Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    :rolleyes:

I support your right to decide whether or not you get vaccinated and oppose government mandates regarding that decision.

But I'm still going to call people out who say stupid... er, scientifically specious... things like this. The vaccine isn't "poison."
    This.

I fully support the right of everyone to make the vaccine decision for themselves and am thoroughly against a government vaccine mandate.

However, the vaccines are important, and overwhelmingly safe, tool to get past this pandemic.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Sure, expected...

Polio didn't kill everyone, so pass out the iron lungs.
    People weren't influenced by China & Russia, the idiot conspiracy theorists, so they got vaccinated.

I'm betting you aren't old enough to know anyone polio ravaged...

Same with measles, know anyone that was sterilized, blinded, left mentally handicapped by measles?

Mumps the same deal, know anyone sterilized, died from mumps?

How about hepititus and the liver disease/cancer it causes?

The science is solid, has a 150 year history,
    It's some of the brains that are soggy and not grasping what's actually happening...
    I am vaccinated, but the reported breakthrough infections that are being reported do worry me. I've taken to carrying around a small spray bottle of kerosene and a lighter to ward off anyone who doesn't understand social distancing.

:)

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Nah. I'm 100% comfortable making the claim.

The extraordinary claim is that it is poison; the burden of proof lies on the one making such a claim.
    Because you're comfortable and say so doesn't make it true, just as an authoritative declaration that it's poison doesn't make that so.

The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim? You just made a claim, so, using you're words, you need to prove it, with something other than "I'm comfortable making it".

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    This.

I fully support the right of everyone to make the vaccine decision for themselves and am thoroughly against a government vaccine mandate.

However, the vaccines are important, and overwhelmingly safe, tool to get past this pandemic.
    Are you actually willing to get the future boosters? It sounds like there's a lot of them planned.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Because you're comfortable and say so doesn't make it true, just as an authoritative declaration that it's poison doesn't make that so.

The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim? You just made a claim, so, using you're words, you need to prove it, with something other than "I'm comfortable making it".
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And the claim that an FDA approved vaccine is "poison," with the attendant implications, is an extraordinary claim indeed.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Sure, expected...

Polio didn't kill everyone, so pass out the iron lungs.
    People weren't influenced by China & Russia, the idiot conspiracy theorists, so they got vaccinated.

I'm betting you aren't old enough to know anyone polio ravaged...

Same with measles, know anyone that was sterilized, blinded, left mentally handicapped by measles?

Mumps the same deal, know anyone sterilized, died from mumps?

How about hepititus and the liver disease/cancer it causes?

The science is solid, has a 150 year history,
    It's some of the brains that are soggy and not grasping what's actually happening...
    Here's a little history for you....

Historical Vaccine Safety Concerns​

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/concerns-history.html

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And the claim that an FDA approved vaccine is "poison," with the attendant implications, is an extraordinary claim indeed.
    So is an FDA "approval" for an injection containing experimental medical technology, with may be a year of study, that's never been widely used, if at all, on humans.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    FORWARD: Gov. Holcomb issues statement in response to President Joe Biden's Vaccine Mandate

INDIANAPOLIS - We are forwarding this statement by Governor Eric J. Holcomb in response to President Joe Biden's recent announcement to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine to employers. The statement was issued earlier today by the governor's office.

"I believe the vaccine is the number one tool that will protect us and our loved ones against COVID-19. It is the tool that will end the pandemic. However, I strongly believe it’s not the state or federal government’s role to issue a vaccine mandate upon citizens and private businesses. This is the approach our administration has taken all along. The announcement from President Biden is a bridge too far. Private businesses should be able to look at their own mission, their staff and their goals and make the decision best for them that will keep their doors open. I believe it is fundamentally a citizen’s right to choose whether or not to get the vaccine. While I wish everyone would get the vaccine, we are a country built on this exact type of freedom.”

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    This.

Theres over 9000 sick and dead form the pandemic shot that if alive would disagree.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FORWARD: Gov. Holcomb issues statement in response to President Joe Biden's Vaccine Mandate

INDIANAPOLIS - We are forwarding this statement by Governor Eric J. Holcomb in response to President Joe Biden's recent announcement to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine to employers. The statement was issued earlier today by the governor's office.

"I believe the vaccine is the number one tool that will protect us and our loved ones against COVID-19. It is the tool that will end the pandemic. However, I strongly believe it’s not the state or federal government’s role to issue a vaccine mandate upon citizens and private businesses. This is the approach our administration has taken all along. The announcement from President Biden is a bridge too far. Private businesses should be able to look at their own mission, their staff and their goals and make the decision best for them that will keep their doors open. I believe it is fundamentally a citizen’s right to choose whether or not to get the vaccine. While I wish everyone would get the vaccine, we are a country built on this exact type of freedom.”

Real Republican governors did this yesterday.

Why did Holcomb fail to mention lawsuits?

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside

Believe what you want, but the numbers say that's false.
    Locally the hospitals are publishing occupancy numbers (no personal information released).

138 in the hospital, 2 vaccinated in regular beds, the rest, including all ICU beds are unvaccinated.

Just to the south of us, a huge hospital has 1 vaccinated with 480 unvaccinated.

And in the mean time, I wait for outpatient surgery because everyone is tending to unvaccinated cases...
    Those numbers don't mention anything about recovered covid patients being in the hospital. If the hospitals were full of past recovered covid patients I'm sure we'd be hearing that everyday(and we should if that was the case!) Just about all the studies show natural immunity is pretty good, at least for now.

Also some hospitals were already short staffed and postponing some surgeries before delta increased the work load. Now that mandates are coming through the staffing shortage is getting worse all the while patient numbers are increasing. Like this summer all Indy hospitals going on diversion before this wave of covid hit. Starting to looking like a perfect storm to me

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Those numbers don't mention anything about recovered covid patients being in the hospital. If the hospitals were full of past recovered covid patients I'm sure we'd be hearing that everyday(and we should if that was the case!) Just about all the studies show natural immunity is pretty good, at least for now.

Also some hospitals were already short staffed and postponing some surgeries before delta increased the work load. Now that mandates are coming through the staffing shortage is getting worse all the while patient numbers are increasing. Starting to looking like a perfect storm to me. Like this summer all Indy hospitals going on diversion before this wave of covid hit.

There was already a nursing shortage. Laying off nurses who won't get the jab, while a shortage is going on is criminal IMO. People will die because of politics, nothing else.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Skipped 11 pages of prior comments. Just dropping in to say that this attempt to enforce a private employer vaccine mandate through the DoL is as unconstitutional as Biden's attempt to enforce an eviction moratorium using the CDC.
    They know that and he even admitted it about the eviction thing but they know it will take time for the other side to fight it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

You do realize that the ingredient lists are available, right? Here's the Pfizer vaccine:

"WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN COMIRNATY (COVID-19 VACCINE, mRNA) AND
    THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?
    COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
    include the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-
    6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-
    ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, and cholesterol),
    potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium
    phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose."

Which of those ingredients is the "poison"?

There is ample clinical data regarding the safety of these vaccines. There is significant pharmacovigilance data to support their safety.

I showed mine; you show me yours.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Theres over 9000 sick and dead form the pandemic shot that if alive would disagree.
    I assume you're relying on VAERS data for that number?

That's not how VAERS works. Reports of adverse events does not prove causation, or even correlation. Anyone can report literally anything.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Remember, all those commercials that start with: “Have you or a loved one ever taken XXX and suffered severe side effects? You may be entitled to compensation”... have been from FDA-approved medications.
    Yes, because it is virtually impossible to make a substance that has therapeutic effect without having an adverse effect in some percentage of people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom