• Status
    Not open for further replies.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Election year and Covid seems to have everyone on edge.

QFT. This place does have its swings. What gets annoying is when things creep out of their silos (politics, it is always politics) into the break room and general gun thread.

Something newsworthy happens and it becomes a political thread no later than the end of page 2 (on the traditional page count).

Anyhoo...Here is some PUDC for a rainy day.
    Here-is-my-favorite-recipe-for-Pineapple-Upside-Down-Cake-sallysbakingaddiction.com_.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    QFT. This place does have its swings. What gets annoying is when things creep out of their silos (politics, it is always politics) into the break room and general gun thread.

Something newsworthy happens and it becomes a political thread no later than the end of page 2 (on the traditional page count).

Here-is-my-favorite-recipe-for-Pineapple-Upside-Down-Cake-sallysbakingaddiction.com_.jpg

I love those.....

5cacc3ac-4547-11e9-b5dc-9921d5eb8a6d_image_hires_110410.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man that looks :drool:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    For food my rule isI will try (almost) anything thrice.

So far after several times I have not had any "good" chorizo.

Octopus and squid are two other things I've given up on. I will not turn my nose at it if you serve me it, but I will not buy it again.

I thought i didn't like it, but if you find a restaurant that can do a good fried calamari, it's pretty tasty!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Knowing full well what Octopus and Squid look like I will take a hard pass OK.....:):

When my wife was on internship and I would go visit her in Lincoln we would often go to a Greek restaurant and order the calamari. The first time it was bit of a surprise to discover they fried up the entire mantle of sizable squid instead of sissy little rings. ;)

Octopus, when prepared properly, is very good, better than shrimp, scallops or lobster in my opinion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When my wife was on internship and I would go visit her in Lincoln we would often go to a Greek restaurant and order the calamari. The first time it was bit of a surprise to discover they fried up the entire mantle of sizable squid instead of sissy little rings. ;)

Octopus, when prepared properly, is very good, better than shrimp, scallops or lobster in my opinion.

Well you can have all of mine OK.....:):

I am no huge seafood fan. Fresh shrimp right off the boat is the absolute best when prepared right and the proper sauces are on hand.
    Many kinds of fish we like but lobster and all those other sea creatures you can have my share. I am giving like that...:):

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    All this crappy pineapple and seafood talk makes me wanna do something outrageous just to get it back on track. Yes I think I will. Y'all can go eat some ..... no, I don't think I will, for now. But there's gotta be someone out there screwing up, no? Maybe better for me to go stir up something in Politics. Too much nicety-nice going on over there too. It aint natural.
    Carry on.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I might be a page late and a dollar short but on the topic of chorizo...when I worked at circle city soups we had THE best biscuits and chorizo gravy. If you're ever near city market in the morning first of all may God be with you and keep you safe lol and 2, pop in city market for spicy b's & g!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Scallops if prepared well are awesome, and I do not like most seafood.

I do not like octopus, period.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well you can have all of mine OK.....:):

I am no huge seafood fan. Fresh shrimp right off the boat is the absolute best when prepared right and the proper sauces are on hand.
    Many kinds of fish we like but lobster and all those other sea creatures you can have my share. I am giving like that...:):
    Lobster dipped in butter is pretty tasty

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I might be a page late and a dollar short but on the topic of chorizo...when I worked at circle city soups we had THE best biscuits and chorizo gravy. If you're ever near city market in the morning first of all may God be with you and keep you safe lol and 2, pop in city market for spicy b's & g!

Biscuits and gravy with Chorizo? Now THAT sounds amazing

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom