Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't know if there is further law on this.
    A key difference is that, in that case, the vaccine mandate was issued by the State, not the Federal government.

Additionally, the vaccine mandate in question was a state statute - i.e. duly enacted legislation, not a unilateral executive action. From the syllabus of the decision: "It is within the police power of a State to enact a compulsory vaccination law, and it is for the legislature, and not for the courts, to determine."

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The less than 100 people part is gonna kill trade unions. In a time when the unions can’t get enough qualified people to do the jobs they get if 10-20% of the workforce leaves it will cost them jobs.

add to it that those that leave will most likely start their own outfit or go work for the non union competition.

this is a sad day for the blue collar working man. Unions set the standard on what every tradesman wage is. Even if your non union this isn’t good for you.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone suggested that you must get the tetanus (or any other besides Covid) vaccine in order to continue to work, or to attend a bar or a sporting venue or get on on a plane, etc.? Still don't see the difference?
    so just this vax, then? Is there a reversal procedure or when can I expect my feet to turn into cloven hooves? Hopeful the bow ties will distract from the horns.
    (Come'on, it's Friday!)

BTW, I also need authorization to work (citizenship or visa) and that applies to companies under 100, too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To be fair, Israel's jabbed rate is nearly 80%, so if 60% of hospitalized patients have been jabbed, that means the jabbed are being hospitalized at lower rates than the unjabbed.

Another thing from the article to consider though is that Israel is experiencing one of the worst outbreaks in the world despite the fact that 80% of the population has been jabbed. Anecdotally, this would seem to indicate that the it is the jabbed who are causing the outbreak, not the other way around.
    Worldometers data shows Israel as 16th in cases per million, right behind the US at number 15, and the US has about 2.6X the death rate per million

Hardly seems to be one of the worst outbreaks

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And importantly, IF those restrictions were found by the Court to be a reasonable means for achieving a public good. Has a court ruled on Biden's latest mandate? No.
    We knew the answer to your question before it was asked, DD.

OSHA, FDA, CDC......there are many regulations presently in effect for food, health and safety. With SCOTUS previously ruling on immunizations, I wonder if the court will take the leap here because of executive action?

I dunno. But, that's what lawsuits are for, I suppose.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A key difference is that, in that case, the vaccine mandate was issued by the State, not the Federal government.

Additionally, the vaccine mandate in question was a state statute - i.e. duly enacted legislation, not a unilateral executive action. From the syllabus of the decision: "It is within the police power of a State to enact a compulsory vaccination law, and it is for the legislature, and not for the courts, to determine."

But there is that pesky "Commerce Clause" in the Constitution.....so I don't think you've proved your exemption,

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Worldometers data shows Israel as 16th in cases per million, right behind the US at number 15, and the US has about 2.6X the death rate per million

Hardly seems to be one of the worst outbreaks
    16th out of 195 countries seems pretty bad.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can you point me to the EO that created that requirement? Thanks in advance.
    Listen, I ain't defending this horse****, I'm just laughing at the Fundamentalist that are always looking for signs and constantly saying, "look! There's the mark! And this time I'm serial guys!"

And all this talk of suddenly medicine being against folks' religion makes me wonder about that doctrine I hold dear, the priesthood of all believers. (Shh - don't tell Foszoe!)

Edit: I hate INGO'ing on my tablet!

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    But there is that pesky "Commerce Clause" in the Constitution.....so I don't think you've proven your exemption,
    What "exemption"? There is no enumerated authority for the federal government to issue a vaccine mandate. There is no court precedent for the federal government to issue a vaccine mandate. SCOTUS affirming the conditions under which a state can legislate a vaccine mandate does not provide precedent for the federal executive unilaterally enacting a vaccine mandate.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Listen, I ain't defending this horse****, I'm just laughing at the Fundamentalist that are always looking for signs and constantly saying, "look! There's the mark! And this time I'm serial guys!"

And all this talk of suddenly medicine against folks' religion makes me wonder about that doctrine I hold dear, the priesthood of all believers. (Ahh - don't tell Foszoe!)
    I don't go around looking for signs of Revelation prophecy. I will say, though, that State action to preclude tens of millions of people from engaging in society raises some red flags - prophecy or not.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Actually, it's about 'compliance'...and yes it is about individual freedom and personal choice!
    Bullying...would be another term that would cover it!
    It is not bullying, it is flat out extortion. Jabs for Jobs. You either let someone pump this poison into your body, or we fire you. I imagine he just sank his entire party for the 2022 elections, and hopefully the new Republican House and Senate will fast track Bidens impeachment.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't go around looking for signs of Revelation prophecy. I will say, though, that State action to preclude tens of millions of people from engaging in society raises some red flags - prophecy or not.
    if it wasn't in the midst of pandemic then I would be concerned.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What "exemption"? There is no enumerated authority for the federal government to issue a vaccine mandate. There is no court precedent for the federal government to issue a vaccine mandate. SCOTUS affirming the conditions under which a state can legislate a vaccine mandate does not provide precedent for the federal executive unilaterally enacting a vaccine mandate.
    I don't want to enter a legal debate. Neither of us are lawyers.

I will solely observe that Biden's EO isn't without some support in law. How SCOTUS may rule is anyone's guess at this point (even with a conservative court).

I've got one son who was vaccinated and is now recovering from Covid. I've got another that won't get vaccinated and he has been kicked off his rugby team and may not be allowed to play a concert at Red Rocks without a vaccination.

As to the broader societal implications....pffft. I really don't care all that much. Most of my community don't wear masks and I believe I'm about as fully immunized as I can be at this point.

We choose the hills we wish to fight and die on. This isn't one for me.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    if it wasn't in the midst of pandemic then I would be concerned.
    Pandemic? The only pandemic is the amount of fear. Show me the deaths. Show me where mandates, shutting down businesses, forcing kids to wear masks, forcing parents to quit their jobs to stay home because their children’s schools are shut down, etc are warranted.

Just because YOU believe it’s warranted, doesn’t make it factually true. You can hide from the flu and let it destroy the foundation of our republic, I will not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom