• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This really isn’t a religion bashing thread. People believe stuff you don’t for reasons you don’t agree with. Accept that and move on. The ideas you have that are ideologically derived are no less full of **** than anyone else’s.
    So what's the non-religious argument against abortion in the first few weeks of pregnancy? Or something like Plan B emergency contraception? Because last time I checked, the United States of America is not a Christian theocracy, despite the stringent desire of some to make it so.

Ever been so "pro-life" that you'll kill to prove it?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    So what's the non-religious argument against abortion in the first few weeks of pregnancy? Or something like Plan B emergency contraception? Because last time I checked, the United States of America is not a Christian theocracy, despite the stringent desire of some to make it so.

How can abortion be legal when someone can be charged with the death of an unborn child due to an auto accident? I would say it should be the other way round. The abortion has intent to kill and an accident would lack that intent. Intent has a large roll in our laws.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

At least in the US, we have a right to “life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.“ That first point alone would make it wrong. Just like I don’t have a right to shoot you in the face because I don’t want you around making my life harder than it “needs“ to be.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At the very least these threads inevitably have the atheists digging into scripture even though it's to try and throw it back in peoples faces lol, and always the Old Testament.
    FIFY. The New Testament is too lovey for them. They gotta go to the stuff before Jesus said "Forget that way. I am the captain, now."

Its like somebody constantly digging up stuff from your past as if you still do it today. (but you dont)

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Why do conservatives so dumb to play liberals' games? What do you actually win if abortion is banned(it won't because on Roe v. Wade). Abortion is one way to warm up the liberal voter base, specially the suburban women. All of sudden the heat on Biden's back is off, nobody talks about how bad of a situation he's got our country into. They want abortion to be a bigger issue, but sure don't feed fuel to their fire.

Stop focusing on abortion, Roe v. Wade is about the federal government overtaking individual state's rights to govern themselves.

I want better life for the later generations, it has to come through the ballot box. Don't rely on one or two justices to change the outcome of state's rights, because they can overturn it today, they can also reinstate it tomorrow.

Abortions have been around for decades, a lot of liberty minded people, specially the younger generation, don't care about it, and in REALITY it will not disappear because RvW is overturned.

I care about the inflation, the economy, illegal immigration, drugs coming over the boarder. I want to get rid of the Dept of Education, the ATF, the IRS, the EPA. All of which, are more important the abortions. I spoke with few 20-30 year olds after the news broke, none of them gives a flying F$%^ about abortions, but they do want to keep their hard earned money and their guns.

Educate the public, get RvW overturned so we can take back the state's rights. Abortion is just gonna be a bonus.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    1) I think the number is closer to 1%.

2) Regardless of the number it doesn’t matter. 1% of a lot is a lot. It’s a gotcha question but your answer would just be seen as a deflection. Not a bad one as deflections go.

3) there isn’t a good answer to that question. If you have a world view that regards abortion as murder, any answer to the rape question that doesn’t treat abortion as murder makes you inconsistent. But saying that it should be illegal even after rape is only socially acceptable to religious conservatives. So pretty much you have to deflect.
    It also wouldn't play well as an answer to the gotcha, but I think it is kind of like the hand washing that goes on on the libertarian right

It will still likely be easy for those women to go to a state that welcomes abortion but those who outlaw it can feel that they do not condone it and their hands are clean

Anyone who can't afford to travel for an abortion perhaps should be more careful and plan better. Don't do the crime deed if you can't do the time handle the seed

I think to carve out an exception for rape, without requiring charges to be filed and evidence taken for a rape kit, is to invite endless end runs around the law in the manner of how the 'women's health' exceptions were abused

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This really isn’t a religion bashing thread. People believe stuff you don’t for reasons you don’t agree with. Accept that and move on. The ideas you have that are ideologically derived are no less full of **** than anyone else’s.
    The system does not allow me to like this post enough

One would think in this day people would not be so arrogant about following what they believe is 'the science'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We might take the terrorists to McStinks on occasion for a happy meal (They love it) and I might get some fries that’s it for us.
    But moms/Dads still feed the kids supper from the place as is evident from the drive through at dinner.
    I'm only at MickeyD's a couple times a year, usually because I'm on the road and just want a quick breakfast

I've learned that you can go to the drivethru and there will be someone to take your order and you can still use cash, so some of the people in that line might just not want to **** with the lame technology

If a dining room is open, I just park and take my food inside

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

But where would we be without arrogant know-it-all d-bags on INGO?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Being one who considers what one does is his/her matter i personally don’t care either way on roe verse wade. I would never abort a child but being male I will never become pregnant. I never stuck my d1ck into some skank without protection on my part. So all my children were welcomed with open arms and any I may have had in my youthful adventures have never let me know of the outcome so to speak.

If you want to make abortive procedure's nationally available then pass a law in congress let the president sign it and then have the court take it up on constitutional merits.

Having a court case decide national policy over a states rights question to me is the key to the whole thing. I think that was basically what was leaked but I never read the matter myself. I also see the other side as it is easier to keep something as it is rather than change things in the future.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It isn't a Democracy, either. So what is the argument against states rights to determine the question for themselves? That you can't get your way everywhere all the time?

It isn't that most women won't be able to get an abortion, it just won't be as convenient as dropping off the dry cleaning - and perhaps ending a human life should be a bit more difficult

Edit: Just like voting should be

Top Bottom