• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I’ve been to Maine and bought lobster right off the boat. Best lobstah you’ll ever eat, and it still isn’t something that I would go out of my way to eat again. Give me a good ribeye and a potato though...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve been to Maine and bought lobster right off the boat. Best lobstah you’ll ever eat, and it still isn’t something that I would go out of my way to eat again. Give me a good ribeye and a potato though...

Precisely.
    I have had Halibut fresh from the. Water in Seattle at friends who fish for it. The way the grill it was amazing and I can’t get that here.
    I have had Salmon there as well and no I can’t get that here.
    But we do our best with what we can buy but it falls short.
    Same with Trout. Once you have had it fresh from the water nothing else comes even close.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    All of the [STRIKE]lobster[/STRIKE] (I meant octopus, brain shart) and sqiud I have experienced is Asian style. I am not sure if it was cooked. I love seafood and will eat just about anything from the sea. It kills me that I did not know how to prepare sea urchin when I was in Panama. They were big and yglu and scared me a bit.

I cannot believe that I have never had calamari.

Lobster is overrated to me, it's good but I'll take snow crab, king crab, or octopus over it any day and scallops over it most days, even shrimp if they are royal reds. I've only had octopus grilled and it was always melt in your mouth tender with a nice, mild flavor. I've heard it can be quite tough raw though.

I actually love lobster.

Raw Oysters and clams are a no go for me. Not very appetizing. Pretty much a shrimp and fish kinda guy. Not really into lobster that much either.

I like my oysters steamed (not much different fron raw, but warm). I like my clams battered and fried, just enough to make them golden brown and slightly firm.

Alas, with much chagrin, I am from New Jersey (a great place to be FROM) I ate fresh seafood for 17 years and it is a special thing that is nearly impossible to find in my beloved Indiana.

Oh, ribeye is my favorite cut medium rare with a whole lobster on the side and green vegetables, I am not much of a potato guy.

Precisely.
    I have had Halibut fresh from the. Water in Seattle at friends who fish for it. The way the grill it was amazing and I can’t get that here.
    I have had Salmon there as well and no I can’t get that here.
    But we do our best with what we can buy but it falls short.
    Same with Trout. Once you have had it fresh from the water nothing else comes even close.

I have caught fresh salmon and steel head in the lake and they are good. But $300 and a day for 5 or 6 fish (and that's 10 years ago) is a bit pricey.

Well maybe I am a POTATO...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Todays Tip, you cant get good seafood in a State that doesn't have tides on at least one border.....

Oh, and contrary to popular beliefs, Indiana Beach doesn't have tides.:dunno:

The White river in Arkansas has "tides" and excellent rainbow trout!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I actually love lobster.

I like my oysters steamed (not much different fron raw, but warm). I like my clams battered and fried, just enough to make them golden brown and slightly firm.

Alas, with much chagrin, I am from New Jersey (a great place to be FROM) I ate fresh seafood for 17 years and it is a special thing that is nearly impossible to find in my beloved Indiana.

Oh, ribeye is my favorite cut medium rare with a whole lobster on the side and green vegetables, I am not much of a potato guy.

I have caught fresh salmon and steel head in the lake and they are good. But $300 and a day for 5 or 6 fish (and that's 10 years ago) is a bit pricey.

Well maybe I am a POTATO...

My dear friends (from my racing endeavors) in Wash. State and Oregon are avid fishing enthusiasts. They fish the sound a lot and run the waters north of there.
    If they are having a gathering they hook up the boat and run out here. A cooler full of fresh Halibut is impossible to beat. If they have Salmon and trout it is literally to die for. They have a technique for preparing this that is amazing.
    They use our Baked tater recipe and green veggies medley off the grill or the steamer. :drool:

I may want to book a flight and let them know we are coming. Just to eat.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Well done, and with ketchup?

:):

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I know that name calling is against the rules and will likely get me infracted, but for this comment, I’d be willing to risk it.
    The only one really in danger from that comment should have been me :):

A steak should only be served rare, or blue. Anything else is a waste of good meat.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry I prefer my meat to be warm rather than cold, so medium rare please.

I prefer mine to not MOOO when I stick my fork and knife into it.

I grew up eating steaks well done, I now eat them medium well.

Want me to throw up at the table, drop a oozing red steak in front me, want me to throw the steak, drop a charbroiled half the size it used to be one in front me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom