• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Gotta love the feeding frenzy of the INGO Besieged sheep that factual non-wingnut statements incite... this is why wingnuts will never prevail.

Why are you here? All you ever do is insult the membership. You obviously don't like any of us, and probably don't even own any firearms.

So why are you here?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Difference of opinion is important. We need people on here with different points of view. What we don't need are folks that do nothing more than drive by cheap shots.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Just a few more thoughts on the issue.

As I understand it most of us are descended from immigrants who came to the United States after the civil war, to the tune of about 80%, give or take. Most of us are not descended from the Founding Fathers era or before.

So when our ancestors came here most arrived between about 1870 and 1920, again give or take a few years. When they came here the rules were very simple depending on the exact year. They went mostly like this:

#1) Do you have any diseases, insanity or mental retardation? No, OK so far.
    #2) Are you a prostitute or felon (or later, polygamist)? No, OK again.
    #3) Are you Chinese (after 1882)? No, OK.
    #4) Are you a beggar? No, Wonderful.

Congratulations, take the oath and welcome to America!

Our nation was built on immigration, cultural diversity and yes, some cultural conflict.

But wait, some say! The times are different now! These people are different. Times have changed, society has morphed into something that takes from the working man and gives to the bum.

On the people are different issue I beg to disagree. Most immigrants of any race, creed, colour, or nationality do NOT want to leave where they are! They are leaving behind family, culture, language, religion and climate. MOST leave only because they find themselves in a situation that is intolerable and seek a better life elsewhere.

On an anecdotal story I used to drive a group of Latina women to a support group once a week. I honestly do not know their immigration status. One of the ladies was a seamstress and on one trip she started handing out business cards for her work to myself and the other ladies. Her face just beamed handing out those cards! She was so very proud of being a business owner and having something as simple as a card to hand out, you could tell it gave her a great sense of pride. She wasn't stealing a job, she was MAKING one! Her husband worked in a local factory here in Fort Wayne. Later, her 16 year old daughter got a job at a nearby McDonalds part time. This wasn't exactly a family mooching off of the system. In fact, almost all of the women I hauled left home alone as their husbands were out working a job. There was only one (1) woman who you could say was "living on the dole." Her ex husband was violent and she left him with three (3) kids. She stayed in a womens shelter for awhile.

Most immigrants from my experience aren't coming here to mooch. They are coming here as our ancestors did, to find a better place, a safer place, to raise their families and build a life. (Caveat - this is my experience only.)

Now to the "mooching/sucking the system dry" issue.

The immigrants, legal or illegal, did not make the welfare state - WE DID! The only difference between an immigrant today and one a hundred years ago is that WE have built a welfare system that sucks money from working people to some people in honest need along with some parasites.

The only real argument against the immigrant today is not the act of immigration but rather the appearance of theft of the welfare state. Guess what? We don't need to attack immigration for that, we need to attack the WELFARE State. We should return to a time when assisting the poor/indigent/needy was one of choice and not one of force.

Here is a short video on the moral weakness of the welfare state by Dinesh D'souza: http://ibloga.blogspot.com/2013/11/give-me-your-****ing-sandwich-dinesh.html

In it he gives a good analogy of the same final result with radically different moral implications.

In my opinion immigration is fine and we need to dismantle the welfare state. Then the immigrants will be on the same playing field as the old home team, until they have been here long enough to be co-opted into the "home team."

Regards,

Doug

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's see...

I would say that Doug is correct in addressing one side of the coin. There are good immigrants from whom plenty of our people could learn a few things. Also true is that we have had a flood of some of the most vicious criminals in our history rolling over the border as well. As I see it, we have a catch-22 situation in which legal immigration is artificially restricted from the needs we would otherwise have by virtue of the illegals so those who would be willing to follow our laws and make good citizens are punished while those who need rope burns around their necks are rewarded for flagrantly violating the law.

Also true is that the welfare state needs to go away. It may sound harsh, but in generations past those who refused to be productive would, well, self-liquidate as a consequence of their own choice. We need more of that rather than subsidizing people who are dead weight and largely doing so on their terms, which is the complete inverse of traditional charity in which beggars were not choosers, much less demanders of their preferences, nor did they profess a right to live on our dime as they saw fit.

The bottom line is that so long as we cave into lawlessness, be it immigration or thuggery, we will have more of it.

As for the question raised upthread about those who argue that there are no such things as illegal guns believing in such things as illegal aliens, please, Mr. Leftist, show me where in the Constitution it says that the right of any swinging d*ck on the planet to be within our borders, to our advantage or our detriment, shall not be infringed.

