Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    pz1i94tl.jpeg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How does my being vaccinated help you if you contract the rona?
    Vaccinated people are at least a little less contagious than unvaccinated people. So if those studies are true, in a given workplace, at least in theory, unvaccinated people would tend to make more people sick than vaccinated people.

We can forget about all that nonsense that the vaccines currently available prevent the person from getting covid variants. If you have it, you can spread it to people whether they’re vaccinated or not. And if you’re vaccinated, you can get it and spread it. If you had it though, you are much less likely to get it again, even variants.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    where in my post did I mention aspirin?
    What link?
    I never mentioned any article or made any references, those were all my own thoughts in that post.
    Sure.
    I had to laugh out loud at seeing that written by you.

Two out of the three vaccines didn't use those stem cells. Which should end this line of anti-vax reasoning.

A) it's my own tribe doing this (white evangelicals)
    B) a majority of the people now concerned likely have some medicine in their cabinet developed using these cell lines.
    C) it is anti-abortion, and not pro-life (they're not the same anymore)
    D) there's pastors selling indulgences church memberships and exemptions
    E) with other things (e.g. race) the response is, "that's the past, we can't fix it". But here we are worrying about cells from a deaths aborted some forty -odd years ago.

on the other hand:
    A) these mandates are a horrible idea
    B) if your employer accepts an exemption request (or not), well, I guess that's their perrogitive.

Tombs, weren't you calling out people for acting like Johnny Paycheck and marching out? But now you're advocating for people to kowtow and play within the system?

Aspirin is one of the medicines most often snarkily cited by advocates of that line of thinking. And it's not just aspirin. ****ing Tums, for crying out loud, is on that list. As if the development of antacids relied on research with aborted fetuses. Dude, if you're gonna cite the claim, generic as it was, at least you should know what claim you're making. Or maybe stop making it. They weren't "developed" using those cell lines. The covid vaccines were developed using them.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Vaccinated people are at least a little less contagious than unvaccinated people. So if those studies are true, in a given workplace, at least in theory, unvaccinated people would tend to make more people sick than vaccinated people.

We can forget about all that nonsense that the vaccines currently available prevent the person from getting covid variants. If you have it, you can spread it to people whether they’re vaccinated or not. And if you’re vaccinated, you can get it and spread it. If you had it though, you are much less likely to get it again, even variants.
    If you're going to force millions and millions of people out of their jobs, you better do a hell of a lot better than "I guess they're a little less contagious". This is people's livelihoods we're talking about.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you're going to force millions and millions of people out of their jobs, you better do a hell of a lot better than "I guess they're a little less contagious". This is people's livelihoods we're talking about.
    Exactly. The vaccine's performance against the delta varient makes it no more than an individual choice to protect oneself, or those around him. No mandate is justified. And if the study is true just posted, that there's no difference between the spread in homes between vaccinated and vaccinated, any justification for a mandate is out the window.

But, we're talking about insurance companies and their justification for making vaccinated people pay more in premiums than vaccinated people. So the study that shows vaccinated people are contagious for fewer days than unvaccinated people is a bit relevant there. I think it would have to be studied a lot more for them to justify charging higher premiums though. And like I said elsewhere, I don't trust insurance companies to do those studies when there's a windfall to earn, albeit not as much as vaccine companies have earned.

The pretense of Biden's mandate is that it will end the pandemic when everyone is vaccinated. But, it looks to me like with all the evidence against that premise, it's really about getting shots in arms so the cronies get paid. Pfizer has made $100B on this so far with zero liability.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Well, there are studies that have found that the vaccinated cary a higher viral load than the unvaccinated, so I don't think you can make that claim. Higher viral load would mean more infectious.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well, there are studies that have found that the vaccinated cary a higher viral load than the unvaccinated, so I don't think you can make that claim. Higher viral load would mean more infectious.
    At this point there are studies about studies being studied, all to discredit another study. I’ll go with my gut instinct, that survival tool we were all born with. Some have good instincts, some don’t. Mine tells me the vaccine doesn’t do **** but give a false sense of security. Other people’s instincts tell them the vaccine makes them invincible. They are free to follow their instincts, I should be free to do the same.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    At this point there are studies about studies being studied, all to discredit another study. I’ll go with my gut instinct, that survival tool we were all born with. Some have good instincts, some don’t. Mine tells me the vaccine doesn’t do **** but give a false sense of security. Other people’s instincts tell them the vaccine makes them invincible. They are free to follow their instincts, I should be free to do the same.
    Yep, this is pretty much how I see things. If you want to shoot up with that ****, go ahead, whatever floats your boat. Just leave me the **** alone.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    By years end we're going to see a developing adverse effects trend, it's already starting to outpace the MSM narrative. By next Spring everyone will know the results of the experiment vs the control group. Lowered immunity, ADE and continued boosters are creating a horrible trajectory of unnecessary side effects and deaths. As time goes on it'll be more difficult to hide the real numbers. I'm shocked to hear all the side effect stories from the few people I meet, mainly heart related.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Do you smoke?

Do you realize an employer can fire you or not hire you in about 1/2 of the states if you're a smoker?

Do you drink?

An employer can "manage" that issue for you.

Live in a state with "at will" employment? The beancounters might make suggestions after reviewing employer-paid medical costs.

And please don't tell me about your protections under Federal law. It is Federal law that might mandate a vaccination. Right Kimosabe? :)

I guess we arrived at communism through the free market rather than the state.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I guess we arrived at communism through the free market rather than the state.
    Bend it as you see fit. When profit is the sole motive of a corporation, especially a multi-national, humans become assets and/or liabilities. I've worked for a large multi-national and been in those boardrooms. The Preamble and the Constitution are never on the agenda. There is nothing more authoritarian than a CEO. Maybe not Ben & Jerry....but they sold out.

You think Google and Meta think we are their valued customers? We are the product, amigo. The product.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom