• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unfortunately, too many believers are too uneducated to be able to give a reasonable defense of their beliefs or have been told they need to be nice, shut up, and not live their faith in all spheres of life.
    Exactly! Mention God in most threads and some will try to herd you into the religion threads, ignorant of the fact of how much our beliefs are central to every aspect of our life

I resist that screed

"No one puts baby in the corner"

Most who are not religious just allow it to roll off their INGO-thickened skin but some are so filled with hatred they cannot let it go. Those often turn out to bat for the other team, in my experience

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unfortunately, too many believers are too uneducated to be able to give a reasonable defense of their beliefs or have been told they need to be nice, shut up, and not live their faith in all spheres of life.

See, thats the thing. Faith by definition relies on a belief that you cant explicitly prove. If you could prove it, it wouldnt be faith but fact. And that is where the non believers fail. They want spiritual faith to be spiritual fact before they believe. But it doesnt work that way.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    See, thats the thing. Faith by definition relies on a belief that you cant explicitly prove. If you could prove it, it wouldnt be faith but fact. And that is where the non believers fail. They want spiritual faith to be spiritual fact before they believe. But it doesnt work that way.
    Faith is jumping off of the cliff and building your wings on the way down :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Exactly! Mention God in most threads and some will try to herd you into the religion threads, ignorant of the fact of how much our beliefs are central to every aspect of our life

I resist that screed

"No one puts baby in the corner"

Most who are not religious just allow it to roll off their INGO-thickened skin but some are so filled with hatred they cannot let it go. Those often turn out to bat for the other team, in my experience
    That reminds me of this.
    1652052066720.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, while I admit that I am uneducated when it comes to Biblical intricacies (I am in awe of some of the folks that immediately know which chapter and verse to go to though!), I just try and be respectful, pleasant, open-minded and yet still remain true to my faith.

You know, we hear the term "intent" thrown around a lot in the context of criminal acts. In terms of faith, my personal belief is that intent does matter. By that, I mean that my intent is to be a good person, treat others with kindness, and one that, when my time here on earth is done, will be remembered fondly by the people that I've interacted with. I think there's enough overlap there to make God smile. :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It does say to study the word so when someone asks you can give a proper answer.
    That is a lot of study. I'm sure there are some people out there that can give you a scripture response to many questions.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For that money it should have an iron clad provenance to somebody famous, or maybe an extra zero was added by mistake. Either way I hope the gardener doesn't see that.;)
    See, I like to show DoggyMama the really expensive guns that I occasionally run across on Gunbroker and such. It gives me the opportunity to say, "See honey? Aren't you glad I don't spend this much on guns??"

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    See, I like to show DoggyMama the really expensive guns that I occasionally run across on Gunbroker and such. It gives me the opportunity to say, "See honey? Aren't you glad I don't spend this much on guns??"

I always point out to the gardener the ones I don't buy, I think it helps when I do buy something.

After 43 years, I don't get much guff.;)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It does say to study the word so when someone asks you can give a proper answer.
    That is a lot of study. I'm sure there are some people out there that can give you a scripture response to many questions.
    Surprisingly, it doesn’t take all that much scholarly effort to understand the failings of most of the non-believer’s arguments we hear most. I’ll admit I’m a lazy reader. There are resources out there that help even people like me become better educated. :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, that’s always good for a eye-rolling (“dream on”) laugh from Mrs GFGT too.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I always point out to the gardener the ones I don't buy, I think it helps when I do buy something.

After 43 years, I don't get much guff.;)
    Recently, I got the “how many more guns to you need?” question. I told her it’s not a question of ”need”, it’s that there’s always another that I don’t have yet. ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Recently, I got the “how many more guns to you need?” question. I told her it’s not a question of ”need”, it’s that there’s always another that I don’t have yet. ;)
    I think that's what ultimately lead to my .32 acp gun buying frenzy. They were small, easy to conceal in closets, dresser drawers, etc.. :lmfao:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Wrong we are founded on Judeo-Christian ideals. If you've ever read our history, and been to Washington DC you would see it about everywhere you go.
    are you sure?

3888.jpg

Top Bottom