• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    McConnell on Kavanuagh: The goalposts keep shifting. But the goal hasn't moved an inch. The time for endless delay & obstruction has come to a close..we'll be voting this week.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wait a second fellas. Just because many of us on both sides of the political spectrum see the Kavanaugh kangaroo lynching as a travesty, doesn't mean Trump is doing a great job. Latest polls say that 53% disapprove of the job Trump is doing. So, "anti-trump" is really "majority of Americans".

Let's get that straight.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html
    Yeah we all know you hate Trump more than you hate the POS radical leftists that have taken over your party. Haters gonna hate the man inspite of the things that he’s managed to accomplish. Of course they aren’t aware of the accomplishments because the media is too busy with their negative onslaught due to their derangement syndrome. Anyways IDK what Trump’s approval ratings have to do with this thread.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I find it astonishing that an otherwise reasonable and intelligent seeming person can not see through the progressive political and news one sidedness in reference to the President.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was kinda hoping we could let that linger longer. :)

But, now that I think about it, that may not mean much to the younger folks. Maybe now they'll google it.
    I read it in 5th grade. If people dont know what that book is they need to.
    I must make it clear, I do not celebrate or agree with Hitler or any nazis or their ideas. I was and have always been very interested in history. That is why I read it. It was an advanced book for that grade when I took it on and wrote a paper on it. I've never been a one of the mindless sheep ;)

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    This is in addition to the promise of a $250,000 book deal. (The book has already been written; she just needs to put her name on it.)

Perhaps she is writing her book on an Etch a Sketch.

images

I wonder if Ford's democratic handlers just turn her upside down and shake her when a factual memory might be inconvenient to their agenda.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I find it astonishing that an otherwise reasonable and intelligent seeming person can not see through the progressive political and news one sidedness in reference to the President.

I assume you mean me? I can see some of the good things the President has done. However, he has enough character flaws that I don't think he represents the nation as well as a president should.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have an admission to make, I have changed my mind.

Initially I believed that what Prof Ford was saying was true, and it didn't concern me that much. A drunk teenager who didn't break the law in a major way should not impede their ability to serve. After all, who is the same today that they were 30+ years ago?

However, the inconsistencies she showed in her testimony are significant, and her credibility on the flying issue along with how she got home are significant to me. While trauma does in fact solidify memories, it doesn't work 100%. I gave her that. Tell me where you were when your father or mother died. Tell me where you were on 9/11? Tell me where you were when the shuttle blew up? Where were you and who was there when JFK was shot?

We can remember these things because the emotion attached does create a stronger memory than what you had 2 years, 3 monthes, and 12 days ago for dinner.

But not remembering how you got home? Not remembering the home where you were assaulted? This concerns me greatly.

So I was wrong. I do not believe what she said at face value. Do I think she is intentionally lying? No, because I must presume her innocent of that until proven otherwise.

Do I believe she was initially manipulated by a group of democrats? No. HOWEVER, once the lawyers advocated by Sen Feinsteins office got involved my faith goes way downhill on that issue.

I still believe that there are several reports that Judge Kavenaugh did drink to excess in his youth. Does this make him a liar? No. To my thinking he just didn't realize how off the deep end he was at the time. I used to drive a great guy who was a bartender. He told the story of the nicest guy that would come in regularly. Nice, that is, until he started drinking. He became a real PITA as the evening wore on. Beginning of evening - great guy. End of evening - horrible ahole. The guy never realized how bad he became as he drank. I am guessing this is something similar with Judge Kavenaugh, but I don't know for certain.

Either way, there should be a vote and as of now that vote should be to give consent.

Regards,

Doug

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I assume you mean me? I can see some of the good things the President has done. However, he has enough character flaws that I don't think he represents the nation as well as a president should.

Recently you said (something to the effect) that republicans need to man up and fight.

I asked if you had seen anyone in opposition to the democrats who manifested a fighting spirit. I am confident you did not see my query, since you never answered.

As for character flaws I can overlook some things in order to win, as the Democrats have for at least a century.

I also expect a bit of introspection from you and others when locker room talk, inappropriate actions with the opposite sex, and even playing loose with facts is mentioned.

Say it ain't so, you are the Virgin Mary's immaculate sibling and you threw the stone at the woman caught in adultry.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So Republicans can afford to lose 2 votes right? Because we know 0 Democrats will vote for kavanaugh because they have zero guts to go against something that is so wrong as what the democosts have done and to vote based on merits which the judge is amply qualified to be a justice.
    So if the Republicans lose 2 votes the VP as president of the Senate can cast the tie breaker correct?
    So let's get this party started

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We can only lose one. 51R/47D/2I that caucus with D

Following the most recent special election in 2017, the Republican Party holds the majority in the U.S. Senate. Republicans have 51 Senate seats while Democrats have 47 Senate seats. Two seats are held by independents, who caucus with the Democratic Party.

300px-114th_United_States_Senate.svg.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have an admission to make, I have changed my mind.

Initially I believed that what Prof Ford was saying was true, and it didn't concern me that much. A drunk teenager who didn't break the law in a major way should not impede their ability to serve. After all, who is the same today that they were 30+ years ago?

However, the inconsistencies she showed in her testimony are significant, and her credibility on the flying issue along with how she got home are significant to me. While trauma does in fact solidify memories, it doesn't work 100%. I gave her that. Tell me where you were when your father or mother died. Tell me where you were on 9/11? Tell me where you were when the shuttle blew up? Where were you and who was there when JFK was shot?

We can remember these things because the emotion attached does create a stronger memory than what you had 2 years, 3 monthes, and 12 days ago for dinner.

But not remembering how you got home? Not remembering the home where you were assaulted? This concerns me greatly.

So I was wrong. I do not believe what she said at face value. Do I think she is intentionally lying? No, because I must presume her innocent of that until proven otherwise.

Do I believe she was initially manipulated by a group of democrats? No. HOWEVER, once the lawyers advocated by Sen Feinsteins office got involved my faith goes way downhill on that issue.

I still believe that there are several reports that Judge Kavenaugh did drink to excess in his youth. Does this make him a liar? No. To my thinking he just didn't realize how off the deep end he was at the time. I used to drive a great guy who was a bartender. He told the story of the nicest guy that would come in regularly. Nice, that is, until he started drinking. He became a real PITA as the evening wore on. Beginning of evening - great guy. End of evening - horrible ahole. The guy never realized how bad he became as he drank. I am guessing this is something similar with Judge Kavenaugh, but I don't know for certain.

Either way, there should be a vote and as of now that vote should be to give consent.

Regards,

Doug
    So far there seems to be many more that can attest that they have never witnessed Kavanugh being abusive toward women than can support Ford and Miss Ramirez’s allegations. As a matter of fact I don’t think that anyone has come forward with firsthand knowledge to corroborate either allegation. Including those that have been alleged to being there. For those reasons along with the gaps in memories are the reason that I don’t find either one to be credible.

Top Bottom