• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    For that money it should have an iron clad provenance to somebody famous, or maybe an extra zero was added by mistake. Either way I hope the gardener doesn't see that.;)

Best I can do is $1000.00. I’m going to have to get it framed and there are auction fees. Let me call a guy that’s an expert on 1900 colts to give me an estimate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    NUH-UHHHH!!! ITS AN OUTRIGHT BAN! DONT YOU UNDERSTAND!?!?!?!
    inauguration_scream.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Secular reasoning should be the default, because we are not a nation of one belief or religion. For that, one is free to change his domicile to one of the bastions of liberty in the middle east, where religion rules supreme.
    Secular reasoning is my choice. I don't care what yours is or there's or why. And it's not one religion. It's many. And everyone who has a belief uses that belief to inform his choices in the world, and even who to vote for. This is a nation which has freedom of thought, and that includes religious thought. If you don't like that then you're the one who is free to change your domicile to one of those atheist nations which don't allow religious thinking.

That people can use their religious beliefs to inform their voting is a byproduct of a free nation. You'll probably need to deal with it. At least until the woke clownworld completely takes over the sane one.

Somebody once tried to convince me that we are all doomed to a place of eternal torment, and can only be saved by eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a Jewish zombie who is not only his own father, born from a teenage virgin, but the source of the condemnation...and that this is all because a rib-woman was tricked into eating an apple from a magic tree by a talking snake.

Yeah, I'll take my chance on who is full of ****.

:):

The thing about whether you're full of **** or not, that's an issue of reality and our ability to perceive it. Secular reasoning seems to be a better way to determine an objective perspective of reality, but it's not always right either. Just like Christians aren't always wrong about reality. They've made some great contributions to the world of knowledge. If you insist on denying that fact then I have to assume that you're no better, being ideologically possessed rather than religiously possessed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wrong we are founded on Judeo-Christian ideals. If you've ever read our history, and been to Washington DC you would see it about everywhere you go.
    I think it would be more accurate to say that the founders were greatly influenced by Judaeo-Christian ideals, among others. There's a lot of Greek-Roman philosophy in there too. But, I think it's fair to say that the nation built by the founders would be a lot different without Judaeo-Christian ideals.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think it would be more accurate to say that the founders were greatly influenced by Judaeo-Christian ideals, among others. There's a lot of Greek-Roman philosophy in there too. But, I think it's fair to say that the nation built by the founders would be a lot different without Judaeo-Christian ideals.
    THIS. Give this book a read. Its an easy read and VERY enlightening.

Amazon product ASIN 0880801484
    I think its valuable bookshelf material. Something to loan out. So spend the extra 4 bucks and get paperback over kindle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't know about that. It seems that the really vocal ones are just pseudo-intellectuals that take pleasure in ridiculing others, thinking it somehow proves they are superior.

They are also quick to point out that the seeming discrepancy between different belief systems is just a "My God is bigger than your God!" thing. They don't seem to realize that they're engaging in the same behavior. "My non-god is bigger than your God!"
    It's just unearned smugness.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly! Mention God in most threads and some will try to herd you into the religion threads, ignorant of the fact of how much our beliefs are central to every aspect of our life

I resist that screed

"No one puts baby in the corner"

Most who are not religious just allow it to roll off their INGO-thickened skin but some are so filled with hatred they cannot let it go. Those often turn out to bat for the other team, in my experience
    If a thread becomes just overt proselytizing, come on. There are threads for that. I mean. I can roll my eyes through those posts, but then I have to take the time to. But, if it's just someone presenting some point of view on a topic from the perspective of his religion, fair game. Just don't be surprised if non-religious people push back. To your point though, the PaulF's need to calm the **** down when religion is brought up, especially in the context of how one's religion affects their worldview.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, thats the thing. Faith by definition relies on a belief that you cant explicitly prove. If you could prove it, it wouldnt be faith but fact. And that is where the non believers fail. They want spiritual faith to be spiritual fact before they believe. But it doesnt work that way.
    Since we're talking about it respectfully, that's exactly why I'm a non-believer. I don't like to commit things to belief until I have a reasoned basis for it. I mean it doesn't have to be a fact. Sometimes strong intuition leads to belief and sometimes that works out and sometimes it don't. But faith? Nah.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Faith is jumping off of the cliff and building your wings on the way down :)
    I'd say that's a cocky SOB who has the confidence in his fabrication skills to jump off a cliff and then build the means to escape death on the way down. I'd be very impressed unless there was an anti-climactic splat. Then I'd just chalk it up to folly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Since we're talking about it respectfully, that's exactly why I'm a non-believer. I don't like to commit things to belief until I have a reasoned basis for it. I mean it doesn't have to be a fact. Sometimes strong intuition leads to belief and sometimes that works out and sometimes it don't. But faith? Nah.
    I respect that.

But here is another way to look at it. If I believe, do good, and I'm wrong, I'm not out anything in the end. If I dont believe, I'm out EVERYTHING in the end.

And its not about scare tactics. Just another way to look at it. If you want to JUST be a good person and do good, good for you. Ive got no problem with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    THIS. Give this book a read. Its an easy read and VERY enlightening.

Amazon product ASIN 0880801484
    I think its valuable bookshelf material. Something to loan out. So spend the extra 4 bucks and get paperback over kindle.
    I was gonna post a :scratch: because there was nothing but space that showed up, but in quoting your post I can see what looks like part of an ISBN. Googling it, The Thousand Year Leap? Is that it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I respect that.

But here is another way to look at it. If I believe, do good, and I'm wrong, I'm not out anything in the end. If I dont believe, I'm out EVERYTHING in the end.

And its not about scare tactics. Just another way to look at it. If you want to JUST be a good person and do good, good for you. Ive got no problem with that.
    Yeah, I know all the arguments. I used to make them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was gonna post a :scratch: because there was nothing but space that showed up, but in quoting your post I can see what looks like part of an ISBN. Googling it, The Thousand Year Leap? Is that it?
    the 5000 year leap by W. Cleon Skousen

Your ad blocker is eating the amazon links.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    lol. sometimes I forget that thing is even there. It's a must for youtube videos anymore.
    Just add INGO to the allow list and its all good. Everywhere else will still block ads. Took me forever to figure out why I couldnt see the amazon links people were posting here.

Top Bottom