• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm interested to see how this affects the president's approval numbers. I imagine he'll go up with the middle-left crowd, down with the middle-right crowd, and stay the same with the haters and sycophants.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm still waiting for that 4D chess to kick in and for this to turn out to be a good thing for gun owners.....

latest

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm still waiting for that 4D chess to kick in and for this to turn out to be a good thing for gun owners.....

Litigation is a terrible way to make policy but... it has been effective in the area of 2A, so there is still hope.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The National Rifle Association hasn’t publicly commented on the regulatory order.

Crickets.

Maybe they were caught off-guard by this sudden development.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

Nice. That was fast. Hopefully the GOA an other groups get their suits filed as well. Bury the ATF in legal paperwork. Maybe we can get a class action lawsuit going... of course, if you signed on to one, you are basically telling the Feds you have a bumpstock. If so, no boating accidents for you, it's victory or death so to speak.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It's like when the Dems said they weren't coming for our guns, and didn't. But the repubs said we are for gun rights and hearing protection and magazine capacity so we voted for them then they came for our guns and accessories and don't contest the thousands of accessory bans taking place locally making it almost impossible for us to get our rights back due to the sheer volume of small gun laws.. Well played overlords, well played

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Gun owners of America are filing suit. Rightfully so, I think they are stupid, a range toy and not anything I’m interested in but they are far from anything an automatic. Plus they are not registered or required a background check to buy, how will anyone know where they are? Sorry, had one but I lost it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Gun owners of America are filing suit. Rightfully so, I think they are stupid, a range toy and not anything I’m interested in but they are far from anything an automatic. Plus they are not registered or required a background check to buy, how will anyone know where they are? Sorry, had one but I lost it.

Slidefire alone sold over 520,000. There are multiple 3d printing gun groups that have been running nonstop for a few weeks pumping them out, who knows how many other sold in retail stores. There is literally over 1million bumpstocks floating around. Many people paid more than a single paycheck for one, and now are supposed to turn it in without refund. What kind of "evidence" will local LEO's need to start serving warrants on gun owners locally essentially documenting every gun owners collection in search of bumpstocks.

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    The next step will be to “ban” or more highly regulate/discourage semi-auto/auto loaders because they can be shot at a high rate of fire effectively similar to a bump-stock (a.k.a., stiff finger). That’s how this slippery slope is gonna go. It’s plain as day. Unless this is faught and won.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    ‘‘Tis is a bunch a crap. Whether or not you care for them, this is a slippery slope. I still don’t believe that the Vegas shooter actually used one: the videos sound like actual full auto, not slide fire firing. They are a toy, gigggle factor; not going to be accurate with it or consistent. Then to tell all the people who bought one legally to destroy or turn in with no compensation or even offer amnesty is crap as well. They weren’t cheap from what I could tell. I have a feeling people will say they destroyed it and hold onto it.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Slidefire alone sold over 520,000. There are multiple 3d printing gun groups that have been running nonstop for a few weeks pumping them out, who knows how many other sold in retail stores. There is literally over 1million bumpstocks floating around. Many people paid more than a single paycheck for one, and now are supposed to turn it in without refund. What kind of "evidence" will local LEO's need to start serving warrants on gun owners locally essentially documenting every gun owners collection in search of bumpstocks.

it will be interesting to see how they will handle the complying part. So now do they have propable cause on every gun owner to come into there house without a warrant to search your house because they think you have a bump stock?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    What a shame. Never used one but what will be next? Semi-auto's?

Yes. They are letting the local govs take care of making capacity laws. So when that fight comes up the statists will cry about states rights. What we are watching happen now is much worse than the Clinton ban.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    it will be interesting to see how they will handle the complying part. So now do they have propable cause on every gun owner to come into there house without a warrant to search your house because they think you have a bump stock?

No. They would still need a warrant - not that anything like that would happen. So will turn them in, some will keep them. Some idiot will post a vid of him shooting it after the ban, and get burned.

Top Bottom