• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Has anyone ridden any of the routes around Harrison, Arkansas down in the Ozarks?

www.MotorcycleArkansas.com
    www.ExploreHarrison.com
    www.Facebook.com/RidetheOzarks

The tourist/chamber of commerce groups down there are pushing that area for riding. Based out of Harrison they laid out maps that have day trips around rural Arkansas, some go up into Missouri. But all the routes start/end in Harrison. Each route they show has # of curves, # miles, and rough amount of time it takes to complete the route. They also list some tourist attractions, lunch stops, etc that are alone each of the various routes.

NONE of the routes are like the DRAGON which is just a wild series of curves on one stretch of road. But the "Riding Guide of the Ozarks" that they mail out seems to imply the connection to the Dragon simply because it lists the number of turns on each of the routes. The guide lists 8 different routes, each is roughly a 1/2 day do 2/3rds of a day ride, leaving time to get some food and visit some scenic views along the way. Mostly it looks like nice rural routes on 2 lane state and county roads through little touristy towns that are scattered through the Ozarks.

Anyone?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    You are topping at about 80hp, correct? In stock form. I cruised around with 208hp, in stock form, so I'm doubtful a HD will change my mind.
    Of course, I would accept an opportunity to be proven wrong.

So you want to compare a most likely 200 hp Super-bike to a production Harley Davidson???? Fast is relative to what you are driving, If I wanted to race the Isle of Man I would own different motorcycles.

Its like me saying put your super-bike on a mile dirt track and you can race my brother on one of our vintage XR750's.....

The last 10 plus years of Harleys new engines are everything a Knuckle, Pan and Shovel are not.

Post some pics of this 200 hp beast....

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    The comparison is about being fast. HD is not fast, in any platform. They aren't intended to compete, and that was my point.
    I didn't have a super bike, my last bike was just a stock ZX14r, upgraded from a GSXR 1000. It wasn't purchased to compete, or run the Isle. It was just a toy to cruise around on during nice summer days, and the choice was made because it fit me well. Being 6' 6" limits options for comfort, and not looking like a monkey having it's way with a football.
    But... it was Freakin' Fast. So someone stating that a HD is fast, it may be, for a HD, but it isn't fast as to what most people consider fast.
    I don't have any pics on this computer. The bike has been gone for a few years.

Nice bike.

Thank you, but still a 200+ hp motorcycle that will do 180+ mph in the form of a ZX14R is certainly a Superbike. If Willie wanted to play on that playground he would build a 200hp V twin rocket and put it in production.
    Lets not forget that Harley builts motorcycles that weigh 300lbs and on a mile dirt track hit 140mph. Thats ****ing fast...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    l8u6zZ1_d.jpg

oKb77IN_d.jpg

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Looking at the "Denali Sound Bomb MINI"!

I put one on my GS and my RT. They are adequate and perform well for the cash. They aren't obnoxiously loud but will wake up car driver with their radio on, windows up and face in a smartphone who is drifting into your lane. They are unfortunately not loud enough at freeway speeds to project forward to the driver who doesn't comprehend "Keep Right Except To Pass."

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    He'll have some time to think about his mistake. Road rash on the face has to be pretty bad. :(

He was taken to a hospital with road rash to his face, arms and legs, and a fracture to his right leg.

Top Bottom