• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I like N/A power (though i do love the whine/scream/spooling of sc/tc's) my buddy/boss has an '06 BMW M5.... the previous owner had some Dinan work on it... Think the dyno sheet has 572hp out of a 5.0 v10 N/A and a 7 speed SMG gearbox... all i can say is 4door FUN!

Oh I love N/A power too! This will be my first turbo. All before have been n/a.

gotta do it. Page ownage!!!:rockwoot:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    It true the blue and white cobra is not really a cobra. It is a Shelby Cobra clone, the trooper that drives it/patrols the west side, his name is Troy. After the GT got wrecked within the first couple months of having it, it went to the body shop. Troy being a mustang guy, put in a request to have all the sleby stuff put on it and his request got accepted. It also has ford racing long tube headers and a few other mods. Troy is a pretty cool guy, and was in the parade up in Lebanon over 4th of July, with the Indianapolis Mustang Club.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    It true the blue and white cobra is not really a cobra. It is a Shelby Cobra clone, the trooper that drives it/patrols the west side, his name is Troy. After the GT got wrecked within the first couple months of having it, it went to the body shop. Troy being a mustang guy, put in a request to have all the sleby stuff put on it and his request got accepted. It also has ford racing long tube headers and a few other mods. Troy is a pretty cool guy, and was in the parade up in Lebanon over 4th of July, with the Indianapolis Mustang Club.

Good to know its not a real cobra ;)

I hope you're right though and someone on here doesn't end up finding out the hard way that it really is one. :):

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    :rolleyes: Just unmarked Crown Vic's but, OMG WTF! :rolleyes:

Police Cause Wreck Near Oolitic
    Last updated on Monday, July 19, 2010

(BEDFORD, IN) - Three Indiana State Police troopers were taken to a Bedford hospital following a chain-reaction car wreck involving their three unmarked police cars.
    According to police, officers are investigating why trooper David Barclay's unmarked Crown Victoria rear-ended a second unmarked police car as he approached a red light in a southbound lane of highway 37.
    The three Crown Victorias were towed from the scene and traffic was congested for about an hour, as that section of road was closed.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Driving on my way home tonight, on 69 South coming up on 96th, an umarked Chevy Tahoe with 20"-22" rims pulling someone over. DIDN'T see that one coming. The rest are pretty easy to eye.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    I don't know what cars you're looking at, but all the brand-spankin'-new ISP cruisers I'm seeing are white with blue stripes.:dunno:

Yep. I stand corrected. What I was referring to ended up being the 75th anniversary cars from 2008. They are black with a yellow stripe. For some reason, I've been seeing a lot of them lately, both from Bremen Post and Peru Post. I was told by someone that they were going back to the traditional black cars, so this is what I assumed had happened. Apparently not!

Keep watching out for white cars! :):

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    2010-shelby-gt500-3.jpg
    Ya'll can keep your Chargers, Challengers and Camaros...that is just sooooo bad. :D

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Kudos to the forum members for not turning this into a, "In my opinion this doesn't look like a police car, how can i legally shoot the approaching cop?" Usually these degrade quickly and i'm still amazed it hasn't.

Reference the mustang gt's. The state police were having problems with them as they don't have transmission coolers like crown vic interceptors ...they're not pursuit rated so cant sustain high speeds or repetitious fast/slow/fast/slow. The dodge chargers cost a lot more in maintenance as they need brakes at almost every oil change. When the troopers get their cars, they're allowed to add tint, stripes, pipes, superchargers, and what not but they have to pay for it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Kudos to the forum members for not turning this into a, "In my opinion this doesn't look like a police car, how can i legally shoot the approaching cop?" Usually these degrade quickly and i'm still amazed it hasn't.

Reference the mustang gt's. The state police were having problems with them as they don't have transmission coolers like crown vic interceptors ...they're not pursuit rated so cant sustain high speeds or repetitious fast/slow/fast/slow. The dodge chargers cost a lot more in maintenance as they need brakes at almost every oil change. When the troopers get their cars, they're allowed to add tint, stripes, pipes, superchargers, and what not but they have to pay for it.

I know a state trooper in Southern Texas and they tried the chargers out and they did not last long becaus eof the brakes.

The tranny cooler is an easy fix, aftermarket ones are cheap and easy to install but I don't know of any production car that does not have a tranny cooler that has an auto tranny..... they are built into the radiator unless that has changed.. having an auto tranny and no cooler is just dumb.

I have heard they can add stuff out of their own walled but it all has to be emmisions legal and stuff (might be different in non emmisions states)... I think it was the Texas State Police that at one point had a Busa or two...

Italy police have a few Lambo's for organ transportation...

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Whether or not it's a "Shelby" Mustang is up for debate...

But the fact remains that there is indeed a Blue w/ white racing striped ISP Mustang that has the Cobra badge just behind the front wheel on the passenger side.

Perhaps just an add-on "fooler", a reverse sleeper perhaps.

But it exists, for I've seen it too.... All lit up.

-J-

I've seen it. It had someone pulled over on 465 then caught up to me and passed me at a high rate of speed. It did have the cobra badging and also had "shelby" over the driverside tail light. I would lean towards it being a true shelby cuz when it passed me it didnt sound like a normal stang, it had an exotic exhaust note.

mmfp_0703_02_z+2007_shelby_GT500_mustang+badge.jpg

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I've seen it. It had someone pulled over on 465 then caught up to me and passed me at a high rate of speed. It did have the cobra badging and also had "shelby" over the driverside tail light. I would lean towards it being a true shelby cuz when it passed me it didnt sound like a normal stang, it had an exotic exhaust note.

See post number 42.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I pulled out of a gas station yesterday on my bike, and saw a bunch of cars barrelling down on me. I nailed the throttle to get up to speed and not get run over. At about 55mph, I look in my mirror, and what do I see coming up on my 6? A brown Dodge minivan! I think great, another soccer mom wanting to race a bright red sport bike. NOPE! Dearborn County Sheriff. Talk about sneaky. Who'd that guy **** off to get stuck driving that thing?

Didn't get pulled over since all I did was run up to speed, then get off the gas, but sure took me a second to figure out.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I was down around Indy again today. Saw a bunch of IMPD crown vics, along with some unmarked ones, and a state trooper on a motorcycle. But only saw one silver mustang cop. And yes he had someone pulled over. Sadly didn't see the Shelby lookalike :( Even if I did I didn't have to worry. Was with dad in his truck and he was driving. I don't even know if we even went over speed limit the whole trip, lol.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I say we all drive like idiots until someone gets a picture of this thing. Otherwise its the loch ness monster as far as im concerned.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Driving on my way home tonight, on 69 South coming up on 96th, an umarked Chevy Tahoe with 20"-22" rims pulling someone over. DIDN'T see that one coming. The rest are pretty easy to eye.

I've seen this too except it was in Shelburn (Sullivan County). Did you notice if it had a pin stripe down the side?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I saw the GT500 earlier this week between lebanon and the 65/465 split. The car costs $50k new, I'm not sure how much extra money went into to making it a police car. I wonder the justification for this toy is? Helluva way to flaunt traffic ticket revenue.

Top Bottom