• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would like to jailbreak a 50cc scooter. Get rid of limiter and add nitrous. That would be fun to crash on them tiny tires.

I not saying I did this, or that there is one sitting in my garage, but if a 150cc scooter has decals that say 150 you might be able to peel off the '1' and turn it into a "50" pretty easily and cheaply. Like I said, not admitting to anything, and I might have lost it in a boating accident . . .

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I not saying I did this, or that there is one sitting in my garage, but if a 150cc scooter has decals that say 150 you might be able to peel off the '1' and turn it into a "50" pretty easily and cheaply. Like I said, not admitting to anything, and I might have lost it in a boating accident . . .

:yesway:

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    My cousin bought a KZ 900 about 1979?
    I asked him how fast it would go.
    He handed me his helmet and told me
    ”Faster than you want to go”
    I took it out for a ride and had it going so fast I felt like the wind was going to blow me off the bike.
    I brought it back and after getting the bugs out of my teeth exclaimed
    “Yes it does!”

Got on the back of a KZ900 once with someone I thought could be trusted about that same time frame. He said we went 130 which I never doubted cause last I looked it read in excess of 115.

Watched a woman lay a fat tyre Harley variant down Sunday cause she got on the throttle a bit too much from a standing stoplight start. Smoked it, fishtailed left, right, and then left again, before dumping it in the roadway and tossing her over the now bent handlebars. She only suffered damaged pride, the bike didn't fair so well...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Since they now require plates on 50's, there's no longer an incentive to do that.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I have a 17.5 year old child who is looking to take a rider's course, probably MSF's down in Edinburgh or Columbus. Any comments about the various programs? Is there a difference between the $100 courses and the $300?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have a 17.5 year old child who is looking to take a rider's course, probably MSF's down in Edinburgh or Columbus. Any comments about the various programs? Is there a difference between the $100 courses and the $300?

I would go with ABATE
    ABATE of Indiana is pleased to announce that a contract has been signed with the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) to participate in the Ride Safe Indiana Program. The BMV will recognize the Basic Rider Skills (BRS) course offered by ABATE, allowing students to obtain a motorcycle endorsement on their license. This curriculum has been reviewed by the National Association of State Motorcycle Safety Administrators (SMSA) and found to meet the Model National Standards for Entry-Level Motorcycle Rider Training as developed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

https://registration.abateonline.org/education/motorcycle-rider-course/

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I would go with ABATE
    ABATE of Indiana is pleased to announce that a contract has been signed with the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) to participate in the Ride Safe Indiana Program. The BMV will recognize the Basic Rider Skills (BRS) course offered by ABATE, allowing students to obtain a motorcycle endorsement on their license. This curriculum has been reviewed by the National Association of State Motorcycle Safety Administrators (SMSA) and found to meet the Model National Standards for Entry-Level Motorcycle Rider Training as developed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

:+1:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I would go with ABATE

Ditto on the ABATE classes. They are good.

Don

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The bad thing about the ABATE classes is they often fill up really fast. I think that is also true with some of the private classes too.

When I got back into motorcycles I tried to take an ABATE class but they were pretty much booked for the summer. My wife and I were able to get 2 slots in a class at the local H-D dealership. It should be noted that many/most of the private classes also are in partnership with the BMV & the RIDE SAFE INDIANA Program, etc. So if you pass the course you don't have to take the rider test at the BMV and you still qualify for insurance discounts.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    If you don't take a class you have to do a written test at the BMV for a permit and end up going to an ABATE or one of the other providers to take the skill test anyway, they don't do that part at the BMV.

That's how I did it and the lady at the BMV had to call someone over to help her because she had never put it in from a signed off permit because most people do the class I guess.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Was giving my brother some 360 stuff (games and controllers) so I figured why not ride to Charleston, Il. Nice ride but 40 is bumpy. My dads bike was bought new with zero miles on it ten months ago and if I didn’t put it on, my dad will put the 9k mile on it this weekend.

Top Bottom