• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    east side indy
    ive never owned a keltec, they always seemed junky and well they are cheap and you get what you pay for sometimes. but they do have some cool looking stuff! and if someone could do it right! i would be all over something like that

jake
    I couldn't agree more.If remington made it I would get one asap.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Hello..............McFly.......

SRMArms.com - SRM Arms
    I'm sure that works great if you remember to count rounds. Its when you pull the trigger 5 times vs. 4 then things might get a little clumsy. It also seems to work great if you fire 4 shots every time you engage a target. If you fire two or three shots, now you're left with one or two rounds in the mag before you have to manually rotate it. Most people in a bad situation would want to have a full 4 rounds at the ready so they would want to rotate the magazine to the next full tube before the next threat appears. Now you have partially full tubes spread out which will further complicate things.

I don't think the designers of that shotgun thought things through completely.

Last edited:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I'm sure that works great if you remember to count rounds. Its when you pull the trigger 5 times vs. 4 that things might get a little clumsy. It also seem to work great if you fire 4 shots every time you engage a target. If you fire two or three shots, now you're left with one or two rounds in the mag before you have to manually rotate it. Most people in a bad situation would want to have a full 4 rounds at the ready so they would want to rotate the magazine to the next full tube before the next threat appears. Now you have partially full tubes spread out which will further complicate things.

I don't think the designers of that shotgun thought things through completely.

I'm sorry I have to call BS, Its a new platform and I would train and learn to be proficient with it. Your talking like some guy grabbin up a gun that has never fired one before. I don't see all the issues as to use that people keep bringing up. If its my new gun I am going to be able to work it....

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    It sounds like TAG had similar issues that the SI guys had in terms of short stroking and reliability.

Kel-Tec’s molding a plastic “stopper” to idiot-proof the gun. This idiot short stroked the KSG even with my support hand in the proper position. When attempting to unload the KSG for transport, I somehow managed to get a shell behind the ramp that feeds the shells into the barrel(s). I sorted it out by tipping the KSG on its nose, prising the ramp away from the back of the gun with a knife, and shoving the shell back into the tube from whence it sprang. Not a combat recommended procedure.

I'm really not all that impressed with the shotgun at this point. It might be a good starting point conceptually, but this particular design seems to have some issues.

I will pick one up when I can to evaluate for myself, but I've read many comments by people I respect who have handled it that have mentioned similar issues to those pointed out by Cedartop.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    It sounds like TAG had similar issues that the SI guys had in terms of short stroking and reliability.

I'm really not all that impressed with the shotgun at this point. It might be a good starting point conceptually, but this particular design seems to have some issues.

I will pick one up when I can to evaluate for myself, but I've read many comments by people I respect who have handled it that have mentioned similar issues to those pointed out by Cedartop.

I don't know. I can not discount this shotgun. I want to because its a Kel Tech and I know that Kel Tech in general sucks, but the pluses of this shotgun make me have to at least wish that it will be of good quality...

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm sorry I have to call BS, Its a new platform and I would train and learn to be proficient with it. Your talking like some guy grabbin up a gun that has never fired one before. I don't see all the issues as to use that people keep bringing up. If its my new gun I am going to be able to work it....
    That's funny, I could say the same about you.

Yes, you can learn to work any firearm. I never said you couldn't. However some are easier to work than others. There are also good designs and bad designs (I'm not saying the one above is bad, mind you). This isn't a kiddy soccer game where everyone is a winner and there are no losers. In reality things either sink or swim, and there are winners and losers.

Given what I've seen in video of that system being used, it's more of a novelty. We'll see, if every cop shop in the US picks them up and the Marines replace their M1014's with them, I'll personally mail you a check for $10. Meanwhile, my bet is that it will be relegated to the footnote section of firearms history.

Last edited:

Robertson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    I am having a great time with this KSG. I have ran just over 2,000 rounds through it. It is one of the "handiest" firearms I have ever handled.
    100_1850.jpg

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I like the part ...

... where it's ambydextreeous, and all polymer. Introduction of a "new" sort of gun reminds me of the old "Tupper-ware" GLOCKS, which seem to be catching on now. I WANT a KSG!

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    It is either a hoax or a test weapon.
    I don't know when or where he got it because this is the last notice I have seen from Kel-Tec.

"Hello from Kel-Tec!
    We have been receiving an abnormally large number of calls pertaining specifically to seeing the KSG for sale on sites like Gunbroker.com.
    The bottom line is this: they are hoaxes. Kel-Tec has not shipped any weapons that are allowed to be sold. Up until this point all weapons shipped are for testing and evaluation purposes only and any testers caught selling a testing weapon will be dealt with on our end.
    We have personally investigated all instances of KSGs being sold online and have deemed them all to be untrue. We caution the public to be wary of these sales as they do not have the product to provide to the winner of these auctions.
    When the KSG starts shipping to distributors for resale we will make an announcement here on the site to let everyone know."

As of today, there is still no announcement that they are ready for sale.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I am having a great time with this KSG. I have ran just over 2,000 rounds through it. It is one of the "handiest" firearms I have ever handled.
    100_1850.jpg
    For the sake of disclosure, you may want to tell people what percentage of Keltec you own. Why did a poor bird have to die? Why? WHY!

Top Bottom