picture.php

Happy Birthday to me..

Finally got my AR!!

DPMS Upper 1/9 twist 16" Barrell

UTG Extended Length Rail

Aimpoint M3 clone

4 pos. Stock

Stag Lower w/ RB Precision LPK

should have my Spikes 22lr. conversion kit at the end of the month.

Just have to add an ergo pistol grip and a nice foregrip and Im pretty much done.

Now I just need somewhere to shoot. Hopefully I will be able to get to my brother in laws this afternoon.
    :rockwoot::D:ar15::laugh:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just have to add an ergo pistol grip and a nice foregrip and Im pretty much done.

How 'bout a rear sight? You'll need one for when those clone optics go south... ;) You might also want to add a decent sling.

I'm curious why you chose an extended rail system, if all you're going to put on it is a VFG?

Anyway, enjoy the gun and let us know how it shoots!

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    give us a range report on the aimpoint clone and how it holds up and exactly what it is , I'm looking for a dot for my AR but haven't found the right one yet

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    How 'bout a rear sight? You'll need one for when those clone optics go south... ;) You might also want to add a decent sling.

I'm curious why you chose an extended rail system, if all you're going to put on it is a VFG?

Anyway, enjoy the gun and let us know how it shoots!

oh yea,bought a rear sight for it, forgot to list, but its not a flip up so I havent put it on. I got the extended rail mainly because I liked how it looked as oppossed to the shorter rail and it will give me more options if I choose to put a light laser ect.. on later. yes I definately need to get a sling also.

thanks for all the input. I will give a report on the red dot later as well.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Lets go and try it out Sunday morning. I'm in Noblesville and got a place to shoot. Drop a P/M if you want to go. Oh Yeah, congrats on the new addition to the family.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    Welcome to the club! Nice, when are you getting the next one?
    :ar15:

I think my next build will be from a VLTOR VIS Upper, dont know what lower yet, with a gas piston, and alot of higher end goodies. With my first build I really just want to get to know the ar platform and function before I spent alot of money on one.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    went to the range

Big Thanks! Ricnzak for letting me tag along to the range this morning. We shot a couple of pistol, his new shotgun and our AR's. Thanks to DPMS breakin procedure I was only able to get off a magazine. So I will give a detailed range report when I get out to shoot again. The rifle shot great, I love the AR platform, no ftf or fte's the red dot (which I will give a full report on as well) had me shooting low left and I couldnt remeber which way to turn the aperatures so I was all over the place. I didnt bring my BUIS so I have to give the range report on a later date. We had fun and hope to do it again soon.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    Sweet! Did you assemble the lower yourself?? If so, any 'tricks' or warnings you'd care to share? (And do I smell a new member of the AR15.com forum?)

yea I assembled the lower it was fun and fairly easy, I think the trickiest part was the pivot pin. I had a box cutter blade break and the spring and pin (detent??) flew accross the room and was lucky to find it. The hardest part for me ( guess I made it that way) was not to scratch the lower while assmbling the bolt catch. The video said to tape all around it, I didnt and now have a nice little nick. My tip would be to follow the video or instructions you have to the tee read or watch at least 2 or 3 times and youll do fine.

(And do I smell a new member of the AR15.com forum?)

Already a member, thats where I found my upper.:D

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Sweet! Did you assemble the lower yourself?? If so, any 'tricks' or warnings you'd care to share? (And do I smell a new member of the AR15.com forum?)

If you need help assembling a lower there are many on here that can help, as well as the occasional "build" parties... you dont say where you are from but i would be more than willing to help you out...

RedRedWine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    'preciate the offer of help!
    I've got a few stripped lowers paid for and waiting at my FFL for pick-up (as well as one complete RRA pistol lower and a Remington Model 5 that I bought by phone from Cabella's in Dundee during their Saturday morning sale... I hate wasting any of those 5 lines on the ATF transfer form).
    Once I get them in hand I need to first sit down and watch the available videos while staring at the pieces parts.
    I suspect that I won't need help other than stronger reading glasses. From what I've heard it seems to be in-line with a progression of my prior hobbies... balsa wood model airplane kits as a kid, then messing with American cars (e.g., putting nitrous on my '74 Camaro), then a handful of British cars (give me a paperclip and I'll fix any Lucas electrical issue), and now AR lowers. I'm hoping that AR builds could be something that my wife could form an inerest in helping with.
    If I run into trouble I'll be sure to post a thread. Now if I could only line-up some uppers!

Top Bottom