• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wait a second fellas. Just because many of us on both sides of the political spectrum see the Kavanaugh kangaroo lynching as a travesty, doesn't mean Trump is doing a great job. Latest polls say that 53% disapprove of the job Trump is doing. So, "anti-trump" is really "majority of Americans".

Let's get that straight.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

After almost everyone was wrong about the 2016 election, I now believe polls are designed to shape public opinion, not report it.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    It is completely embarrassing at all angles. The whole thing is a Circus complete with clowns and Monkeys. Yes I said monkeys.
    As my dear Polish babcia would say, "Nie moj cyrk. Nie moje malpy", meaning, "Not my circus. Not my monkeys."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Doesn't matter if you agree or not. The media elected Trump because they gave him so much free publicity. Millions. Now they're pissed because they didn't want him, just the dollars he could generate by reporting on him.

But now the dollars are there because half the country doesn't like him, and those that do will read the articles to see what bad things are being said about him. Win/win for the media.

Another 5 or 6 weeks, we'll see what it all means.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Seriously, there is a level of hate out there I have never seen.

And it goes both ways.

We have reached a point in our political discourse where we don't just talk about those we disagree with as being wrong, instead they are treasonous, racists, terrorists, even plain old evil.

Blame Trump, blame Obama, blame the press, blame social media. Point at the other side and say, they did it first, or they do it worse. It doesn't matter.

Painting your opponents with the colorful adjectives, once reserved for the worst of humanity, isn't productive and never ends well. But here we are.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doesn't matter if you agree or not. The media elected Trump because they gave him so much free publicity. Millions. Now they're pissed because they didn't want him, just the dollars he could generate by reporting on him.

But now the dollars are there because half the country doesn't like him, and those that do will read the articles to see what bad things are being said about him. Win/win for the media.

I disagree. I think the media would LOVE to have a Trump second term. I image that viewship for all things concerning Trump is up over just about else.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I disagree. I think the media would LOVE to have a Trump second term. I image that viewship for all things concerning Trump is up over just about else.

I agree with that. They want it, but they have to maintain "purity" by setting themselves against him.

It's kinda like my branch of the profession. I defend med-mal suits, so while I can decry the frivolous and harmful lawsuits that greedy plaintiffs' attorney trump up (he, he), I profit from them. I get to look like I hate these lawsuits, thereby currying my client's favor (but I really do hate them), but in the end, it profits me that they keep on getting filed. I am, however, doing nothing to encourage them to be filed.

Likewise, I think the media is doing what it is doing in being so anti-Trump, not to get him a second term, but to be seen as being "on the right side of history". However, I'm sure they are aware that the ire they are gathering to themselves from some quarters helps Trump with those people....but they don't want​ to be liked by the deplorables. It's enough that they watch and froth at the mouth.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And it goes both ways.

We have reached a point in our political discourse where we don't just talk about those we disagree with as being wrong, instead they are treasonous, racists, terrorists, even plain old evil.

Blame Trump, blame Obama, blame the press, blame social media. Point at the other side and say, they did it first, or they do it worse. It doesn't matter.

Painting your opponents with the colorful adjectives, once reserved for the worst of humanity, isn't productive and never ends well. But here we are.

I could not agree more.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And it goes both ways.

Welp

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ghuns again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This was posted in the funny pics thread, but I thought it would make more sense to discuss it here.

Did her testimony include when they started renting out their master bedroom? Has that come up?

I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that something did actually happen to her, but that she was confused about who did it. However, this tilts me towards the whole thing being a lie. It makes absolutely no sense that she went from having to have a second door because of her rape fears to "let's rent out that room with the second door to total strangers." It's far more believable that the purpose of the second door with street access was always for the purpose of renting out the room.

IF you are that messed up mentally and are afraid due to the PTSD of your attack, you will not feel comfy renting out a room. Probably not even to someone you know and trust.

If only they looked at her as closely as him...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A recent poll by Harvard CAPS/Harris found that 60 percent of registered voters believe that Kavanaugh should be confirmed if the FBI investigation finds no corroboration of the accusations against him, according to The Hill. It also found that 66 percent of Americans agree with Flake's decision to put a pause on the Kavanaugh confirmation in order to have the FBI investigation, including 69 percent of independent voters, 45 percent of Republican voters and 80 percent of Democratic voters. Republican voters overwhelmingly want Kavanaugh to be confirmed without further delay and were ready for a vote as early as last week.
    Sixty-three percent of the people polled also believe that Kavanaugh will eventually be confirmed to the court, with the survey finding that most Americans don't think the FBI investigation will reveal anything new. Seventy-two percent of Republicans want Kavanaugh to be confirmed immediately and 86 percent would feel that way if the FBI report is favorable. By contrast, 60 percent of Democrats would oppose Kavanaugh's confirmation even if the FBI investigation fails to corroborate the story of Kavanaugh's most prominent accuser, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/01/je...t-kavanaugh-if-fbi-finds-he-lied-to-congress/

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    [edit] Wrong thread...or maybe not.

Anyhoo, I was going to launch into a discussion about why "believe every accuser" is so nutty....but everyone knows that. Everyone, all sides. Some just make these nonsense statements when it supports their cause.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Yep. Millions of Trump voters are just dumb rubes who only voted for him cause of how much they saw him on the teevee.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    8elI5wz.jpg

Top Bottom