My house was shot while I was standing behind where it hit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'd be pi$$es off if someone shot at my house threatening my family. If it hurts someone it doesn't matter if it is random or not. I'm glad everyone is okay.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This does fall under the castle doctrine as an attack upon ones dwelling.
    There's more, but:

IC 35-41-3-2
    Use of force to protect person or property
    Sec. 2. (a) A person is justified in using reasonable force against another person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person:
    (1) is justified in using deadly force; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony. No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.
    (b) A person:
    (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against another person; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Every time I've driven through North Liberty at night the police station has appeared to be closed.

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    I didn't even know North Liberty had a police station. I just assumed it was all St. Joe County Sherrif's.

I grew up in granger. My mom moved into my step dad's place when I went off to college. Not too familiar with the area.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So, why did they shoot into your house? I can't believe they would be going free... what excuse could they possibly give that would excuse shooting at a house and not get charged with assault if not attempted murder?

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Wonder if they could get assault with a deadly weapon since you were standing in the window at the time.

Most likely the prosecuting attorney won't even think of that charge unless Ruiner had some evidence that he was standing in front of the window at the time the shots occured. Lack of proof and all that. It's pretty sick that 16 and 17 year olds run around doing crap like this, knowing that "they are just minors" and will get a slap on the wrist. **Oh, probation and restitution, your honor? That will be fine.**

Top Bottom