• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why would Mr. Yeager have a carry permit in the first place if he didn't need one? :dunno:

Sometimes you actually have more coverage with a states handgun permit than LEOSA, let me explain. Under LEOSA 2 of the qualifiers is you can not be pending any discipline etc or be under the influence of alcohol. Not that having alcohol in your system is a good idea with carrying a firearm but with an Indiana handgun permit you are still legal. say you are facing dicipline with an Indiana (or your state) permit you are still covered and your agency can't say nothin!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sometimes you actually have more coverage with a states handgun permit than LEOSA, let me explain. Under LEOSA 2 of the qualifiers is you can not be pending any discipline etc or be under the influence of alcohol. Not that having alcohol in your system is a good idea with carrying a firearm but with an Indiana handgun permit you are still legal. say you are facing dicipline with an Indiana (or your state) permit you are still covered and your agency can't say nothin!

Could that be an advantage to a self-claimed nondrinking Mr. Yeager in TN?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Could that be an advantage to a self-claimed nondrinking Mr. Yeager in TN?

If Mr Yeager was covered under LEOSA maybe. Don't know if Mr Yeager is covered by LEOSA though. If he was the state could pull his qualifications on LEOSA as well. As a retired Officer you are required to have a card showing your firearms qualification along with your retired ID through your respective state. I was just answering bwframe's post about why someone carrying under LEOSA. Alot of folks that are qualified under LEOSA also have a state permit from their respective state as well and I just gave a couple reasons why some do that was all.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i think he majorly screwed himself and his business...i have a real hard time listening to him even when he is right..he made us all look like whack jobs..that is the face they want to put on all of us....i would never go to his classes ...he is an angry person...if he does not get his handgun license back then the next time he runs a stop sign he could be looking at some kind of gun charge because i know he wont leave it at home...you cant threaten the federal gov't ...uncle sam can nuke you till you glow and shoot you in the dark....pack your bags? start stretching? lets meet up? what was he gonna do attack the white house...i would venture to say that he wouldnt make it onto the lawn before he got cut in half....what an idiot....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That was some funny stuff!

Our definitions of funny must be different. I was shaking my head in disgust.

Millions of fence-sitters saw this.

I didn't really care one way or the other about him when he was just a youtube whore yearning for some attention, since he was pretty much irrelevant. Now that he's being shown on a show as popular as the Colbert Report, I have concerns.

Yeager is a detriment to responsible gun owners.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Our definitions of funny must be different. I was shaking my head in disgust.

Millions of fence-sitters saw this.

I didn't really care one way or the other about him when he was just a youtube whore yearning for some attention, since he was pretty much irrelevant. Now that he's being shown on a show as popular as the Colbert Report, I have concerns.

Yeager is a detriment to responsible gun owners.

I thought it was funny in that Colbert makes fun of everyone. He poked fun at the idiot morgan, the off the wall Jones and the really off the wall comments Yeager made.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is our Admin/(some of the)mod staff still supporting this ****ing douchebag?

What qualifies as "supporting"? I'm only aware of one Staff member taking a TR class in the past, where actual money would've exchanged hands. And I think that was back in '07 or '08.

Or do you count linking YouTube videos as "support"? I still link the videos that are about guns/gear. My viewing of a video probably puts a nickel in Yeager's pocket. Of course so does the viewing by everyone else who chooses to watch them.

Or do you count "support" as talking about him in threads that are focused on the man himself? Because that's what you're doing.

That won't stop the INGO mods from falling all over themselves to post his videos here.

I'm the guy that posts his videos here with regularity, and I'm just one Mod. There is another Mod that will be traveling with me in April to take a TR class. Both classes were gifted to us. So that's 2 of us. I'm not sure what the other 7 Staff members think of him because they haven't shared their opinions.

I am curious why you guys feel that every opinion I share on INGO is also shared by the other Moderators? I've been pretty clear in the past on why I post the videos and where I stand on various topics surrounding Yeager, but I'm starting to get the impression that some people are more interested in him as a person than I am about the gear and training tips he offers on YouTube.

Top Bottom