• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5635249/Bump-Stock-Final-Rule.pdf

Looks like a signature at the end of that doc, so all that's left is the technical publishing and the lawsuit(s).

So are we now approaching the point where there will be more federal bans under that piece of **** trump than there were under that piece of **** obama?

What will we learn next? That the pieces of **** who ran on repealing obammy care didn't repeal it and the wall will not be built, particularly at Mexico's cost?

I hope every last one of these politician bastards burn eternally in a lake of fire.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    No. They would still need a warrant - not that anything like that would happen. So will turn them in, some will keep them. Some idiot will post a vid of him shooting it after the ban, and get burned.

you know that’s so true! There never fails to be a shortage stupid people in the world.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    it will be interesting to see how they will handle the complying part. So now do they have propable cause on every gun owner to come into there house without a warrant to search your house because they think you have a bump stock?

Maybe the ****ing feds will use tanks to gas and burn homes suspected of having "automatic" firearms....you know, for the safety of the children in the home...just like the good ol' days.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am nauseated with the sheer disappointment in this ban. I don't have one and would never even see myself getting one. It just isn't "me".

But to be called the "land of the free" in these times, it is hard to keep a straight face.

No matter the source of the short sighted reasoning government would have justified in their own minds to do this, it openly displays their willingness to extract rights from the many to appease the few in a meaningless superficial cosmetic way.

Just pass a tax on "stupid" and place large collection jars in the house, senate and the White House and let them fund this carnival for once.

Anyone who thinks they go to bed tonight "safer" than they were before are simply delusional.

All they have done is empowered "stupid" for the sake of being reactionary.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am nauseated with the sheer disappointment in this ban. I don't have one and would never even see myself getting one. It just isn't "me".

But to be called the "land of the free" in these times, it is hard to keep a straight face.

No matter the source of the short sighted reasoning government would have justified in their own minds to do this, it openly displays their willingness to extract rights from the many to appease the few in a meaningless superficial cosmetic way.

Just pass a tax on "stupid" and place large collection jars in the house, senate and the White House and let them fund this carnival for once.

Anyone who thinks they go to bed tonight "safer" than they were before are simply delusional.

All they have done is empowered "stupid" for the sake of being reactionary.

Yes sir.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    State does not exist to protect rights.

State exists to protect state.

Some say state is a necessary evil. They are half correct. It isn't necessary.

I would not lift a finger to protect or save a single one of these bastards.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I have no use for a bump stock. Just not my kind of shooting. That said, we shouldn't be passing new regulations based on the use, or alleged use, of one by some deranged individual. I'm confident there will be legal challenges particularly in relation to confiscation of legally obtained and owned property. I'm not one who looks for reasons to panic and, even if I was, I don't think I'd see a reason here.

However, if I did own one, I'd sure as hell keep my mouth and my keyboard quiet about it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5635249/Bump-Stock-Final-Rule.pdf

Looks like a signature at the end of that doc, so all that's left is the technical publishing and the lawsuit(s).

GOA is ready:

https://www.gunowners.org/goa-file-bump-stock-suit.htm

I can’t imagine the optics of seeing the Fed raid some poor schmuck’s house over a cheesy piece of plastic so they can send him up the river for 10 years. Yep, the land of the free and the home of the brave my ass.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So do we get to start playing multi-dimensional chess now or wait?

Er, what?

I thought we were playing chess.

Wait, I'm still figuring out parallax....and now we're talking about a game of defending a king on a ****ing game board?

I guess Isaac Davis saw things differently.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Old INGO member Caleb Giddings, of Gun Nuts Media on the bump stock issue.

Language warning...

[video=youtube;O3CfT2N2VU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3CfT2N2VU0[/video]

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    So, the NRA finally got the gun control that they asked for and CONTINUE to ask for. Please reference the 7th sentence in the paragraph on the linked page.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

I just don't understand how anyone can think the NRA is our best advocate for gun rights. They are willing to sell out gun owners to save the "hunting class"...or as many would say...the Fudd's.

The only argument I see if "Well, if not for the NRA, you would have NO gun rights by now." So, keeping the same bad slave master so a worse one will not replace him, that's not a liberty minded plan. We must accept a lesser evil to stave off the greater evil. How about we stop messing around with slave masters and evil entirely!!!

I have lost count on the number of INGO members who have aggressively posted derogatory and inflammatory things about anyone who does not automatically support the NRA. I was called names...I was told I was ignorant, stupid, childish for not realizing how the NRA had everything under control and how this could NEVER, EVER happen. Unpossible it was. 3D chess vs checkers was thrown out as an example of how inept those of us were who questioned the statement that has not changed since it first posted on October 5th, 2017.

As of this point, the most the NRA can muster is to say they are "disappointed", but no statement of a plan of action that I can find.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/12/daniel-zimmerman/nra-disappointed-by-trump-bump-stock-ban/

Yet, I hear nothing from those same members who were so boldly supporting the NRA asking that the NRA be held accountable. Why is that? After all, they said the NRA will save us. They will not sell out gun owners. Anyone who says the NRA does sell out gun owners are 2nd amendment fanatics, purists who will not like any organization, and are unrealistic ideologues. Why are these people so ready to disparage other gun owners to rabidly defend the NRA that is selling them out? Yet, all those who expressed concerns about the NRA's position apparently had a legitimate position to do so.

Why are those people now silent?

"Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeeffer

I went through old threads and I was going to post some quotes of those who supported the NRA asking for additional regulation and those who supported banning bump stocks and full autos for that matter. I guess I forgot how many gun owners are asking for their rights to be ripped from them. In just one thread I had almost every other post as a quote on the first 2 pages. I came to a sad conclusion tonight. Apparently even in INGO (so probably even more so in the rest of the world) Fudds who think the 2nd amendment only applies to hunting outnumber the rest of the gun owners. The "hunting class" are selfishly motivated and are willing to sell others out as long as they can keep what they want. Everyone else be damned, just as long as they get to keep want they want, then everyone else gets a big F*** YOU!

Sadly, I think this only confirms that our nation is in decline. Our nation has lost its virtue and now our society is for the most part motivated by selfish ambition and greed. When those who are willing to gain at the expense of others outnumber those with higher principals, our system of government will fail. Our founding fathers declared it so. With this society, it is only a matter of time.

"A general dissolution of principals and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader". Samuel Adams

"To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical [imaginary] idea." James Madison

"Public virtue cannot exist in a nation without private virtue, and public virtue is the only foundation of republics" John Adams

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom." Benjamin Franklin

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt. He therefore is the truest friend of the liberty of his country who tries most to promote its virtue." Samuel Adams

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The next step will be to “ban” or more highly regulate/discourage semi-auto/auto loaders because they can be shot at a high rate of fire effectively similar to a bump-stock (a.k.a., stiff finger). That’s how this slippery slope is gonna go. It’s plain as day. Unless this is faught and won.

High rate of fire you say? ;)

[video=youtube;lLk1v5bSFPw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw[/video]

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Sorry my pants are sagging, had to cut the belt loops off my jeans to be compliant with the new bump stock ban.

Trump just shot him self in the foot and likened his chances as a one term president.

Top Bottom