coverage for WHEN she gets injured or ill.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I know the feeling! I'll take the good hour or so she has most days. She has it tough, I just do my best to help and deal with it.

I have a pile of broken laptops, phones and a wide range of stuff my wife has destroyed from her illness. I'm now an expert at fixing laptop screens.

Don't even get me started on the number of tv remotes that have just gone missing.

My wife has been fighting her illness for 12 years and I have an idea of what I have spent and know what the insurance company has spent. We hit our deductable within the first two months each year and I am thankfull for decent insurance.

Just look at it as life and roll with it. Some days suck more than others, but you have to keep a chin up. If i didn't keep my chin up, I'm not sure how my wife would handle it.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I don't care if you want to sue or not. If you trip and hurt yourself and expect my insurance to cover you, you're not welcome on my property.
    what if a person tripped because of a loose step on your porch ? you know , if it was your fault . I have insurance and don't need yours or anyone else's .

Top Bottom