• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I’m with you. “They” are trying to divide us and to an extent it’s working. Convincing some people they are victims and others are the villains...

If you’re pro _____ then you hate _____
    If you’re not pro _____ then you hate _____
    Doesn’t work if you think about it - it leaves everyone out that’s somewhere in the middle!!

Seems “they” are trying to convince average Americans that if they don’t agree with the narrative then they belong to some fringe category...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uhhhh...If you`re pro-abortion, then you DO hate babies. If you`re not pro-Second Amendment then you DO hate freedom, liberty and the United States Constitution. It`s my opinion that "those in the middle" are miserable, milquetoast, heartless, soulless apathetic suckers, limping through life like a zombie. No passion, nothing worth living for, much less dying for. The gallant men who founded this great Republic were considered the "fringe" group of that day. The British looked down on them for the obvious reasons. Those who were the most devout people of faith in the colonies doubted them because they ignored the commands of Scripture that said they were to submit to those in authority because the Lord had allowed those to be in place over them. In fact, Evangelist John Macarthur has said that God didn`t bless America because of what the Founders did, but that God has blessed America in spite of what the Founders did. I could not disagree with that illogical assessment any more than I do.

Nevertheless, while in general, the point you make about professional agitators working overtime to divide us is fair, I`m of the opinion that those with a fire in their belly, and on the "fringe" as you put it, are those who are most actively working to facilitate positive change.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Just so you know...if you`re a white, Christian, Second Amendment advocate; you`re a racist;

I have not a single flying **** to give.

When everything is racism, nothing is racism.

This writer can go to Hell.

TomO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Central
    Uhhhh...If you`re pro-abortion, then you DO hate babies. If you`re not pro-Second Amendment then you DO hate freedom, liberty and the United States Constitution. It`s my opinion that "those in the middle" are miserable, milquetoast, heartless, soulless apathetic suckers, limping through life like a zombie. No passion, nothing worth living for, much less dying for. The gallant men who founded this great Republic were considered the "fringe" group of that day. The British looked down on them for the obvious reasons. Those who were the most devout people of faith in the colonies doubted them because they ignored the commands of Scripture that said they were to submit to those in authority because the Lord had allowed those to be in place over them. In fact, Evangelist John Macarthur has said that God didn`t bless America because of what the Founders did, but that God has blessed America in spite of what the Founders did. I could not disagree with that illogical assessment any more than I do.

Nevertheless, while in general, the point you make about professional agitators working overtime to divide us is fair, I`m of the opinion that those with a fire in their belly, and on the "fringe" as you put it, are those who are most actively working to facilitate positive change.

You make very good points! I didn’t consider my stance for all situations - guess I was only speaking to certain situations. Good assessment. And honestly I think we might be saying very similar things in slightly different ways.

To me fringe groups have always been hate groups that make up very little of our society.

I’ve never consider the American revolutionaries fringe but I can see where you’re coming from.

Last edited:

TomO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Central

You got me doing a lot of thinking.

Guess my point was as a Christian I don’t hate anyone but I won’t support or promote a lifestyle that isn’t part of God’s plan for us.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

Guess my point was as a Christian I don’t hate anyone but I won’t support or promote a lifestyle that isn’t part of God’s plan for us.

You make a great point as well. I see that we can have very similar values, and still, our perspectives can be such that, even if we hold similar beliefs, we could potentially see things differently enough that we have certain differences. That`s a very interesting point and observation.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Very well said. The narrative tells us that if we don't endorse things contrary to God we somehow become bigots and haters which is patently false. We are commanded not to judge others but that most certainly does not require us to endorse ungodly acts.

I also find the racial discord being pushed very disconcerting. The solution is very simple. All are created in the image of God and that settles it.

Top Bottom