• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...do you count linking YouTube videos as "support"? I still link the videos that are about guns/gear. My viewing of a video probably puts a nickel in Yeager's pocket. Of course so does the viewing by everyone else who chooses to watch them...

Wow a nickel a piece? I knew there were $ involved, but that seems higher than expected?

I would never give my training money to Mr. Yeager for a couple reasons, three now with the showing of his lack of composure under pressure. I don't mind letting him have the YouTube money for my views though. The YouTube videos are a great service. I hope he continues with them (and develops some discretion.)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    What qualifies as "supporting"? I'm only aware of one Staff member taking a TR class in the past, where actual money would've exchanged hands. And I think that was back in '07 or '08.

Or do you count linking YouTube videos as "support"? I still link the videos that are about guns/gear. My viewing of a video probably puts a nickel in Yeager's pocket. Of course so does the viewing by everyone else who chooses to watch them.

Or do you count "support" as talking about him in threads that are focused on the man himself? Because that's what you're doing.

There are obviously a lot of different forms of support. I wouldn't consider talking about him on INGO "support." I guess watching his videos would qualify, but I'm obviously guilty of that. I've seen at least 4 (2 since I decided I don't like the guy). Making youtube videos bashing the guy is also support since negative publicity is still publicity.

What I meant by, "support" for example would be that one thread where Fenway and several other mods were egging Yeager on, posting a picture of him holding money to get rookie(?) to go visit him. That really disgusted me.

BTW, did DHS really suspend Yeager's carry permit/license or is that a hoax?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    There are obviously a lot of different forms of support. I wouldn't consider talking about him on INGO "support." I guess watching his videos would qualify, but I'm obviously guilty of that. I've seen at least 4 (2 since I decided I don't like the guy). Making youtube videos bashing the guy is also support since negative publicity is still publicity.

What I meant by, "support" for example would be that one thread where Fenway and several other mods were egging Yeager on, posting a picture of him holding money to get rookie(?) to go visit him. That really disgusted me.

BTW, did DHS really suspend Yeager's carry permit/license or is that a hoax?

TN Department of Safety and Homeland Security did suspend his permit/license. Link contains the statement from them.

State Suspends Handgun Carry Permit Of Tactical Response CEO | TPM LiveWire

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Even though I'm not a fan of the guy, I don't want his rights taken away...But that makes me LOL pretty hard.

Did he extend his "line in the sand" or has he started killing people?

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers

Honestly, that was the last day I logged onto INGO until post-Sandy Hook brought me back. No swan song. None of that crap. I did decide that I had had enough though, until desire to band together in the face of Feinswine / Barry made me put it aside.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Honestly, that was the last day I logged onto INGO until post-Sandy Hook brought me back. No swan song. None of that crap. I did decide that I had had enough though, until desire to band together in the face of Feinswine / Barry made me put it aside.

The actions/opinions of the few don't reflect us all.

There are too many good people (yeah, including you Mr. Rice:laugh:) that I like conversing with here to up and leave for something like that, even though I don't condone that behavior.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I like this guy. He's a man's man and many people don't get him, I believe. Sure he can be an a..hole. .... So? So can most of you guys ;).
    We're seeing just one side of this guy, and like him or not, he's got great exposure from youtube and is probably doing quite well for himself.
    I'd hang with him for a day or so if I had the chance.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Honestly, that was the last day I logged onto INGO until post-Sandy Hook brought me back.

Thanks for the clarification Benny. That whole episode did go a little sideways. Rookie thought it was funny, and Fenway and I thought it was funny, but I think the humor got lost in translation amongst most others.

For me personally I am more curious than anything. I've heard such widely varying reports of Yeager/TR that I'm genuinely curious how the training stacks up to other schools. And that curiosity lead me to actually meet Mr. Yeager and to accept his offer to train with TR this coming April. Hopefully then I'll have more insight I can bring back to the forum. Until then I'll continue to watch his videos and filter them through my own experience and watch with everyone else to see what exactly he'll say next. :n00b:

Benged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I find it interesting how many of you think he bad for gun owners... Liberals don't care what you look like if you say gun they automatically see JY.

