• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    The judge ordered them held pending charges in Nevada. When their lawyer protested that they had been acquitted and should leave the courtroom as free men a gang of US Marshals attacked and tasered him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The judge ordered them held pending charges in Nevada. When their lawyer protested that they had been acquitted and should leave the courtroom as free men a gang of US Marshals attacked and tasered him.

That's not quite all that happened. What I've been able to piece together from several reports, Marcus Mumford, the attorney, and the judge had a pretty heated argument. He thought the Bundys should go free since they were acquitted, but the Judge said there were federal holds for both Bundys for the standoffs in Nevada. Then at some point in the argument 6 Marshals came in and tackled Mumford, yelling at him to stop resisting. The court was cleared, and there were reports that he was tased and eventually led out in cuffs. It's unclear if Mumford was charged with anything.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Jury nullification is alive and well. There are limits to what people will tolerate from the federal government.

Unfortunately, Robert Finicum is still dead.

Jury finds all Oregon standoff defendants not guilty of federal conspiracy, gun charges

Jury finds all Oregon standoff defendants not guilty of federal conspiracy, gun charges | OregonLive.com

Had Finicum complied with Oregon State Police instead of being an a$$hat he would be alive to be acquitted then he could try to get more foster kids for cheap labor for his ranch!

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Had Finicum complied with Oregon State Police instead of being an a$$hat he would be alive to be acquitted then he could try to get more foster kids for cheap labor for his ranch!

He disobeyed orders to surrender and assumed the risk.

As for the rest of our comment, you're entitled to your opinion.

But it's a fact the FBI lied about the circumstances of Finicum's death. They did open fire on his vehicle first, despite claims to the contrary. The people in the truck with him say he got out and ran away from the truck so the LEOs on scene wouldn't shoot at it, and them. I've watched the video many times and it's far from conclusive evidence. I don't know if his shooting was justified under the circumstances or not.

Obviously, YMMV.

Particularly if your mind is already made up about who was right and who was wrong.

I still think it's a very sad thing that a man died who apparently would have been acquitted in court.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He disobeyed orders to surrender and assumed the risk.

As for the rest of our comment, you're entitled to your opinion.

But it's a fact the FBI lied about the circumstances of Finicum's death. They did open fire on his vehicle first, despite claims to the contrary. The people in the truck with him say he got out and ran away from the truck so the LEOs on scene wouldn't shoot at it, and them. I've watched the video many times and it's far from conclusive evidence. I don't know if his shooting was justified under the circumstances or not.

Obviously, YMMV.

Particularly if your mind is already made up about who was right and who was wrong.

I still think it's a very sad thing that a man died who apparently would have been acquitted in court.

Whike everyone can have their opinion o. Use of force etc as a 30 plus year vet of some sort of LE his Shooting was 100% justified and here is why,

All of the other (taking over of compound, using foster kids etc) was yesterday's news except one item, when he was giving orders by OSP and failed to remove his hands. Mr Finicum and he alone decided on that Use of Force. This was by his own actions as well as several threats on what he was going to do.

As far as the other baggage of foster kid abuse, taking over the compound etc while yes that alone was not why he was killed and had no bearings on it he sure was no upstanding citizen.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hopefully they don't all die while attempting to escape.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Whike everyone can have their opinion o. Use of force etc as a 30 plus year vet of some sort of LE his Shooting was 100% justified and here is why,

All of the other (taking over of compound, using foster kids etc) was yesterday's news except one item, when he was giving orders by OSP and failed to remove his hands. Mr Finicum and he alone decided on that Use of Force. This was by his own actions as well as several threats on what he was going to do.

As far as the other baggage of foster kid abuse, taking over the compound etc while yes that alone was not why he was killed and had no bearings on it he sure was no upstanding citizen.

I watched the videos a half dozen times. I'm sure the shooting of Fincum fell within guidelines of what they could explain and justify.
    Sure, after a chase and filling the vehicle with lead he got out and started to run.
    I thought of it as "shooting at a burgler AFTER he was out of your home" but I'm sure the Professionals have their own way of seeing things.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Now with the not guilty verdict I think it changes the way in which the attempted arrest of finicum should be viewed. He did no more or less than anyone else that was deemed not guilty (prior to the questionable arrest). However some of the individuals who attempted arrest had already decided that day that they wanted a fight. If you go into it wanting a fight then that's what you will find i.e. I watched the video dozens of times and bullets fly pretty early. Being a "justified" shoot doesn't make it the right thing to do IMHO.

Last edited:

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake

Please tell me you're not in law enforcement.

Please tell me you're not in law enforcement, or even private security. At least, not anymore.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Lost in all the conversation is the fact that their lawyer got arrested and Tased. I had to re-read that part of the news article I read to make sure I was seeing it right.

Am I the only one who thinks that's a bridge too far? You'd think the rest of the team would be outraged but I didn't see any comments as to such.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yelling at a judge, even when the judge is wrong (maybe especially when a judge is wrong), is a bad idea. Not much sympathy for him.

Top Bottom