Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0OWQCkcVc[/ame]

[STRIKE]
    15 shells in a double barrel. look like a star wars blaster.
    [/STRIKE]

Correction:
    The SG has a single barrel but 2 shell holder tubes each of which holds 7 rounds. So you have 7 + 7 + 1 (in chamber) for a total of 15 rounds. It is a manual swtich that the operator uses to switch between tubes. So you could have one tube filled with slugs & the other with 00 bucket and fire all 7 00 bucket and then flip to slugs or switch between the two provided you keep flipping the switch.

Looks like a star wars blaster

Last edited:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    it is cool looking! judging by that video it would really take some practice to get comfortable with switching magazines/tubes. is it me or does that handle on the front looks like it doesnt work that well and is un natural?

jake

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Don't know if it's true, but a couple of months ago I was considering getting on a waiting list for the Beretta Nano 9mm. I called a shop that showed a cheap price online for the Nano and asked about getting on the list. I started the conversation with:

"Can you tell me how the long the waiting list is for the Nano?"

She laughed when saying it was short and only a few dozen deep. "Nothing like the Keltec KSG! We have about 700 in line for that already."

If that's an indication, it should be wildly popular if they can work the kinks from it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    it is cool looking! judging by that video it would really take some practice to get comfortable with switching magazines/tubes. is it me or does that handle on the front looks like it doesnt work that well and is un natural?

jake

The way I understand how it is supposed to work, it automatically picks off one round alternating between the tubes.

Going to be a really interesting thing to play with. I have to give Kel-tec credit for coming out with some really interesting stuff!!!!

klabere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    North Liberty
    Kel-tec has some interesting firearms, I'm not sure this one has the right idea yet, looks far too cumbersome. I'll stick with my 7+1 mossberg 500 for now.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The way I understand how it is supposed to work, it automatically picks off one round alternating between the tubes.
    I had actually heard differently, I heard you have to manually switch the tubes so you could carry 00 buck in one and slugs in the other and switch fast.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I had actually heard differently, I heard you have to manually switch the tubes so you could carry 00 buck in one and slugs in the other and switch fast.

What would be really cool is to have the option of loading each side differently and being able to select which side you wanted, and also have a switch to allow the shotgun to automatically pick up from either side.

Might as will wish for the best of both worlds! :yesway:

And the answer from Kel-tec is you are correct, that you have to manually select the side. I am pretty sure I saw a prototype that was set up to alternate pickup sides but guess they opted for the easier, probably more reliable, definitely cheaper way.

Kel-Tec said:
    The simple and reliable pump action feeds from either the left or right tube. The feed side is manually selected by a lever located behind the trigger guard. The lever can be positioned in the center detent in order to easily clear the chamber without feeding another round from either magazine.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    ive never owned a keltec, they always seemed junky and well they are cheap and you get what you pay for sometimes. but they do have some cool looking stuff! and if someone could do it right! i would be all over something like that

jake

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    OP: Just to clear up any confusion, It is a single barrel gun, it just has 2 magazine tubes, each one holds 7 rounds.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Kel-tec has some interesting firearms, I'm not sure this one has the right idea yet, looks far too cumbersome. I'll stick with my 7+1 mossberg 500 for now.

But while you are busy reloading after 8 shots cause you missed me. I still have 7 shots to get you cause I too missed you with the first 8 since I'm a bad shot as well.;) :laugh:

The forward grip looks like it's going to fall off on that video.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I am on a waiting list for one at a $620 quoted price tag OTD. Just like most everything, MSRP is usually 20-25% or so higher than actual. They should be released shortly before the new year, if KT keeps to schedule. Hard telling when they will become readily available of course; their RFB rifle has been out for a couple of years now and they still are incapable of keeping up with the high demand.

There have been several LE departments around the country doing T&E's with them and have given it rave reviews from what I have read.

The gun does NOT automatically strip from alternating tubes. There is a selector switch that must be manually changed between tubes to select which one you want.
    Initially, there will be a training curve to reloading and the battery of arms due to the unconventional location (it is a bullpup after all), but it is apparently something that is quickly overcome with use.

My :twocents::D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

At an msrp of $800 for the kel tec, you could just about spend the same for a saiga 12 with a 20 gauge round drum!

Yes but the Saiga is lllooonnngggeeerrr!
    Although the Saiga is so much MORE fun to shoot with a drum since it's semi-auto. :ar15:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    and knowing keltec's production schedule...the ksg 12 was announced at the shot show last january...so you might be able to buy one next july....MIGHT

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Yeah, watching the video it leaves me far from impressed. The fact the operator has to go click, flip a switch, hit a bolt release to cycle the action then pump a round in... yeah, try doing that with someone shooting at you.

While it might not be ideal for military and police work, it will still be attractive to the civilian shooting public which is hungry for unique designs such as this. You have to admit, a bullpup shotgun is a neat idea that's long over due. I'm just not sold on the execution of this one.

H

hosborn

It looks interesting.
    I would buy one in the $500-$600 range but not the $800MSRP.

Top Bottom