While Doug is correct in his appreciation of the history of immigration, he has slid by without addressing the fact that this happened at the time when our nation was experiencing a severe labor shortage and this policy was conducive to addressing the needs of the nation rather than having a parasitic effect on it. We don't reward any other segment of the population (perhaps other than politicians) for breaking the law by giving them preference over those who follow the law, so why have we made an SOP out of doing this with immigration?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not against legal imigration. I don't favor illegal imigration. If the imigration laws for becoming a US citizen are too lax, we can fix that. But our nation has a duty to current citizens to ensure that new citizens can take care of themselves without further burdening society. But for too long both parties have ignored the problem of illegal immigration, but for different reasons. Republicans just see cheep, tax free labor. Democrats see future generations of new democrats. So now the problem is out of control. And the actions the president has taken were predictable, that they'd cause the very kind of crisis we're seeing now. So, is he just incompetent or was this the intended result?

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I'm not against legal imigration. I don't favor illegal imigration. If the imigration laws for becoming a US citizen are too lax, we can fix that. But our nation has a duty to current citizens to ensure that new citizens can take care of themselves without further burdening society. But for too long both parties have ignored the problem of illegal immigration, but for different reasons. Republicans just see cheep, tax free labor. Democrats see future generations of new democrats. So now the problem is out of control. And the actions the president has taken were predictable, that they'd cause the very kind of crisis we're seeing now. So, is he just incompetent or was this the intended result?

Amen and they used to be required to be able to take care of themselves. In the early immigration ( irish, Italian and s forth) people often forget that many could not hack it and left.

Also there is a big difference between immigration and ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    My family are immigrants. They came here legally, one side in the 1880s and the other in the 1930s.

My in-laws immigrated in the late 1960s to flee communism. My father-in-law came here with nothing, borrowing from dorm mates to have something to eat until one of his three jobs gave him a paycheck to pay them back. While going to classes. He walked into an Army recruiting office and offered to volunteer to go to Vietnam, if they would give him American citizenship in return. He was told that they would happily send him to Vietnam, but that would not get him his citizenship.

Legal and illegal immigration are two separate issues. My father-in-law offered to go fight a war for us in return for citizenship, was denied, and had to work many years for it. You'll have to pardon me if I don't have an awful lot of sympathy for people who want to come here against the rules and reap the benefits just for getting here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My family are immigrants. They came here legally, one side in the 1880s and the other in the 1930s.

My in-laws immigrated in the late 1960s to flee communism. My father-in-law came here with nothing, borrowing from dorm mates to have something to eat until one of his three jobs gave him a paycheck to pay them back. While going to classes. He walked into an Army recruiting office and offered to volunteer to go to Vietnam, if they would give him American citizenship in return. He was told that they would happily send him to Vietnam, but that would not get him his citizenship.

Legal and illegal immigration are two separate issues. My father-in-law offered to go fight a war for us in return for citizenship, was denied, and had to work many years for it. You'll have to pardon me if I don't have an awful lot of sympathy for people who want to come here against the rules and reap the benefits just for getting here.

This is commendable, and from the sound of it I would feel comfortable to speculate that all these people came here to be Americans--to be grafted into the Republic, and not to be colonists whose loyalties are still to whatever sh*thole they came from as is the prevalent standard today.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    This is commendable, and from the sound of it I would feel comfortable to speculate that all these people came here to be Americans--to be grafted into the Republic, and not to be colonists whose loyalties are still to whatever sh*thole they came from as is the prevalent standard today.

I agree with that sentiment as well.

Sadly most south American and muslim immigrants seem to want to turn the country into what they come from. hate to generalize, but that is what I had seen.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree with that sentiment as well.

Sadly most south American and muslim immigrants seem to want to turn the country into what they come from. hate to generalize, but that is what I had seen.

Kind of like what Californians are doing to states like Colorado as they flee that sinking ship, huh? :):

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What latinos have done to the near west side is another .

Don't bother driving down west Washington unless you speak spanish , you won't be able to read the signs .

BTW , Libertarian01 / Doug , infiltration isn't the same thing as assimilation .

Exactly, just as immigrants and colonists are two entirely different types of people.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I've written to Rep. Walorski, and Sens. Coats and Donnelly. The form letters come back that say yes, it's a problem and as the "debate continues" they will keep my views in mind. I reply that while the debate continues, close the damn door!

Crickets.

Donnelly has 6 years to face the voters. he will support whatever Obama wants until around election time ( obama wont be in office then)

Coats possibly will try but he knows that no one will stand up to obama because of the race card. We cant impeach him. he could molest a baby in front of congress and still would not have 67 senators impeach him. They can try but it wont work.

Only thing we can hope is the supreme court shows obama his place once again. if they declare daca illegal i think that will help some of this.

Top Bottom