• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Got a shock last night. Driving down I465 on the west side, with a nice looking (Blue and White striped) new Shelby Mustang cruising along next to me. Suddenly, it lit up like a Christmas tree with reds-n-blues, and took off like a SHOT. State-owned plate on the back, and uniformed officer at the wheel. Between the siren and the roar of the exhaust (and I swear I heard the tires chirp when he shifted at 70+ MPH), cars were scattering as he blew passed.

a) The LEO is a lucky SOB to get assigned THAT car
    b) Where does ISP get that kind of cash? Shelby's ain't exactly cheap at $50K per pop.
    c) No use in running! 400HP and a 6-speed will get it done in a hurry.

So, anyway, if you are a chronic speeder, watch your mirrors!

It is not a realy Shelby, just a GT with stripes like said above.

I have been told by many that the one with the Cobra badge is just that.... at GT with a cobra badge on it....

P.S. it is easy to make the tire chirp in a car with a manual.. just rev it up and drop the clutch haha.

they dont even have to do that. if they want to get speeders, people doing stupid driving maneuvers or anything to that nature, they just need to hit 31 south on a friday/saturday night. they would have an unlimited supply of people to pull over and chase.

They are out there in force...... TRUST ME..... they hit 31 on those nights in Jeep's, pick up trucks, ect ect.... and it is street racing, not speeding haha.... well most of it is racing.

They get many people on those nights.....

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow, this thread took off! If I was quicker, I would have gotten a pic on my phone. Most certainly a Shelby. Had the cobra badges, stainless duals, rear spoiler, air vent hood, and SHELBY on the gas cap. Looks exactly like this, but with dark tint and light bars behind the front/rear glass.

2010-shelby-gt500-3.jpg

I would have run him down for a picture, but my little Jeep tops out at 75. :D

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Wow, this thread took off! If I was quicker, I would have gotten a pic on my phone. Most certainly a Shelby. Had the cobra badges, stainless duals, rear spoiler, air vent hood, and SHELBY on the gas cap. Looks exactly like this, but with dark tint and light bars behind the front/rear glass.

I would have run him down for a picture, but my little Jeep tops out at 75. :D

550HP not 400 :D but knowing how police departments drive stuff with a lot of power chances are it will be wrecked soon or have the dog poo run out of it.

I assume you heard a very loud super charger whine? Suprises me that ISP would spend that much on 1 car....... even with a discount...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, I was wrong on the HP numbers in my first post. 540 is getting pretty serious.

I can't comment on the "whine", but the newer superchargers are pretty quiet. It did have a very distinct exhaust note, though. Not your typical Mustang V8 sound. Even with normal maintenance, I can't imaging this poor thing making it out of warranty. I know I would hammer on it all day long.....

The cost is what prompted me to post. I know ISP needs a few "pursuit" cars to compliment the normal Chargers and what-not. I suppose that since your average consumer can get 400+ HP pretty easily now, ISP had to move up a notch.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I've seen solid Silver, Black, Blue and Red Mustangs and then a Blue with White stripes when I was traveling between Bloomington and Indy on a regular basis. I was told by a friend in the know that each county gets one and they have to produce so much revenue to keep it. I've seen them working "Wolf Packs" on 37 before.

Yeah, that stretch of 37 is a no speed zone for sure.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yeah, I was wrong on the HP numbers in my first post. 540 is getting pretty serious.

I got bored with 600 something in my last fun car haha.

Those Cobra blowers are pretty quiet but if they get ont he gas hard and your windows are down and the radio is not cranked you can hear it pretty good:rockwoot:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I can spot the Mustangs and Chargers a mile away but I know what to look for. Most of our motoring public don't see past their hoods. I have one of our gray patrol cars with a low-profile LED lightbar...many people don't even notice me and I'm fully marked. These replace the old Fox-body Mustangs and the Cameros they used to use.

I'm normally pretty good at spotting them too. When I used to work at a Ford dealership I worked on the one for Madison county on a fairly regular basis. These newer models are a little harder to spot but I can generally do it. I've been driving slower lately anyways. So I don't have to worry too much.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I got bored with 600 something in my last fun car haha.

Those Cobra blowers are pretty quiet but if they get ont he gas hard and your windows are down and the radio is not cranked you can hear it pretty good:rockwoot:

That's for sure. I love some good supercharger whine :D:rockwoot:

But of course I also love turbo spool:D
    And I will have one of those myself fairly soon :rockwoot:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I haven't seen any mustangs on 41 lately but the chargers are making a regular appearance. I did see a white charger with an IU license plate on the front that had a bike pulled over one day.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I'm pretty decent when it comes to mustangs. I am certain that the one that pulled me over was a blue and white cobra. Had the hood, badges, cobra on the cap, "shelby" text. When he came around a semi I though, what does this cobra want some? Turrns out he did...some of my money, and some points on my license.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I like N/A power (though i do love the whine/scream/spooling of sc/tc's) my buddy/boss has an '06 BMW M5.... the previous owner had some Dinan work on it... Think the dyno sheet has 572hp out of a 5.0 v10 N/A and a 7 speed SMG gearbox... all i can say is 4door FUN!

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    ISP bought 24 of them a couple of years ago. I believe each "Trooper of The Year" for each district got one. I could be wrong though. All the ToTY's for last year just got Chargers.

Also, be on the lookout... ISP is doing away with the white cars and is going back to the black and gold!

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    The cost is what prompted me to post. I know ISP needs a few "pursuit" cars to compliment the normal Chargers and what-not. I suppose that since your average consumer can get 400+ HP pretty easily now, ISP had to move up a notch.

What's the possibility that it really is a Shelby and they didn't pay for it, but rather it confiscated from a drug dealer or something.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    What's the possibility that it really is a Shelby and they didn't pay for it, but rather it confiscated from a drug dealer or something.

its not a dodge charger/challenger/300 or a hooptie on 22's.... id say doubtful but i could be wrong?
    dont shelbys have hood pins as the latches? i didnt see any in the picture?

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    There are about 4 or 5 runnin around up here with the state boys behind the wheel. There is a charger that runs on 30 with Texas plates and lights behind the glass. Not a bad way to spend tax payer dollars!

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    They need to make up their minds already!

They thought the lighter colored cars would reduce instances of Troops getting hit on the side of the road. This proved to be false, so now they're going back to the traditional scheme. The new ones are uglier though, instead of using gold stripes, they are more orange/yellow. Almost look tacky.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    They thought the lighter colored cars would reduce instances of Troops getting hit on the side of the road. This proved to be false, so now they're going back to the traditional scheme. The new ones are uglier though, instead of using gold stripes, they are more orange/yellow. Almost look tacky.

I don't know what cars you're looking at, but all the brand-spankin'-new ISP cruisers I'm seeing are white with blue stripes.:dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom