Love it! :rockwoot:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My wife practically demanded I buy it so that she can remove the stigma of having a husband that rides a scooter. I'm really starting to enjoy it - especially when people run over to see it when I park!

It took me a while to get used to having to use my feet when riding - I got really accustomed to twist 'n go. I don't have anything to compare it against, but it seems a little jumpy when coming from closed throttle. Other than that, it's smooth and handles well with enough power. Still breaking it in, so I haven't crossed 4000 RPM to see what it can really do.

At some point, I'll get some canvas saddlebags because there's no storage (except for the included tool kit), not even a helmet hook.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't posted this: Jay Leno rides one.
    [video=youtube;qgVxOZvDj6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgVxOZvDj6I[/video]

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    My wife practically demanded I buy it so that she can remove the stigma of having a husband that rides a scooter. I'm really starting to enjoy it - especially when people run over to see it when I park!

It took me a while to get used to having to use my feet when riding - I got really accustomed to twist 'n go. I don't have anything to compare it against, but it seems a little jumpy when coming from closed throttle. Other than that, it's smooth and handles well with enough power. Still breaking it in, so I haven't crossed 4000 RPM to see what it can really do.

At some point, I'll get some canvas saddlebags because there's no storage (except for the included tool kit), not even a helmet hook.

You'll learn to control the jumpy throttle with more seat time I think. The bike is fuel injected and has a more direct drive than a scooter so throttle response is more instantaneous. You may try leaving it in a higher gear to work around it also. Also being smooth is the key to motorcycling, smooth on the throttle and smooth closing the throttle. Braking is the same, a smooth application of the brakes is the best method. Smooth on and smooth off. Just don't confuse smooth with slow. :cool: One more thing, buy a good quality spoke wrench and learn service your wheels. Spoke wheels ride great but can't be neglected. :ingo:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The wife will have to be very careful getting on the back of that bike. The leg burners look like they really stick out.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is one of our INGO members, active in this thread and the NWI thread. He lives in Gary. I've traded a bunch of messages with him, a nice guy.

Member: tv1217

He is alive. He posted in the NWI thread that he doesn't really remember the accident.

https://regionnewssource.org/motorcycle-driver-airlifted-in-griffith/

Ouch. Please keep us updated. (I don't monitor the NWI thread, so TY)

Maybe it's time we start addressing unguarded left turns.

EDIT: Just realized he's OK(ish) and posting.

Yeah I ride a Honda Shadow Spirit...
    Welp, that post should now be in past tense.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well dammit. He just got his license this year too.

Please keep us updated on his condition. Hopefully the gent will himself.

Eyes open riders! We gotta know where we will go when they try to kill us.

:ingo:

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    In the hospital still. They had to amputate my left index finger tip at the last joint and put some plates on my left ulna and radius. Also got a small bit of road rash on my belly. Some small tears on my kidneys and spleen, small cracks on some vertebrae, according to docs that should all take care on its own.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In the hospital still. They had to amputate my left index finger tip at the last joint and put some plates on my left ulna and radius. Also got a small bit of road rash on my belly. Some small tears on my kidneys and spleen, small cracks on some vertebrae, according to docs that should all take care on its own.

Could have been so much worse. Heal quickly.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Was wearing Bell Vortex Helmet, Armored First Mfg Turbine Jacket, Armored Street and Steel Oakland jeans, Dianese Blackjack Gloves, and Merrell MOAB boots.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Was wearing Bell Vortex Helmet, Armored First Mfg Turbine Jacket, Armored Street and Steel Oakland jeans, Dianese Blackjack Gloves, and Merrell MOAB boots.

Good luck on your recovery. :rockwoot:Sounds like your gear saved you a lot of pain. Get us pics of the gear as soon as you're up to it.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Good luck on your recovery. :rockwoot:Sounds like your gear saved you a lot of pain. Get us pics of the gear as soon as you're up to it.

And my decision to ride full gear no matter what was just solidified.

As an All The Gear, All The Time guy I am willing to admit that sometimes its uncomfortable to ride in hot humid weather or in stop & go traffic.

I have 3 jackets, ranging from full mesh, to leather w/closeable mesh, to full textile. 3 pairs of pants, again from mesh to heavy textile. 2 pairs of motorcycle gloves, 1 mesh, 1 insulated & waterproof. Even my riding boots and shoes are armored. All my gear is equipped with CE Level 1 or 2 armor. In most cases I upgraded the armor to CE Level 2, but some things have a mix of Level 1 and Level 2 armor due to fitment issues. Gloves have reinforced palm sliders and knuckle armor.

3 sets of armored riding gear is expensive, but the deductible from 1 accident will pretty much cover the cost of a couple top line jackets and a pair of top quality riding pants.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    All my gear is in the closet in my hospital room I'll take pics when I feel up to it. Had the nurse try to find my ID in there the other day and it sounds like EMS cut it up pretty good. I was expecting to have to replace the helmet and pants but I use hoped the leather made it. Oh well.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All my gear is in the closet in my hospital room I'll take pics when I feel up to it. Had the nurse try to find my ID in there the other day and it sounds like EMS cut it up pretty good. I was expecting to have to replace the helmet and pants but I use hoped the leather made it. Oh well.

I would demand that her insurance cover it - which sounds like it'd be pittance compared to the hospital bill.

Which makes me think it'd be a good idea to have a folder with the receipts for all the gear.

Top Bottom