• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    That might be interesting to watch once to see what it's all about. The one I would really like to see is something along the lines of a show pertaining to mountain men survival/trapping/hunting. I think that would be a cool show!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    That might be interesting to watch once to see what it's all about. The one I would really like to see is something along the lines of a show pertaining to mountain men survival/trapping/hunting. I think that would be a cool show!

then the conservation officers come into the shot and say "papers please" and ruin the show. :):

its sad because i dont know if there truly is anywhere left in america that you could go and actually live off the land continuously without being arrested for not having permits or a license..

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    then the conservation officers come into the shot and say "papers please" and ruin the show. :):

its sad because i dont know if there truly is anywhere left in america that you could go and actually live off the land continuously without being arrested for not having permits or a license..

Ohhh come on. Don't be a wet blanket!:D

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Just imagine the looks the guy would get when he went to town once a year for supplies. It definitely wouldn't be PC but I still think they they ought to show skinning, hide tanning, etc on the show instead of cutting away from the interesting parts.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

A few years ago there was a show that followed people who were dropped in the middle of Alaska and were forced to live off the land. It was interesting but irritating at the same time. These people were, for the most part, starving when they came across a beaver dam. The voice over starts spewing some crap about Alaska law and trapping beaver. I'm thinking that if I'm starving and I have a gun (which they did), and I see a beaver swimming lazily on the surface (which there was), Alaska laws be damned, I'm cooking some beaver!

Sane thing happened with bear. They flew in a guide (per Alaska law), saw quite a few bear well within rifle range, but they couldn't shoot because they weren't close enough. So, the guide went home and they went hungry.

Now, I don't know about any of you, but if I haven't eaten for days and I see the last of an endangered species, it has just joined the extinct list cause I'm eating!

So much for reality.

Top Bottom