• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

While I would absolutely love to see a simplified and expedited path to citizenship legally this does not mean I support illegal immigration. I do not.

If you want a simple tool to get rid of a LOT of it, not all but a high percentage, it will take government to attack the problem.

Here would be my solution to addressing the illegal side of the problem.

#1) Vastly simplify and streamline the legal immigration process! No more waiting 10 years (or more) for some. A year at most.
    #2) Create an internet software tool that can verify the citizenship status/legal visa status of any potential employee OR subcontractor.
    #3) Force businesses of ALL sizes to verify citizenship of each employee or subcontractor.
    #4) Slap the holy bejezzus out of any company found to have either failed to utilize the tool OR that has an illegal immigrant employee/subcontrator.
    #5) Ignore the illegal entirely. Go after the employers of illegals.

There are several problems with this solution, but I believe it would attack the overwhelming majority of the illegal immigrant problem.

Problems:

#1) It creates yet another growth of government - which I do NOT like.
    #2) It would create an additional burden on businesses - which I do NOT like.
    #3) It would be extremely hard to implement and track, especially during the roll out period.
    #4) It would require a "challenge/review" process for when the software gets it wrong.
    #5) It would create more problems than I can think of right now.

However, it would address the core reason for illegal immigration! It would dry up the largest motivating reason for people to illegally cross the border.

It would also create a moral problem for many Americans, especially where children are concerned. Because you could wind up with people starving in the streets unable to work and unable to get home. What would we do? Whether we like it or not there are millions of Americans who would push for a government handout program to now "carry" the illegals who cannot find work and cannot support themselves or their children, AND they would get something out of their progressive politicians!

I also don't know how you would handle the idea of subcontractors, I just know it must be dealt with! I have heard of many illegals getting work in the construction industry that would necessitate the need for getting around large construction contractors exploiting illegals as "subcontractors." I admit I am too ignorant of this industry to address it in a balanced way. I just know it would need to be done somehow.

After all of this, if done, I would address two (2) other areas as we would have large numbers of unemployed illegals on the streets with starving children.

#1) Pay for them to get a bus ticket to their home country. I don't like it, but I a pragmatic and it is the lesser of two (2) evils.
    #2) Create a modified and more painful, yet doable, process for them to become legal citizens. I don't like it, but again lesser of two (2) evils.

By channeling illegal immigrants into legal citizenship this addresses the issue of them being a burden on the system without putting into it. It will give them the ability to find decent work and pay taxes that will offset the damage done by illegals who do not pay but receive services. It will also remove from them the fear of deportation by unscrupulous employers who take advantage of their fear and abuse them with impunity.

The reality is there are so many illegals here they cannot be dealt with by the system. It won't work. So my solution is to motivate them to action by removing their motivation for being here - a job. As I see it you will NEVER stop the problem with illegal immigration WITHOUT attacking what draws them here.

If I got everything I wanted we would still have problems, no doubt about it! However, I do believe those problems would be more focused and less of a burden to deal with directly. In other words - manageable.

Regards,

Doug

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    To All,

While I would absolutely love to see a simplified and expedited path to citizenship legally this does not mean I support illegal immigration. I do not.

If you want a simple tool to get rid of a LOT of it, not all but a high percentage, it will take government to attack the problem.

Here would be my solution to addressing the illegal side of the problem.

#1) Vastly simplify and streamline the legal immigration process! No more waiting 10 years (or more) for some. A year at most.
    #2) Create an internet software tool that can verify the citizenship status/legal visa status of any potential employee OR subcontractor.
    #3) Force businesses of ALL sizes to verify citizenship of each employee or subcontractor.
    #4) Slap the holy bejezzus out of any company found to have either failed to utilize the tool OR that has an illegal immigrant employee/subcontrator.
    #5) Ignore the illegal entirely. Go after the employers of illegals.

There are several problems with this solution, but I believe it would attack the overwhelming majority of the illegal immigrant problem.

Problems:

#1) It creates yet another growth of government - which I do NOT like.
    #2) It would create an additional burden on businesses - which I do NOT like.
    #3) It would be extremely hard to implement and track, especially during the roll out period.
    #4) It would require a "challenge/review" process for when the software gets it wrong.
    #5) It would create more problems than I can think of right now.

However, it would address the core reason for illegal immigration! It would dry up the largest motivating reason for people to illegally cross the border.

Assuming they are coming for jobs (which is no longer a safe assumption IMO), the single best way to eliminate the desire to cross is to eliminate minimum wage. All of the benefits with none of the government expansion.

Having said that, I believe that the welfare state and the amount of free **** being given to them is becoming a larger draw than the idea of being able to work to put food on the table. And in the case of the unprecedented influx of super-south (south of Mexico) illegals, most of whom are children, it's clear that other factors motivating the crossing are in play. These require a different set of solutions. Unfortunately, none of them will ever be considered by Congress until the American people get so fed up with the consequences of it that they vote in a different kind of representative.

Top Bottom