• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    We don't have a 'Mad as Hell' section, so I'll put it here since my issue is ammo related.

Why is buying ammo at Walmart like pulling teeth? I'll be as brief as possible here.

Stopped at the Bedford Indiana Walmart at eight this morning to buy some .45 ACP rounds for my new 1911. Walking back to sporting goods, I ran into a manager and asked for some help. He said he would page someone with keys and that he would be back to check on me to make sure I got what I wanted. . .You guessed it. Neither the manager or sales person showed up after 15 minutes of waiting.

I flagged an associate down next, thinking I'll give it one more shot. Of course they had to page someone. Another ten minute wait and no one showed up to help. I left all my junk laying right there on the sporting goods counter and stormed out the door.

I was honestly thinking this at one point. I should light up a cigarette right there at the counter. By God that would get about seven people back there.

For those of you that live in South Central Indiana, this is how mad I was. I left Walmart and drove to Cosner's Guns of all places. Do you realize how irate someone has to be to give David Cosner the opportunity to rob them? I left there and felt like I had a really bad prison experience.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Under paid over worked Wal-Mart employees at 8am trying to get a shift started no commission for ammo sales.
    You didn't get good service, you left a mess for someone who wasn't at fault to have to clean up. I'm sure you made somebody's Saturday pleasant. They'll probably be ranting on some forum or facebook about rude gun owning customers.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    We don't have a 'Mad as Hell' section, so I'll put it here since my issue is ammo related.

Why is buying ammo at Walmart like pulling teeth? I'll be as brief as possible here.

Stopped at the Bedford Indiana Walmart at eight this morning to buy some .45 ACP rounds for my new 1911. Walking back to sporting goods, I ran into a manager and asked for some help. He said he would page someone with keys and that he would be back to check on me to make sure I got what I wanted. . .You guessed it. Neither the manager or sales person showed up after 15 minutes of waiting.

I flagged an associate down next, thinking I'll give it one more shot. Of course they had to page someone. Another ten minute wait and no one showed up to help. I left all my junk laying right there on the sporting goods counter and stormed out the door.

I was honestly thinking this at one point. I should light up a cigarette right there at the counter. By God that would get about seven people back there.

For those of you that live in South Central Indiana, this is how mad I was. I left Walmart and drove to Cosner's Guns of all places. Do you realize how irate someone has to be to give David Cosner the opportunity to rob them? I left there and felt like I had a really bad prison experience.
    I feel your pain...

I do not frequent that pigsty store any longer to buy anything if I can absolutely avoid it...period. The few bucks saved (sometimes) doesn't justify the grief that I ALWAYS feel or get EVERYTIME I visit there....no matter what city, town or state it's in. :noway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hmmmm...I usually don't have a problem finding somebody at the ammo counter @ Bedford. But finding WWB 45acp at Bedford seems to be a rarity.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The only times anyone is ever at the sporting goods counter at the Bedford Walmart is when you aren't actually looking for anything.

I gave up a long time ago there, the folks in the back of that store are incompetent and really have no desire to actually be of any service.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been ordering rimfire rounds in 5k lots. I can meet or beat WM in most cases and save the aggravation of actually going into a WM.

That's what I've been doing too. I keep 20-30k around on hand and buy 5k at a time when I have a little extra cash and have probably saved 4-5 hours of my life over buying a 500 box or two at a time at wallyworld. Hence why WM hasn't gotten any of my business in ammo in a long time.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Buy Press. Buy components. Pull lever. Problem solved.

Already there. I just wanted a little factory stuff so I could have some brass to reload. I was at rock bottom when it comes to .45 ACP brass.

FYI, they had some Winchester White Box and Federal while I was there. It was sitting behind the glass mocking me.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Depends on who, why and when at the store. I would take it up the ladder if it was consistent. It's easy to bash Walmart because there are so many. The Walmart in Greencastle is stocking AR-15's - Sigs and Colts.... Pretty gun/ammo friendly and looking to make a sale.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Depends on who, why and when at the store. I would take it up the ladder if it was consistent. It's easy to bash Walmart because there are so many.

Consistent like every single time I went in there looking for ammo (once or twice a month) for a couple years. Different times of the day. I have no desire to walk it up the ladder because I don't expect any better from WM, and I never figured it was up to me to improve their customer service, I just stopped buying from them and never looked back. I did mention it to a manager when I would find one and there was always an excuse and it never got better. They'll make their money whether or not I go there so it's no skin off my nose.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Walmart sells ammo? Who knew?!

22LR in bulk. LCC or RC for centerfire.

I would sooner buy all the components and wait a week for it to arrive than try to get someone behind the counter at Wally World.

Top Bottom