• HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wish we could clone Justice Thomas.

View attachment 207759
    He is right. They are all properly state law issues, not constitutional issues.

That being said, just because the state has the power to regulate, doesn't mean it should. Refraining from enacting too many laws and laws that are too intrusive promotes freedom. Further, when states overregulate, they encourage the federal government though courts, legislatures or executive action, to invent clever new ways to enlarge its own power. Restraint.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

That being said, just because the state has the power to regulate, doesn't mean it should. Refraining from enacting too many laws and laws that are too intrusive promotes freedom. Further, when states overregulate, they encourage the federal government though courts, legislatures or executive action, to invent clever new ways to enlarge its own power. Restraint.
    When a man governs himself, he leaves no room for the government to do it for him.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

0e505162-117e-4184-8020-2e506df31b4b_text.gif

lol j/k I know the difference

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Gonna be a long hot summer. Pelosi fanning flames now...
    Controversial legal decisions released on a Friday* always result in direct actions by those militantly opposed. Considering the amount of Intel spread by the alphabet bois, state and local Intel units and OSINT, I’d say we’re in for a fun weekend for sure.

(*Conveniently released on a Friday)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Will Indiana republicans have the moral fortitude to do the right thing?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I will say it again. This is why a SCOTUS filled with Constitution originalists matter. This Nation has lived through 90 years of a leftist SCOTUS which was far too often an activist second element of the legislature. Where relevance to the powers authorized by the Constitution, or prohibited by it (looking at you 9th and 10th Amendments) the court should rule solely on the words of the Constitution and the contemporary works which flesh out the meaning at the time.

Now, if you want to save this Nation, and maybe restore it a little there is a desperate need to elect a Congress with a constitutionalist majority and a next President who is a constitutionalist. You will find none in the Democratic Party, and far too little in the Republican Party.

Given time, and a court which isn't halfway to communist, all kinds of good things could happen. Like invalidating United States Vs. Miller...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    An interesting note on how this is being "covered" on Twitter (at least in my feed).

I don't follow anyone nor do I have any followers so the algorithm may not being showing content based on my habits, preferences. When I click on the "trending" topic for this ruling I see a feed of all of the tweets from news outlets covering this. The first 23 posts shown were from leftist outlets. The first even slightly conservative source was Fox News at #24.

Nah, there's no bias against conservatives on Twitter. Not at all.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't believe in coincidence. The BS Communities Act hit the same day as NYSRPA v Bruen. This the next day.

Over/under on first arson during a peaceful protest: 1230 today.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Would I need to put a tin foil hat on to wonder aloud if the Democrats are hoping for justices to be killed so they can change the complexion of the Supreme Court?

Top Bottom