• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    So I just got a MagPul hand guard put on my AR and I'm really diggin it , maybe just cause it's new .

I love the Pmag and some of their other accessories .

My question is why don't they make stuff for AK's ?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Inferior platform

"Inferior" as in a cheaper , more rugged , out of the box reliable , design that requires FAR LESS maintenance and will shoot any ammo you feed it ?

Not trying to start another AR vs AK but thinking that if MagPul made stuff for the AK as well made as there AR stuff , they'd have most / if not all of the American accessory market to them selves .

Plus their stuff would probably be better made , be lighter and look cooler than most of the "airsoft" looking crap that is the AK market .

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    They just now started making shotgun products, I would say one of these days it will happen. But really people already use their grips and stocks with adapters on AK type rifles. On top of the fact that the AK and AR have completely different ways of attatching hardware. :dunno:

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    The only AK item I'd like to see from them is a quality magazine. Most anything else they have can be adapted to fit. I'd tried that a couple months ago, Magpul products all over my AK but took it all off and sold them. I guess I just looked at it one day and thought, "Man, that's a lot of ammo money just sitting there doing nothing." I'd never knock people that want to accessorize their AK's, but for me the price I paid for the accessories it really didn't do much to improve on it. They're just that good to begin with. :draw:

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Betcha they will go there sometime or sooner....

Some of magpuls stuff is right on, some of it IMHO is crap. I guess the same can be said of about anything.

I don't base my gear choices on whose logo is stamped on the package, I base it on what WORKS, is reliable, and what holds up under use.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah I would love to see AK mags in both 7.62 and 5.45 flavors from Magpul, but only if they do it right, ie steel reinforcement where needed, ala Bulgy ((10)).

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Id rather see a reliable 5.45 AR mag from them first. The lack of quality mags for 5.45 is the only thing keeping me from picking up a 5.45 upper.

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    Their AFG has been comfortable to use on my AK74. If I could eventually figure it out I'd think about putting their flip up sights on that rifle. At this point, I'm just waiting for anyone to start expanding the market on 74 mags. I definitely can't speak for function on most of their products but Magpul seems to at least put some thought into their products before they throw them on the market.

Top Bottom