Lost my pocket knife, need recommendations for a replacement.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I lost my Kersaw Clash yesterday. I used it to trim a piece of cardborad for a target backer while at MCF&G and noticed I didn't have it later when I was at home. I retraced my steps and can't find it, going to give my range bag and truck another look when I get home.

In the mean time, I'm in search of a new folder.
    What I want:
    1. approximately 3 to 4 inch blade
    2. spring assisted opening
    3. non serrated blade
    4. would like to keep it under $75
    Recommend me some quality blades.

On a side note, if you were at MCF&G on Sunday sometime after 5:30 and happend to find a black Kersaw in the 2nd bay (closest to the river) please let me know.

TIA

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I have a couple Kershaw Blurs that I carry on occasion. They are tough, assisted opening, & hold an edge (depends on the blade material as they have several options - mine are D2). There is a guy on ebay that sells factory cosmetic seconds and they are fine for use but may have a blemish or two. I also carry a Benchmade CQC7 that I have had for many years. It takes a licking and keeps on cutting. I believ it has a blade of ATS 34? Hope this helps?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Spyderco Endura and Delicas would fit those wants as well... I know this Brad guy that sells 'em

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    for spring assisted the blur is one of my favorites. You can get it in many blade steels and options. I have a old school tanto plain edge you can't get anymore and it's absolutely one of my favorites.

On a side note If you wanted to bump your price range up just a bit. a zero tolerance 0350 would be about the best knife to fit the bill period. it's got the s30v, nice liner lock, g10, assisted open, beefy but not overly so, amazing warranty. I love my zero tolerances. amazing blades. Not sure on the new price but used they come in right at 90-100 bucks.

thriller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    I use a SOG Trident with the regular blade (no serrations) everyday at work. Excellent quality metal, locking mechanism, and assisted open. I have a lot of "top end" pocket knives, but none hold an edge like my Trident.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    OK, I lied, I had an OSO Sweet, not a Clash (I couldn't remember the model and it looked most like what I had when I looked at the catalog).

I'm still searching, I dug out my old stand by for the time being. I'm thinking about uping my limit to about $100 and I want to buy something that was made in the USA. I keep seeing a lot of recomendations for ZT 0350 but that still seems to be a bit beyound my budget.

In my search I keep seeing stuff about blade material, and I admit, I have no clue about any of that. Can someone point me to a good knife 101 or FAQ that talks about metal quality and how well each holds an edge.

Sure would be nice to be able to handle a couple to help me decide.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    My weekends are booked up for about the next month, so there isn't going to be much time to get to a gunshow thats not in Indy.

While it's not spring assisted like I said above, I'm considering a Kershaw JYD 2 w/ the composite blade. I really like the flipper that you can push with your index finger which Kershaw puts on a lot of their blades.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    My weekends are booked up for about the next month, so there isn't going to be much time to get to a gunshow thats not in Indy.

While it's not spring assisted like I said above, I'm considering a Kershaw JYD 2 w/ the composite blade. I really like the flipper that you can push with your index finger which Kershaw puts on a lot of their blades.

Holt Road Show is coming up end of the month in Indy

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

That Kershaw JYD 2 composite is a sweet blade. I would'nt hesitate to pick up one of those. :yesway:

Top Bottom