I don't agree with his message, but I stand and applaud his standing up for something.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    For me personally I am more curious than anything. I've heard such widely varying reports of Yeager/TR that I'm genuinely curious how the training stacks up to other schools. And that curiosity lead me to actually meet Mr. Yeager and to accept his offer to train with TR this coming April. Hopefully then I'll have more insight I can bring back to the forum.

I'll still respect you in the morning... er, I mean after the training.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It's funny. In any movement that is struggling to break out of an imposed marginalization, who is trying to gain/force acceptance, and who fears being relegated to a closet by a harsh society that day after day demonizes them - in any movement with those stressors there will emerge two opposite kinds of working groups/styles:

The Normalizers - this group works to be the "suits" who show just how normal and mainstream the movement actually is. They underscore how there is a misunderstanding that is being abused for gain and make clear the cruelty of marginalization and the silliness of accusations and stereotypes. They do not want to overthrow the table, they just want to secure their place at it.

The Breakaways - this group works to be the "f-you, this is who I am" voice of uncompromising purity. This group is made up of those who know who they are and could care less what others think. To make change they will strut their true selves before society and God himself and really do not care what others think, especially those trying to marginalize them. They do not want to eat scraps from the father's table much less have a conditional place at it based on compromised self.

These groups very often clash. The suits always see the breakaways as ruining all their hard work and gains out of selfishness at best, or as a mark of the disgrace that some members are by their overdone nature. The breakaways see the suits as uncle toms that beg to the very forces that want to enslave them. The suits enrage the breakaways especially when they criticize.... You get the point.

OC and CC are obviously another way it plays out in the gun rights community, but I try to remember this:

In past movements that have been successful, both groups have had their importance and effect doing two different but likely necessary tasks.

Is there a point too far in protest? Oh, yeah there is. My dad was not at the lab the night it blew up at the University of Wisconsin. Making orphans to protest a war is one of the those lines too far.

So don't be surprised that there are different responses to Yaeger's videos. We are not one community, and we are not all fighting the same kind of fight, but hopefully we are mostly working to the same end.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Greenpeace-ers used to say folks were willing to deal with them because they were so palatable and mainstream compared to EarthFirst-ers.

Personally, I prefer the HoneyBooBoo reference.

Evan - You're right. That was all pillow talk. :)

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    The Normalizers - this group works to be the "suits" who show just how normal and mainstream the movement actually is. They underscore how there is a misunderstanding that is being abused for gain and make clear the cruelty of marginalization and the silliness of accusations and stereotypes. They do not want to overthrow the table, they just want to secure their place at it.

OC and CC are obviously another way it plays out in the gun rights community

I was thinking about OC while I read this. OCers are the Normalizers. The objectives of Open Carriers are:

1. To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public. To normalize it.

2. To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.

3. To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a firearm.

4. To protect our right to self-defense.

So how does OC v. CC reflect your Breakaway v. Normalizer description? OCers and CCers are both Normalizers.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Saddend that since the Feds started talking to him and since he lost his ccw that he is now trying to be mr I'm sorry and mr nice guy and before he was cussin people out for being fair weather 2a people....

Wow...

I think he is like most of his so called army... A lot if talk until you put pressure on them and then they do a complete 180....

Personally I even un liked him o Facebook, not going to risk being put on the same lists that he is now on..

I think him and patriot nurse need to lock themselves in a room with no outside communication for a while... Used to really enjoy what they had to say.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've always been taught that, no matter how though you are, there's always someone tougher. Looks like Yeager finally learned that himself.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Saddend that since the Feds started talking to him and since he lost his ccw that he is now trying to be mr I'm sorry and mr nice guy and before he was cussin people out for being fair weather 2a people....

I've been off INGO for a few days so I apologize if this is old news. When did the Feds talk to him?

I think he is like most of his so called army... A lot if talk until you put pressure on them and then they do a complete 180....

Who is his 'army'?

Top Bottom