• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Sunday I ordered an 11.5" Daniel Defense barrel from Midway. It arrived today, two days ahead of schedule with standard shipping. The barrel was wrapped in spongy stretch foam they put on produce then sealed in an industrial plastic bag and put in a tube with both ends sealed. The air bags that filled the box to the brim.

I've ordered magazines from them in the past, but I appreciate their attention to detail and expediency.

It was also nice to take advantage of the $45 "Pick Your Deal" that's always in the emails. $289 became $260 shipped.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, they sometimes make me wonder if they had it ready and on the UPS truck before I ordered from them.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I support Midway a bunch and they are usually my go to for general firearms parts. I actually ran into him (Larry) at the NRA convention a couple years back, very friendly and humble guy, and that meeting led me to be even more of a supporter of that company.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Done a ton of business with Midway - no complaints. Also met Larry last week at the NRA convention. Just another guy is what I get from him - humble - friendly. When we bumped into him later in the day he remembered my name. Impressive.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Yup! I have heard people complain about the UPS "Sure post", but it's always been quick for me! In fact, last order I had, never got transferred to USPS, because I had other stuff coming from UPS that day, so they just put it on the truck, and I got it a day early!

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Yup! I have heard people complain about the UPS "Sure post", but it's always been quick for me! In fact, last order I had, never got transferred to USPS, because I had other stuff coming from UPS that day, so they just put it on the truck, and I got it a day early!
    Same here. The last time I ordered from Midway the package didn't get transferred to USPS and I got it 2 days earlier than scheduled. Never had a complaint about Midway.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I like Midway, but their shipping prices are ridiculous. $18 to ship me something that weighs 6 oz and can fit into a manilla envelope? I can see where the profit comes from.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They do ship fast. They're among the best on-line folks I deal with in that regard.

My only irritation with them came this past month when they did their annual birthday discount. Maybe I got lucky last year but I could swear almost anything I thought about ordering last year was discounted. This year? Not so much. I don't think anything I ordered or even shopped for, was "birthday" discounted. One item was already on sale. I sent an email into their customer service and got an explanation about some items were already priced as low as they could go, blah, blah, blah...

I still like them and will continue to shop 'em but this last thing has soured me just a bit.

aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I like Midway, but their shipping prices are ridiculous. $18 to ship me something that weighs 6 oz and can fit into a manilla envelope? I can see where the profit comes from.

Yeah I saw a 325rd brick of 22LR in stock, the item was under $16, but the shipping was $17, including a $3 special processing fee. Sites like CTD rob you upfront, Midway and Natchez wait until I get my address info in, hoping I don't back out.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I have had a little trouble in the past when a package was sent via SurePost but I just happened to receive a package from them today that came SurePost and it was much faster this time. It only spent one day with USPS instead of three so things are looking better. It came to about $5 cheaper sending it SurePost which since I wasn't in that big of a hurry this time it was worth it.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Midway is great but you have to 'fill up' that $19 shipping fee. How about some pics of your new toy?

There's no $19 starting fee. Make sure you're looking at the options when you ship. I actually feel that they've introduced more inexpensive shipping options than they used to have.

My only gripe with Midway is that they got rid of the dealer discounts (used to get those with my C&R) and their prices have gone up quite a bit. Seems like they're pretty much MSRP on most things I'm looking at. I'd order more from Brownell's (they still have dealer pricing), but they charge me sales tax.

ETA: Just for kicks, I added one Ruger 10/22 25 round mag to my cart. Shipping with Mail Innovations was $5.12. Hardly excessive. I tried just a 1911 recoil spring. $4.30. The only time you're going to have higher minimums is if you add in a liquid or aerosol that can't ship USPS. Then it will default to UPS Ground, which starts around $15.

Megatron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    Elkhart County
    I ordered an OTIS cleaning kit and some magazines from them about a month ago. Ordered Friday and it was in my hometown Monday, but I didn't get it until Thursday because of transferring to USPS. That was the only issue I had with them (and not really sure it was on them that it happened like that?). I definitely plan on ordering from them again, but I'm wondering if there's anyway to get around the transferring part??

aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    There's no $19 starting fee. Make sure you're looking at the options when you ship. I actually feel that they've introduced more inexpensive shipping options than they used to have.

There was only one option yesterday. I either pay nearly $18 for a $16 box or ammo, or I didn't get it shipped. Last year they charged me $15 to ship a $37 box, that itself was ridiculous, but I couldn't find 22LR for months. They knew customers were desperate, and waited until the confirmation page to incur an additional $3 "special processing" fee.

So of course I canceled it. They're on my permanent no buy list like CTD.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    There was only one option yesterday. I either pay nearly $18 for a $16 box or ammo, or I didn't get it shipped. Last year they charged me $15 to ship a $37 box, that itself was ridiculous, but I couldn't find 22LR for months. They knew customers were desperate, and waited until the confirmation page to incur an additional $3 "special processing" fee.

So of course I canceled it. They're on my permanent no buy list like CTD.

Ammo can't go USPS, so that limits the options. Their UPS charges are high. Shipping one box probably shouldn't cost more than $7-10.

FYI, Brownells wants $15.95 to ship one box of 45ACP and Aim Surplus wants $12.50. No one is cheap sending you one box of ammo.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom