• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Some people would say you guys are crazy for waiting there on new years eve. I'm not one of those people though. If I wasn't already a member I wait as well. Glad to see this kind of dedication to the enjoyment of our 2nd Amendment. Plus looks like a New Year's Eve party to me.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    That place is a circus! I got there right about 6:00, parked and I couldn't even get in the drive . I asked the guys ahead of me and I think I would have been 44 or so, so came home. Some of the guys around me were grumbling that no one was supposed to be allowed in until 6:00 and I heard it was filled up by 5:30. I guess the early bird gets the worm, so I congratulated the last few guys to make it in and came home.

I hope that situation stays sane tonight.

Happy New Years all!

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Congrats to those who are hardcore enough to spend the night out!! I look forward to seeing you there, glad my check cleared a couple weeks ago.

I feel lucky to have found this range before it became so popular. When I joined about five yrs ago it took several days to fill whatever spots were open, and was totally by mail. Times have changed

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    You guys in line are so lucky, We took a quick trip to sunny Florida.. Oh what a Disaster.. It is cloudy and temps in the low 70s dropping down to 50.. And chance of rain Tomorrow... Gosh I wish I was back in Martinsville tonight..

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wow, people actually wait in line for HOURS in the cold just to get the chance to PAY $150 for a place to shoot? And you have to pay that much EVERY YEAR?

Wow... not sure what to think about that. I guess if you have the money, and don't have a place to shoot then it's your perogative...

It took me a few years to befriend the neighbor down the road that has a 300 yard range and now I have free access to his private range. Just have to send him a text before I come... 2 mile drive from my house to his range...

There are MANY people out there with private ranges like this, it's not hard to befriend them and earn their trust if you're a trust-worthy person... the hardest part is "locating them" but if you converse at all with shooters in your community it doesn't take long to figure it out... which makes me wonder about the people willing to wait in a line for the opportunity to pay $0.50/day for a year whether they use the range or not...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wow, people actually wait in line for HOURS in the cold just to get the chance to PAY $150 for a place to shoot? And you have to pay that much EVERY YEAR?

Wow... not sure what to think about that. I guess if you have the money, and don't have a place to shoot then it's your perogative...

It took me a few years to befriend the neighbor down the road that has a 300 yard range and now I have free access to his private range. Just have to send him a text before I come... 2 mile drive from my house to his range...

There are MANY people out there with private ranges like this, it's not hard to befriend them and earn their trust if you're a trust-worthy person... the hardest part is "locating them" but if you converse at all with shooters in your community it doesn't take long to figure it out... which makes me wonder about the people willing to wait in a line for the opportunity to pay $0.50/day for a year whether they use the range or not...

WOW.
    Way cool post, while folks are sitting in the cold, money in hand. :noway:
    Might as well go ahead and call them dumb-asses?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom