• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I believe the real estate case with Kav's mother as judge ended with Ford's parents keeping their home, so I don't think it's a vendetta thing. Also, I think Ford may be well enough educated to be able to fake a hypnosis session, if that's even possible.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Of course it does, we are all so blessed to have Carmel's poo spread across the rest of the state. How else could we grow such healthy corrupt redevelopment commissions?

I have always believed Carmelians thought their s**t don't stink.:laugh:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Of course it does, we are all so blessed to have Carmel's poo spread across the rest of the state. How else could we grow such healthy corrupt redevelopment commissions?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Whoa.

That "corruption" was brilliantly conceived (not by me) and, to my knowledge, remains legal. Or at least, unprosecuted. Heck, in all meaningful ways, uninvestigated.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Whoa.

That "corruption" was brilliantly conceived (not by me) and, to my knowledge, remains legal. Or at least, unprosecuted. Heck, in all meaningful ways, uninvestigated.
    Years ago I did some research on it, at that time IIRC most violations of the statute were a C felony, despite not being part of the criminal code. It was amazing how you could do everything prohibited by the statute, as long as you washed it through a shell corporation which shared a majority of its board with the commission.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Years ago I did some research on it, at that time IIRC most violations of the statute were a C felony, despite not being part of the criminal code. It was amazing how you could do everything prohibited by the statute, as long as you washed it through a shell corporation which shared a majority of its board with the commission.

Dude.

You and I are of a like mind, I think.

Problem is, look at all the bright shiny things we have (financed by future, unquantifiable revenue). And all the complicated entities. And words that mean different things in different sections, and, well... eh... there's easier stuff to go after, with a higher chance of not risking one's reputation if it turns out that there's enough legal complexity to arise to reasonable doubt.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Dude.

You and I are of a like mind, I think.

Problem is, look at all the bright shiny things we have (financed by future, unquantifiable revenue). And all the complicated entities. And words that mean different things in different sections, and, well... eh... there's easier stuff to go after, with a higher chance of not risking one's reputation if it turns out that there's enough legal complexity to arise to reasonable doubt.

At this point, I don't think that it is remediable under the current statute. If a damn had been given when the shell game started, one probably could have, but at this point it is business as usual for most of the state.

At this point, I think it actually requires a legislative fix, but there is a lot of ("Republican") money standing in the way of that.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Does that go both directions?

I mean, how often are Dems labelled as "evil" or the functional equivalent ("Demoncrats," treasonous, etc.) around here?

I don’t see the violent rhetoric (and actions) like “chop off their dicks and feed it to them” concerning judges selected for the Supreme Court coming from the right in this country.

Maybe I missed it when Kagan and Sotomayor were nominated and seated... but I don’t believe so. (dicks not withstanding)

There is a difference, I know you see it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    At this point, I don't think that it is remediable under the current statute. If a damn had been given when the shell game started, one probably could have, but at this point it is business as usual for most of the state.

At this point, I think it actually requires a legislative fix, but there is a lot of ("Republican") money standing in the way of that.

Add to that people like their old, delapedated train depots relocated and spruced up, new bike paths, and their downtown facades all spruced up with that "free" government money...not many of either party are in a mood to "fix" it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Uh oh

The t messages coming out that Kavanaugh was trying to get ahead of the New Yorker article

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Add to that people like their old, delapedated train depots relocated and spruced up, new bike paths, and their downtown facades all spruced up with that "free" government money...not many of either party are in a mood to "fix" it.
    You can still do all those things via the normal funding mechanisms, but then you are accountable to the voters depending on how much you are spending. It's so much simpler when you get to spend their tax dollars without them having any meaningful say so.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don’t see the violent rhetoric (and actions) like “chop off their dicks and feed it to them” concerning judges selected for the Supreme Court coming from the right in this country.

Maybe I missed it when Kagan and Sotomayor were nominated and seated... but I don’t believe so. (dicks not withstanding)

There is a difference, I know you see it.
    Stop it. Take your dressing down like a man. You radical Ingo’er.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You can still do all those things via the normal funding mechanisms, but then you are accountable to the voters depending on how much you are spending. It's so much simpler when you get to spend their tax dollars without them having any meaningful say so.

Exactly.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Is the Hippocampus at Hippo University? Ever notice how psychology and complete bull**** sound alike? The difference being the letters after ones names?

There is a big difference between real psychology and what is portrayed as psychology by the media, in movies, and on tv. Much of what you see there is pure BS regardless of the letters after anyone's name. The psychologists that lend any credence to the theory of repressed memories are a distinct minority in the field, it is simply not supported by credible evidence.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom